• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry-Friendly Sightseeing in Chattanooga

Silvertongue

I live in a small town near Chattanooga, but I have almost zero interest in going to large cities when my needs for food and work are satisfied in my small town.

However, I have a friend flying in and would like to take her sightseeing. I'm fairly certain the aquarium and zoo are posted, but what else should I avoid? What are my options? Friend or Foe mostly just shows restaurants.

HPmatt

It was about sunset last year when I was there but the Lookout Mountain and Point Park were impressive being from flat-as-a-pancake Dallas. As a Federal Park it s/b OC except in the Ranger office, but the views were fantastic, plus the memorials were interesting too.

8404'Doc'

Open-carry inTN

I live inRichmond, Va and am planning a trip to East Ridge, TN(where I grew up). I do not have a Va CHP. Can I legally open-carry in TN? Thanks for any and all responses. Best regards//'8404'Doc//

Ken56

TN is carry by permit only. You need a permit from any other state as TN recognizes all other states permits, otherwise it must be locked up and unloaded per fed.transport laws.

Oh Shoot

TN is carry by permit only. You need a permit from any other state as TN recognizes all other states permits, otherwise it must be locked up and unloaded per fed.transport laws.

Yep. However, beginning July 1st, anyone not prohibited from owning them may keep loaded firearms in private vehicle.

- OS