• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First open carry, Kenosha

MikeLovell

It was just a quick trip out as I had to get back, I was with my wife (she was not carrying) and we visited.

Penzeys Spices:
Got a load of ingredients to make Chicken Tikka Masala, there about 15 minutes. Wasn't busy but there were a few people in there.

Gander Mountain:
Looked at some handguns, considering a revolver for my wifes concealed carry (we live in Illinois). And got some "Keep Calm Carry a Gun" T-Shirts for my wife (convincing her to carry!) and some pink-camo PJ's for my kids. Also quiet, but had a pleasant conversation with a female member of staff about England (I'm English, she heard my accent).

No comments, no strange looks (that I caught!), interaction with staff seemed as normal.

There's no way it wasn't noticed. It's a P226 MK25 in a SERPA holster - A big gun/holster that sticks out like a sore thumb, and I was wearing non-black clothes so it certainly didn't blend in.

So all positive! I was a bit nervous at times though :)

Law abider

It was just a quick trip out as I had to get back, I was with my wife (she was not carrying) and we visited.

Penzeys Spices:
Got a load of ingredients to make Chicken Tikka Masala, there about 15 minutes. Wasn't busy but there were a few people in there.

Hope you got the SHAN or MDH Tikka Masala. OC here is good except maybe in Milwaukee at times or maybe Madison. We seem to see a start of challenges to OC in smaller communities.

MikeLovell

Yes, WI is pretty nice when it comes to carry. :)

Here's to many more OC-ing!

Hope you got the SHAN or MDH Tikka Masala. OC here is good except maybe in Milwaukee at times or maybe Madison. We seem to see a start of challenges to OC in smaller communities.

My wife made it completely from scratch.

It was truly awesome! Massive outlay for ingredients but they'll make many meals.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting to be told to leave at any point, just waiting on it. Never happened.

chowda

No comments, no strange looks (that I caught!), interaction with staff seemed as normal.

now belive it or not, that would be normal as cops/detectives also walk around with pistols on their being, so why not for a 'civilian' to also have a pistol on their hip? i've done it myself.
however, when a cop walks in carrying an ar-15 or a shotgun, that's not normal....just like it's not normal for kids to go to restaurants with long guns.

poster boys for an oregon anti-gun group...from the anti gun website, ceasefireoregon....
(oh, and yup, another business that they have turned against firearm owners.......)

chipotle.jpg

Last edited:

chowda

this actually looks like the only attention it got was from the cameraman, probably his friend. would seem normal to most people and most people need to see more of these type, low key, things rather than the act up/code pink in your face stuff that gets turned into posters.....
(definitely needs a different holster tho....)

Open_Carry_of_a_9mm_Browning_Hi_Power_in_Eagle%2C_Colorado.jpg

Last edited:

chowda

know thy enemy

Sonic, Chipotle, and Chili's joined Starbucks, Wendy's, Jack in the Box, and Applebee's in banning firearms from their premises after protests by Open Carry Texas.

"Let’s not mince words," the post on the NRA's site said, "not only is it rare, it’s downright weird and certainly not a practical way to go normally about your business while being prepared to defend yourself. To those who are not acquainted with the dubious practice of using public displays of firearms as a means to draw attention to oneself or one’s cause, it can be downright scary. It makes folks who might normally be perfectly open-minded about firearms feel uncomfortable and question the motives of pro-gun advocates.

"Using guns merely to draw attention to yourself in public not only defies common sense, it shows a lack of consideration and manners," the NRA wrote. "That’s not the Texas way. And that’s certainly not the NRA way."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/03/nra-says-open-carry-texas-group-too-extreme/

vs.

woman-open-carrying-at-target.jpg

Firearms Iinstuctor

Nice belt that allows the holster to move all over allowing for infinite positioning. Loose around the waist allowing for the most comfort and the holster can move with belt when drawing.

Nice to see ladies open carrying.

chowda

thanks guys.

