• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beyer beware - gun owners are going to make Democrat primary a free-for-all!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Any voter in the 8th District (vic Arlington, Alexandria, Kingstown, and Falls Church) - who did not vote in the so-called Republican "firehouse" primary -can vote in the Democrat primary!

SNIP from VCDL Alert sent 29 MAY 2014:

4. IMPORTANT: Anyone who didn’t vote in the 8th Congressional District
Republican Firehouse Primary CAN vote in the 8th District Democrat Primary

Regardless of your party affiliation (Republican, Democrat, Independent, etc.),
if you are an 8th Congressional District voter and you didn’t vote the 8th
Congressional District REPUBLICAN Firehouse Primary, then you CAN indeed vote in
the 8th Congressional District DEMOCRAT Primary instead. To vote in the
Democrat Primary, you simply go to your normal polling place and vote!

Turnout is expected to be very low in this primary that will determine the
Democrat candidate in the general election later in the year!

The Candidates for the Democrat Primary are:

Patrick Hope, State Delegate
Lavern Chatman, former Virginia Urban League chief
Don Beyer, former Lt. Governor
Adam Ebbin, State Senator
William Euille, Mayor of Alexandria
Derek Hyra, Virginia Tech Professor
Mark Levine, Radio talk-show host

Satish Korpe, Bruce Shuttleworth and Charnielle Herring each dropped out of the
race recently, but their names will remain alive because their departures came
after ballots were printed, computers were programmed and absentee balloting
began.” (From insidenova.com: http://tinyurl.com/ojzwvf7 )

Here is an analysis of the Primary and the candidates:

From bluevirginia.us: http://tinyurl.com/kf7bhcx

The Primary election is being held on June 10th. Let’s go, 8th District!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Didn't I read there was no Republican primary?

I will say this -- from what I've seen, the only one of the candidates who does not make gun control a platform issue is Adam Ebbin. He's my state senator, and I've found him unwilling to even talk about guns. I'm reluctant to support him for Congress, but gun control is my absolute "no" issue, so I'll probably at least cast my vote against the gun grabbers.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
examiner.com - Va. gun owners plan cross-party raid into democrat primary on May 10th

http://www.examiner.com/article/va-gun-owners-plan-cross-party-raid-into-democrat-primary-on-10-may

SNIP

Congressional Representative Jim Moran’s (D) retirement from his seat in Virginia’s gerrymandered 8th Congressional District (Arlington County, Alexandria City, Falls Church City, and Fairfax County (part)) has resulted in that district’s first serious Democrat primary race in decades. If some gun owners have their way, Republicans, Libertarians, and Independent voters will decide this election . . .

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Didn't I read there was no Republican primary?

I will say this -- from what I've seen, the only one of the candidates who does not make gun control a platform issue is Adam Ebbin. He's my state senator, and I've found him unwilling to even talk about guns. I'm reluctant to support him for Congress, but gun control is my absolute "no" issue, so I'll probably at least cast my vote against the gun grabbers.

Good, but the most effective vote against the gun grabbers is for Hope - defeating Beyer is the most effective pro-gun victory we can muster, in more ways than one!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Beyer responds to VCDL protest

Beyer says he will not back down after VCDL protest

http://friendsofdonbeyer.com/news/last-weekend/

SNIP

Last night a “gun ownership rights” group gathered in front of my family’s auto dealership. They stood on the edge of Route 1 holding signs reading “Beyer Beware,” urging customers to boycott the business.

I respect their right to protest, but I am simply not going to back down.