Thread: DoD Directive outlines Obama’s policy to use the military against citizens.Bill Gertz

DoD Directive outlines Obama’s policy to use the military against citizens.Bill Gertz

"“This appears to be the latest step in the administration’s decision to use force within the United States against its citizens,” said a defense official opposed to the directive. Directive No. 3025.18, “Defense Support of Civil Authorities,” was issued Dec. 29, 2010, and states that U.S. commanders “are provided emergency authority under this directive.”
    [ ... ]
    http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/c...df/302518p.pdf 215 KB 17 pages
    [ ... ]
    A U.S. official said the Obama administration considered but rejected deploying military force under the directive during the recent standoff with Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and his armed supporters. Defense analysts say there has been a buildup of military units within non-security-related federal agencies, notably the creation of Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) teams. The buildup has raised questions about whether the Obama administration is undermining civil liberties under the guise of counterterrorism and counternarcotics efforts. Other agencies with SWAT teams reportedly include the Department of Agriculture, the Railroad Retirement Board, the Tennessee Valley Authority, the Office of Personnel Management, the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Education Department.

The militarization of federal agencies, under little-known statues that permit deputization of security officials, comes as the White House has launched verbal attacks on private citizens’ ownership of firearms despite the fact that most gun owners are law-abiding citizens.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...licy-t/?page=1

I believe the Posse Comitatus Act (codified 18 USC 1385) dead dead dead.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-28-2014 at 05:01 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    And who thinks that the military defends our freedoms? Uninformed folks.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    And who thinks that the military defends our freedoms? Uninformed folks.
    At least not with that Jackhole in office.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    No doubt quite a few brainwashed jingoist who think that fighting for the government means fighting for liberty will comply.

Fortunately for me most the military personnel I know, would rather shoot people who would give orders to harm or fight against Americans than Americans.

I think there is a reason the Feds don't want to quit the 900 + bases around the world. They don't want 2million + citizen soldiers home who know how to fight and use the equipment.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    [ ... ] They don't want 2million + citizen soldiers home who know how to fight and use the equipment.
    US combined armed forces are less than 1.4M

https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/dwp/re...t=milActDutReg

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

Now ad to it retired veterans who will fight along side them.....

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

Got an "unsafe" warning w/my security software on that site.

Maybe they'll ask China for help....

Fortunately for me most the military personnel I know, would rather shoot people who would give orders to harm or fight against Americans than Americans.

I think there is a reason the Feds don't want to quit the 900 + bases around the world. They don't want 2million + citizen soldiers home who know how to fight and use the equipment.
    I am a retired combat veteran. The government believes that I should be added to the list of "domestic terrorists" because of that.

Now ad to it retired veterans who will fight along side them.....
    Old, cranky, and well armed.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Got an "unsafe" warning w/my security software on that site. Maybe they'll ask China for help....
    LOL Yep, the security certificate could not be verified because the issuer is untrusted - US CA-07 DoD Delicious irony.

No doubt quite a few brainwashed jingoist who think that fighting for the government means fighting for liberty will comply.

One thing that many don't think of when using that point is deliberate misinformation from the govt. If the cops and soldiers and guard are told that the people they are ordered to fight are militarized neo nazis (or some such) that have already committed X, Y and Z acts of war crimes against americans already...

So long as the govt can control the information the troops get, how would they know any different for a good long while? During that time they will follow orders under the belief that they are doing something good.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post
    One thing that many don't think of when using that point is deliberate misinformation from the govt. If the cops and soldiers and guard are told that the people they are ordered to fight are militarized neo nazis (or some such) that have already committed X, Y and Z acts of war crimes against americans already...

So long as the govt can control the information the troops get, how would they know any different for a good long while? During that time they will follow orders under the belief that they are doing something good.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    I have no faith in the current LEA's and those who work for them to uphold the constitution and defend Americans against the state both large and small.

No doubt many soldiers would, many LEA were soldiers. In my experience most the ones I know would not follow such orders.

Who wants to bet the civilian snipers at the Bundy ranch were vets?