Nice to see ladies open carrying.

i agree and promote females and firearms every chance i can. i sell every father on the wonders of an ar-15 and how it's great for their daughters/wives for hunting. we let a young girl shoot a 6.8 AR at the range when when she and her father were getting her ready for deer hunting....w/a 20 gauge shotgun.....
my wife let her shoot her ar and first shot, she raised her head up and had a HUGE grin on her face, all teeth and ear to ear.
i told her dad, "ya know, ya just gotta buy her an AR now, look how much she likes it".

females are by FAR the biggest asset to the firearms community. that woman shopping destroys every single argument the anti-gun people can make.

Helorob

Wait a minute, hold the phone....

that woman shopping destroys every single argument the anti-gun people can make.

I was going to take issue with this. Then I thought about,...... but then there is,.......what about the,...... Hold on here, you know she must be,.....I,... but,....:cuss:(sarcasm off).

Chowda actually makes a very profound statement here. It took me less than a minute to realize it. The woman in the picture is normal in every respect. A mom, a sister, a daughter, an aunt, a friend or neighbor, a concerned parent, a responsible member of society.
Time for me to have another conversation with my wife and daughters. They are all for firearms rights and carry, just want them to understand the ramifications of presenting a good image. Armed or not, they should always have a good image.
(as should I).

Thanks Chowda;)
Rob

chowda

i've always liked non-fixed gear for civvie use, so i agree, that belt/holster is really nice. it's one thing to have fixed gear if you're standing around or going for a walk, but if you're not military or a cop with a duty belt, you're going to be moving around a lot, getting in and out of things, carrying stuff, wearing different clothing different times, etc. so a setup like she has provides her with a lot of flexibility.

i like the nylon holsters that have loops on both sides because with the same holster, i can carry it strong side, middle of back or crossdraw, depending upon what i'm doing. and with the softer holster, it won't jab into you if you move against it doing something.

for my civvie use, never saw a reason for a sling on a long gun unless competing in something or going on a hike/carrying something. getting in/out of places, things, moving through things, the sling can get hung up on a lot of stuff and i've found it's more of a pita than anything else.

chowda

You're welcome Rob. and good for you for getting the females you know involved with firearms, or at least exposing them to it. the more the better.

they key voter in every election is going to be women. that's why the arsewipe democrats kept making stuff up about "war on women" and "abortions" and "womens rights" and.... they did that in the national election and state elections and used it against gov walker. there's a reason why that madison trek trust funder woman is going to run against gov walker.

getting as many of this demographic to view firearms as something normal, not big deal, will go a long way in maintaining the good things we have going here in wi.

i saw something on this the other day, so i bookmarked it:

http://www.agirlandagunclub.com/find-a-chapter/

I couldn't agree more:

Israelis_with_rifles.jpg

now i could talk to them....but don't speak hebrew.... :D

chowda

[from nightmare's link/article]
"Gun extremists have been using Target stores to promote their agenda of intimidation.

"American moms will not shop where our children and families — including our teens who work at Target — are not safe," the group said.

anyone want to guess which picture they're going to use when they brand us as "gun extremists..agenda of intimidation"?
some of 'our own' are the best friends of every anti-firearm and leftist/liberal/democrat out there. i just don't get it.

chipotle.jpg

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Pistol as fashion accessory?

Apparently worn as a fashion accessory instead of a defensive weapon. That paddle holster is not only being used improperly, but it is the wrong holster for a woman with curves. She should get some REAL instruction on how to carry a gun before she hurts herself. I can only imagine what her shooting technique is like....
:uhoh:

MikeLovell

Yes, the NRA teaches that only paid instruction is REAL® instruction. I can only imagine what the rest of your sales technique is like.

Better to have a gun and not need it than not carry it properly and need it.

Well quite. Can she get the gun out of it timely. If so, it's fine!

chowda

Can she get the gun out of it timely. If so, it's fine!

i'd be more afraid of the rapist or mugger that sees a clearly displayed weapon like that and her eye contact....and still thinks he can do something......
looks like the slobs/kids are getting a lot of what they desire--attention.

10411325_670546042999966_803272062819919402_n.jpg

wimwag

Come as you are and carry what you please.

In Wisconsin camo is considered dressing up