Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: List of mass shootings in relation to Victim Disarmament Zones

  1. #1
    Regular Member hhofent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    142

    List of mass shootings in relation to Victim Disarmament Zones

    Does anyone have a list of mass murders/shootings and info regarding the correlation to gun free zones?
    I am thinking of making a tshirt that has real facts on it regarding the situation.
    I could do the research myself, and still might, but was wondering if anyone has already done it and compiled a list of sorts.
    If no one has anything, I'll do it myself.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,162

    Start here

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_m...by_individuals

    Look at the references and citations
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Gil223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Weber County Utah
    Posts
    1,428
    Here's a start...
    THE LIST:
    - Nidal Hasan – Ft Hood Shooter: Reg*istered Democrat and Muslim.
    - Aaron Alexis, Navy Yard shooter – black liberal/Obama voter
    - Seung-Hui Cho – Virginia Tech shooter: Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff, registered Democrat.
    - James Holmes – the “Dark Knight”/Colorado shooter: Registered Democrat, staff worker on the Obama campaign, #Occu*py guy,progressive liberal, hated Christians.
    - Amy Bishop, the rabid leftist, killed her colleagues in Alabama, Obama supporter.
    - Andrew J. Stack, flew plane into IRS building in Texas – Leftist Democrat
    - James J. Lee who was the “green activist”/ leftist took hostages at Discovery Channel – progressive liberal Democrat.
    - Jared Loughner, the Tucson shooter – Leftist, Marxist.
    - Ohio bomb plot derps were occupy Wall St leftists.
    - Harris and Klebold, the Columbine Shooters – families registered Democrats and progressive Leftists.
    - Bill Ayers, Weather Underground bomber – Leftist Democrat.
    - Lee Harvey Oswald, Socialist, Communist and Democrat – killed John F. Kennedy
    Don't know about the latest nutjobs...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

  4. #4
    Regular Member hhofent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    142
    Wow thanks

    Sent from an unspecified mobile phone using unspecified software.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    Here's a start...
    THE LIST:
    - Nidal Hasan – Ft Hood Shooter: Reg*istered Democrat and Muslim.
    - Aaron Alexis, Navy Yard shooter – black liberal/Obama voter
    - Seung-Hui Cho – Virginia Tech shooter: Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff, registered Democrat.
    - James Holmes – the “Dark Knight”/Colorado shooter: Registered Democrat, staff worker on the Obama campaign, #Occu*py guy,progressive liberal, hated Christians.
    - Amy Bishop, the rabid leftist, killed her colleagues in Alabama, Obama supporter.
    - Andrew J. Stack, flew plane into IRS building in Texas – Leftist Democrat
    - James J. Lee who was the “green activist”/ leftist took hostages at Discovery Channel – progressive liberal Democrat.
    - Jared Loughner, the Tucson shooter – Leftist, Marxist.
    - Ohio bomb plot derps were occupy Wall St leftists.
    - Harris and Klebold, the Columbine Shooters – families registered Democrats and progressive Leftists.
    - Bill Ayers, Weather Underground bomber – Leftist Democrat.
    - Lee Harvey Oswald, Socialist, Communist and Democrat – killed John F. Kennedy
    Don't know about the latest nutjobs...
    What's the correlation to gun free zones?

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  6. #6
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    What's the correlation to gun free zones?

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Leftist, Communist, Socialist, and Democrats are the ones pushing so called gun free zones?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  7. #7
    Regular Member Gil223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Weber County Utah
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    What's the correlation to gun free zones?

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    The first six were all committing multiple murders in GFZ's. The seventh took hostages at Discovery Communications in 2010, armed with a starter pistol and "an explosive device" of indeterminate origin and type (assumed to be a GFZ). Number 8, committed multiple murders, but was not in a GFZ. Number 9 were just garden variety lefties (GFZ unknown - intent was multiple murders mainly by bomb). The duo at number 10, were the infamous Columbine HS killers (Columbine was a GFZ). Number 11 - Not certain how Ayers made the list, other than being a left-wing bomber. Ayers participated in the 1971 bombing of the Capitol Building and the 1972 bombing of the Pentagon, plus some police cars. Both buildings are GFZ's, but no gun was reported as being used - Ayers had a preference for bombs, to create multiple casualties and deaths. Number 12, Lee Harvey Oswald was not a multiple killer (if a "killer" at all), but it was believed that he killed President John F. Kennedy in what should have been declared a GFZ... but GFZ's had not become popular at that time. Hey... "half a loaf is better than none!" Kinda got zeroed-in on mass murderers in the middle... gomenasai! No intent to mislead, just got sidetracked from my mental "map".
    Last edited by Gil223; 05-28-2014 at 02:21 PM.
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

  8. #8
    Regular Member DaveT319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    What's the correlation to gun free zones?
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Leftist, Communist, Socialist, and Democrats are the ones pushing so called gun free zones?
    That's not what he means. He's trying to find out what percentage of mass shootings OCCUR in GFZs, not whether the shooters aligned themselves with the party that is the proponent of GFZs.

