Thread: Gun goes off in kindergarten(!) gun safety talk ZENGZHOU, HENAN, CHINA

Gun goes off in kindergarten(!) gun safety talk ZENGZHOU, HENAN, CHINA

A handgun went off during a police safety talk at a kindergarten in the central Chinese city of Zhengzhou on Thursday, injuring four adults and one child, police said. The injuries were minor, the statement said. It said two police officers involved were confined as an internal punishment by the department, and that a deputy director, a squad chief and an instructor had been suspended.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-29-05-57-12

Eleven million people in Zengzhou, like New Yawk, gotta start early keepin' 'em in line, the cops too.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    A handgun went off during a police safety talk at a kindergarten in the central Chinese city of Zhengzhou on Thursday, injuring four adults and one child, police said. The injuries were minor, the statement said. It said two police officers involved were confined as an internal punishment by the department, and that a deputy director, a squad chief and an instructor had been suspended.

Eleven million people in Zengzhou, like New Yawk, gotta start early keepin' 'em in line, the cops too.
    For some reason this does not surprise me.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    "Until recently, few Chinese police carried guns, but the government announced in April more will be issued firearms. It said they need to respond faster to violent criminals and other emergencies."
    My guess is the policeman handled said gun and/or wasn't well versed in the Four Rules of firearm safety. If the policemen have only recently begun to handle an issued sidearm, I'd imagine there's plenty of room for ignorant/dangerous actions from them?

That, or the firearm was just so badly made that it truly just "went off by itself", much like cars "just taking deciding to run people over" or objects "throwing themselves at people".
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Banned
    The "law" enforcers screw up BIG TIME in CHina and they are NOT immune.................

China policeman sentenced to die for killing pregnant woman
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26230765

Banned
    Would ANYONE????? ANYONE?????????

Believe, JUSTICE is more prevalent in Red China than the USA????????????????????

Well, it is.............................................

WAKE UP AMERIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    Looks like that one guy from LA moved to china ....

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

"A handgun" as in one? And it injured FOUR adults and one child??? Holy gatling guns, batman! That is one magic bullet! Or did the handgun go off multiple times???

Quote Originally Posted by Bernymac View Post
    "A handgun" as in one? And it injured FOUR adults and one child??? Holy gatling guns, batman! That is one magic bullet! Or did the handgun go off multiple times???
    I'm betting the bullet struck something, shattered and these were shrapnel wounds to people close to the impact.
    Last edited by HeroHog; 05-30-2014 at 10:48 AM.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Y'all are making it clear who reads the cited linked article and who does not read beyond.

China does not play around with that stuff. People's heads will roll, literally. Anyone remember the baby formula scare a few years back? If i remember right, they executed the guy over the company/government inspector or something.

Baby formula like scares continue monthly in the medical literature. Dog food again currently.

The scare is better known as the 2008 Chinese milk scandal resulting from addition of melamine to raise the apparent protein content. Two were executed, a third's death sentence was stayed, and three were sentenced to life imprisonment.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-30-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Why is a gun safety course for children necessary in a country where guns are illegal? lol
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.