    OP, you can start by compiling a list of all the school shootings in the last 20 years or so, as those obviously occurred in GFZs: Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, etc. Add to that the ones that have occurred at military installations: Ft. Hood, Navy Yard. Next, nearly every workplace shooting has been a GFZ, including most recently the Fed Ex shooting. And then the Aurora, CO theater was considered a GFZ.

    I think that's about it. Remember also that the Gabby Giffords incident took place in public, but you could probably call it a de facto GFZ because of the security there.

    Worth noting: there was at least one ATTEMPTED mass shooting - the Portland, OR mall incident - that is known to have been stopped BEFORE it became a mass shooting because the shooter was confronted by an armed citizen, so he took his own life.
    Last edited by DaveT319; 05-28-2014 at 05:41 AM.

  9. #9
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    And yet another misses my sarcasm even in a question!:-B
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  10. #10
    Regular Member DaveT319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    283
    I guess so. Sorry.

  11. #11
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    What's the correlation to gun free zones?

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Having to ask is the issue, not the reading of the printed word.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  12. #12
    Regular Member XD40coyote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    woman stuck in Maryland, ,
    Posts
    709
    Here's some mass shootings from my memory.

    -San Ysidro CA 7/18/84 "McDonalds Massacre" James Huberty?. don't recall death toll, but it was in the 20's, Uzi carbine, handgun,etc GUN FREE ZONE- via CA law

    -Stockton, CA 1/17/89 Cleveland Elementary School, Patrick Purdy, 5 children dead, used semi auto AK47, this one responsible for fed GFSZ law and 1994 EBR ban. This is the one that grabbed my attention as a 16 year old and got me obsessed with guns/gun issue first time around. Damned media wouldn't stop talking about it and EBR's. GFZ via CA law

    -Killeen, TX 10/16/91 Luby's Café, George Hennard Jr, 24 or so dead, Susan Hupp survived, got TX ccw law in, used handguns GFZ via TX law at time

    -Various more minor school shootings in mid 1990's, all GFZ's via federal law

    -Columbine 4/19/99 during midst of federal EBR ban, yet used a semi auto Tec 9 among other guns, GFZ via federal laws, though had 1 armed security guard who wasn't trained well enough or was inept ( or something)

    -VA Tech- 4/16/07 32 dead, 2 handguns used, GFZ via school rules

    -Omaha Mall- 7 or 8 dead, semi auto AK style, Dec 2008, mall was posted as GFZ

    -Gabby Giffords/Tuscon AZ- only one of these NOT in a GFZ, but was a gathering of Democrats who apparently weren't carrying due to probable brainwashing of D party being anti gun, handgun used

    -Ft Hood- GFZ except for MP's and civi cops, none were right at scene when it happened.

    -"Batman" movie theater shooting, CO, primary weapon 12 ga shotgun, AR jammed, plus handgun, 12 killed, movie theater posted NO GUNS, therefore GFZ

    -Newtown, 12/14/12, 26 dead, hinky from the beginning, but probably happened despite tinfoil hatters, just that there is a coverup of some sort, such as actual weapon used, and possible 2nd/3rd shooter, least transparent mass shooting of ALL of them. Possible gov't false flag event with actual deaths, used to try to push Obama gun control laws. Adam Lanza named as shooter. Sounds like he was way too autistic to even be driving a car. I have aspergers and have trouble driving and am very high functioning. Less functioning aspies most often don't even have a driver's lisc. He sounded like he was not very functioning/shut-in. GFZ federal/state laws.

    -Navy Yard shooting- another GFZ except MP's and guards at gates. No MP's on right on scene while rampage was occurring.

    -Ft Hood shooting 2- still a GFZ

    -latest CA rampage- SoCA all one big GFZ by law

  13. #13
    Regular Member DaveT319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    -Newtown, 12/14/12, 26 dead, hinky from the beginning, but probably happened despite tinfoil hatters, just that there is a coverup of some sort, such as actual weapon used, and possible 2nd/3rd shooter, least transparent mass shooting of ALL of them. Possible gov't false flag event with actual deaths, used to try to push Obama gun control laws. Adam Lanza named as shooter. Sounds like he was way too autistic to even be driving a car. I have aspergers and have trouble driving and am very high functioning. Less functioning aspies most often don't even have a driver's lisc. He sounded like he was not very functioning/shut-in. GFZ federal/state laws
    Can you point me to some "credible" sources for more info on this "false flag" angle? I'd prefer something with real evidence and not just accusations with no actual proof. This isn't the first time I've heard this theory, but like the WTC conspiracies, I have a hard time believing that our government would go to those lengths to push policy. Maybe I'm naive, but I just don't think they'd kill innocents like that.

  14. #14
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,886
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveT319 View Post
    snip...

    Worth noting: there was at least one ATTEMPTED mass shooting - the Portland, OR mall incident - that is known to have been stopped BEFORE it became a mass shooting because the shooter was confronted by an armed citizen, so he took his own life.
    didn't you just call out another member for lack of a cite...soooo, DaveT, do you have a cite supporting this statement about being confronted by an armed citizen?

    DaveT quote "I'd prefer something with real evidence and not just accusations with no actual proof. This isn't the first time I've heard this theory, but like the WTC conspiracies, I have a hard time believing that...." unquote

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 05-28-2014 at 09:52 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  15. #15
    Regular Member DaveT319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    didn't you just call out another member for lack of a cite...soooo, DaveT, do you have a cite supporting this statement about being confronted by an armed citizen?

    DaveT quote "I'd prefer something with real evidence and not just accusations with no actual proof. This isn't the first time I've heard this theory, but like the WTC conspiracies, I have a hard time believing that...." unquote

    ipse
    So now YOU are going to start trolling me too? OK.

    First off, I did not "call out" that other member. I asked if he had a site that he could point me to regarding the Sandy Hook conspiracy, because I'd heard mention of it before, but don't know the whole theory or evidence that supports it. I was hoping he could point me to a somewhat reputable site with facts to back up their assertions. And just like I said, I have a hard time believing that it was really a government false flag op. Just like the WTC conspiracies, which to me have been totally debunked.

    As for the Portland shooting, it turns out 2 were actually killed and one other injured in that shooting. I thought I recalled at the time of the incident that he came in intending to kill a bunch of people, but wasn't able to because someone pointed their gun at him which caused him to just commit suicide. I guess the reality is that he killed two and wounded a third, which is what prompted the armed LAC to draw down on him. And the assertion that it was that action that prompted the shooter to kill himself is unsubstantiated.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clackam...enter_shooting
    He attempted to reload the AR-15 at that point, but was unable to do so, the weapon having apparently jammed. During that time, Nick Meli, a concealed carry permit holder, reportedly drew his Glock 22, took aim at Roberts, but did not fire since there was a bystander behind Roberts. Meli asserts that Roberts saw him, and that this may have contributed to Roberts' decision to commit suicide, though this is unsubstantiated.
    So I remember wrong. Sue me. But it IS worth noting that it was a GFZ according to the page, so it fits with this thread.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Gil223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Weber County Utah
    Posts
    1,428

    Not directly related to this thread...

    But a statistic of some relevance (that some of you may find interesting) that I extracted from a GOA email which I received tonight - "First, gun control made people less safe. California, which has the strictest gun laws in the nation, has a gun-homicide rate that is 70 times higher than Utah’s -- the state the Brady Campaign listed as having the least gun control in the nation. So people are actually much safer in Utah, where guns are more easily available!" This statistic piqued my interest, so I did some research and found that since 1902 there have been only two "mass shootings" in the state of Utah (both in Salt Lake City - 1999 & 2007), with a total loss of life of 8. The 2007 shooting spree was in a GFZ (Trolley Square was signed), the 1999 shooting was also in a GFZ (Alta Vista Hospital). We have had NO shootings in other GFZ's... perhaps because we issue about 75,000 CFPs each year (however, many of those are are issued to out-of-staters, but I could find no statistic available on how many went where). Pax...
    Last edited by Gil223; 05-29-2014 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Messed up locations...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

  17. #17
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,886
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveT319 View Post
    So now YOU are going to start trolling me too? OK.

    First off, I did not "call out" that other member. I asked if he had a site that he could point me to regarding the Sandy Hook conspiracy, because I'd heard mention of it before, but don't know the whole theory or evidence that supports it. I was hoping he could point me to a somewhat reputable site with facts to back up their assertions. And just like I said, I have a hard time believing that it was really a government false flag op. Just like the WTC conspiracies, which to me have been totally debunked.

    As for the Portland shooting, it turns out 2 were actually killed and one other injured in that shooting. I thought I recalled at the time of the incident that he came in intending to kill a bunch of people, but wasn't able to because someone pointed their gun at him which caused him to just commit suicide. I guess the reality is that he killed two and wounded a third, which is what prompted the armed LAC to draw down on him. And the assertion that it was that action that prompted the shooter to kill himself is unsubstantiated.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clackam...enter_shooting

    So I remember wrong. Sue me. But it IS worth noting that it was a GFZ according to the page, so it fits with this thread.
    you used wikipedia as your authoritative source? even though you know the material on their site is not verified what so ever?

    then you continue spewing your invalidated and grossly incorrect 'recollection(s)' about the OR shooting about another citizen there who confronted the shooter even when you know the citizen's story is pure unadulterated and unmitigated BS since there is no credible source to cite since this story has only been told by the citizen on their facebook page and tabloid internet sites for whatever personal reason, only they know!

    bottom line, and for the record, your posting of the OR mall shooting is pure fabrication!

    yet you don't feel you can take the time to search for your own cites, critically and objectively evaluate them before posting?

    jump up and down and continue insulting me...seems to be normal behaviour for you...btw, do you do this kind of behaviour in person when things don't go your way...hummm

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 05-29-2014 at 08:29 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  18. #18
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,886
    Quote Originally Posted by hhofent View Post
    Does anyone have a list of mass murders/shootings and info regarding the correlation to gun free zones?
    I am thinking of making a tshirt that has real facts on it regarding the situation.
    I could do the research myself, and still might, but was wondering if anyone has already done it and compiled a list of sorts.
    If no one has anything, I'll do it myself.
    didn't mark twain in 1885 mention something about whitewashing a fence?

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  19. #19
    Regular Member DaveT319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    283
    Oh yay, more trolling!
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    you used wikipedia as your authoritative source? even though you know the material on their site is not verified what so ever?
    Yes, I used Wikipedia, because it had all the information in a concise location. Just because it's Wiki doesn't mean it's wrong. Here, allow me to post another source that hopefully YOU will find reputable enough:
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/11/us/oregon-mall-shooting/
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    then you continue spewing your invalidated and grossly incorrect 'recollection(s)' about the OR shooting about another citizen there who confronted the shooter even when you know the citizen's story is pure unadulterated and unmitigated BS since there is no credible source to cite since this story has only been told by the citizen on their facebook page and tabloid internet sites for whatever personal reason, only they know!
    How was it invalidated? The guy was actually confronted by an armed LAC, who did not fire because of someone in the background that he was afraid he might hit if he missed the shooter. That's not the same as being "invalidated", it's just that the precise details were different from what I recalled:
    http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-ma...183593571.html
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    bottom line, and for the record, your posting of the OR mall shooting is pure fabrication!
    Nope, it's not. See the source above.
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    yet you don't feel you can take the time to search for your own cites, critically and objectively evaluate them before posting?
    No, I of course could search for sites about the Newtown shooting conspiracy. I was just wondering if the poster had one that they knew of that had good info.
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    jump up and down and continue insulting me...seems to be normal behaviour for you...btw, do you do this kind of behaviour in person when things don't go your way...hummm

    ipse
    Do you do this kind of behavior as well? The trolling and the baiting?

    Look, I'm done with you too. I'd appreciate if you'd stop trolling and baiting me. You are now also on my ignore list along with your buddy. You should do the same with me.
    Last edited by DaveT319; 05-29-2014 at 01:54 PM.

  20. #20
    Regular Member hhofent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    didn't mark twain in 1885 mention something about whitewashing a fence?

    ipse
    I believe he did. He also said "the very ink with which history was written is fluid prejudice."

    Look how much info I got just by asking.

    Sent from an unspecified mobile phone using unspecified software.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Gil223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Weber County Utah
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    jump up and down and continue insulting me...seems to be normal behaviour for you...btw, do you do this kind of behaviour in person when things don't go your way...hummm

    ipse
    You don't spell like a North Carolinian... more like one of Her Majesty's subjects, with the beloved Brit unnecessary of the letter "u". There's also your correct use of the Latin nominative "ipse". C'mon, 'fess-up... you're a transplanted Brit barrister/solicitor, right? Pax...
    Last edited by Gil223; 05-29-2014 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Typo...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •