Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Open carry picnic this weekend.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    , Ohio, USA
    Posts
    291

    Open carry picnic this weekend.

    Beware of snakes at the picnic this weekend. I'm told a representative of OF** will be attending the picnic this weekend.

    If I remember correctly this is the same O**C that once supported the open carry of long guns at the Cinci OC walk on campus, and every place else, (pictures available upon request) then supported the OSU open carry walk until (wannabe) 17 th district (wannabe) representative Mike Bloom bern put the kabosh on this support.

    Long guns at (impromptu) open carry events are bad. Keep in mind this snake has a handle bar mustache and will be recording every thing with in range of his digital voice recorder.

    Be careful what you say with this snake. His opinion changes with what ever someone else tells him. Snakes are best left alone.

    Their anti open carry of long guns may be planks on a platform of the next 17 th district (wannabe's) platform to adjustments of the Ohio Constitution. With his attitude against long guns, I don't want him deciding for me what civil liberties I should keep and which should go.

    I should keep them all.

    Information is power, and I believe these remarks to be factual and true. In so far as these remarks would be deleted on OF**'s forum, I hope they are heeded and proper precautions be taken.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Chuck!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , Ohio, USA
    Posts
    143
    Good Morning Jeff!

    How are you this fine day?

    I think the whole world knows this is about me, so I have a couple requests
    First, for the mods, please let this thread stand, and perhaps we can get to the bottom of this
    My old friend Jeff and I used to do plenty of activism together until a couple years ago, when he seemed to have lost his mind
    Now-a-days, he is not only seriously disillusioned, but he is also starting to act on his disillusions
    I'd really like to know what it's all about BEFORE he makes his "Day of Retribution" video

    Secondly, Jeff, I invite you to copy, paste, post or link ANY anti-open carry speech, post, or comment I have EVER made, ANYWHERE, no matter what length the gun is
    Will you do that?
    CAN you do that?

    You say "information is power".
    Show the world the information you are claiming to have

    Your turn, batter up!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nothern KY
    Posts
    201
    This is popcorn worthy. By the way, that is a beautiful Morel mushroom you have there!!

  4. #4
    Regular Member Chuck!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , Ohio, USA
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by willy1094 View Post
    This is popcorn worthy. By the way, that is a beautiful Morel mushroom you have there!!
    Not hardly popcorn worthy, in fact, I'll be very surprised if he responds to me at all

    Thanks for the comment about the shroom
    Ain't it a beauty?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    209
    Hi Chuck,

    I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to post a little comment of my own.

    For those who don't know this, Jeff and I used to be friends as well (although not to the degree of him and Chuck). He was in the co-admin of OhioOC.org.
    One day, he started demanding that Chuck be banned from all OhioOC pages. He started telling me all of these stories and ways that Chuck has betrayed him, etc.
    At the time, Chuck and I were not on too good of turns - we got into several arguments and I didn't quite care for him. However, in fairness, I requested some evidence from Jeff to support his claims.

    What I found was that Jeff would immediately become defensive and explain how he doesn't need to show anything, while Chuck would actually provide evidence (chat logs, screenshots, etc) which dispelled Jeffs claims
    Jeff decided that so long as Chuck was around, he would not be, and has since not talked to me. Since this time, I've met Chuck and realized how nice of a guy is. At Guns Across America, Chuck was more than happy to meet and walk with me. Jeff turned his head when he walked passed me.

    All because I refused to unfairly and without justification ban a member that even I, at the time, did not care for.

    I just wanted to throw in my little story, I actually logged in via computer to type this, to give Chuck a little credibility - not that he needs it! He has more than enough.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5
    I doubt there will be any snakes at the picnic today - it looks like Mt. Vernon keeps that park well mowed!


    In terms of the original post, I have to step in with my 2 cents as it also relates to me and that other referenced organization.

    1) Chuck is a stand-up guy, and has been one of the most upfront and honest people I think I have ever dealt with. There is never a question as to whether Chuck has a hidden agenda - Chuck is too open to hide what he thinks. I have never seen him not speak his mind opposed to hiding and plotting as is being suggested.

    You might not agree with Chuck - but you will always know where he stands.

    2) That other organization did not openly support the OSU walk as was stated. The UC walk was supported, and then was participated in by at least one representative from the organization (I personally could not make that walk due to other obligations). Was it discussed that these walks could have benefit on the OF** forums? Sure, it was discussed with thoughts of working through the smaller universities for strategy building.

    The problem with OSU goes deeper than any one person, as is suggested by Jeff. There is an active organization on the OSU campus that has an agenda to support carry rights of students. They have worked hard toward their goal, with many facets in play. It was feared that pending litigation against OSU would be harmed by this impromptu (I call it that because it was planned in just a few days) walk.


    3) You know what the problems with long guns are? Nothing. It's the egos that carry the long guns at times that cause the problems. We had a walk at the Ohio Statehouse (organized by that gun-control lovin' Chuck of all people! ) on April 19 for Patriots Day (same day that the OSU walk coincidentally fell upon after Chuck announced his event early in the year). During that Patriots Day outing, there were long guns present with absolutely no objections by anyone. As a matter of fact, I seem to recall Chuck carrying a Mosin with a Gadsden flag tied to the bayonet...


    4) The real problem here, in my humble opinion, are the people that have gotten caught up in the policies of certain movements. We are not at war, we are not at imminent threat of domestic war - no one is going to come and take your guns away tomorrow. What we do have is a constant battle to keep the rights we have, and expand those rights. That battle does not take place at Chipotle or Sonic, but rather at the Statehouse, with lawmakers, and at the polls.

    Just as you have your rights to your long guns, other have their rights not be around those long guns. Funny how we can cry "Foul!" when our gun rights are stepped on, but we have a problem accepting when other cry "Foul!" when we step on their right to disagree with our stance.

    I have no problem with long guns - I own quite a few of my own. But long guns are for particular statements, not for eating a burrito. Long guns at the UC walk - fine, there was a particular public statement to be made by a group. Timmy taking his AR-15 into Chipotle to take a picture - that is out of bounds in my book. You have no statement to make, and you have gone into a private entity just because you can.

    Wake up and see the backlash. Those kind of actions are doing more harm than good. We now have a struggle with some private entities that were neutral (as private entities should be - they have a business to run, not to cater to a particular group). As if the battle at the Statehouse to keep and expand our rights was not enough to keep going at times....


    Information is power indeed. Having worked side by side with Chuck for some time on promoting gun rights and events, I thank you for reminding me to take proper precautions at the park today. Now, where did I leave that sunscreen?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker74 View Post
    I have no problem with long guns - I own quite a few of my own. But long guns are for particular statements, not for eating a burrito. Long guns at the UC walk - fine, there was a particular public statement to be made by a group. Timmy taking his AR-15 into Chipotle to take a picture - that is out of bounds in my book. You have no statement to make, and you have gone into a private entity just because you can.
    This point cannot be stressed enough. The difference between governmental entities and private enterprise is like night and day. Government in a democratic republic is, by its very nature, adversarial. We can confront governmental entities with lawful acts of open carry, including long guns, and in most instances, that is fair game. Private enterprise is not the same. Each of us as individuals enters into a contract when doing business with a private enterprise, and that contractual relationship creates mutual expectations. They expect certain things from us, and we expect certain things in return. The more often that contract is executed pleasantly and to the mutual benefit of both parties, the more trust grows. I have eaten in many restaurants while openly carrying a handgun, including several of the ones which have now been coerced by Moms Demand Action. I never had a problem. I just hope that a few morons have not screwed it up for the rest of us.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Chuck!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , Ohio, USA
    Posts
    143

    And despite his best efforts

    A great time was had by all.

    It occurs to me that this OP had a second purpose beyond trying to slime me.
    He was also trying to reduce attendance at the picnic

    My count was 115 people, including about twenty kids
    LOTS of great food, Lots of great prizes
    Four guns were given away
    I won some .22 ammo

    Next year it will be even bigger,,,,

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate BB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker74 View Post
    ...Timmy taking his AR-15 into Chipotle to take a picture - that is out of bounds in my book...
    Do you have some evidence that that has happened? Please post it if you do.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Chuck!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , Ohio, USA
    Posts
    143

    Snake!!


  11. #11
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker74 View Post
    2) That other organization did not openly support the OSU walk as was stated. The UC walk was supported, and then was participated in by at least one representative from the organization (I personally could not make that walk due to other obligations). Was it discussed that these walks could have benefit on the OF** forums? Sure, it was discussed with thoughts of working through the smaller universities for strategy building.

    The problem with OSU goes deeper than any one person, as is suggested by Jeff. There is an active organization on the OSU campus that has an agenda to support carry rights of students. They have worked hard toward their goal, with many facets in play. It was feared that pending litigation against OSU would be harmed by this impromptu (I call it that because it was planned in just a few days) walk.
    What pending litigation? And by whom?
    Maybe possible litigation. Look, open carry on state run collages/universities is legal. But, students fall into a special category; student code of conduct.
    Conceal carry on campus is a legislative issue. Since state controlled collages/universities, generally speaking, cannot interfere with First Amendment rights, they know (the collages/universities itself) to interfere with open carry would or could be a First Amendment violation.

    This whole litigation against state run collages/universities is a complex issue. And if not done correctly will do more harm than good. Advertising or suggesting that pending litigation is in the works (ready to filed in a court) is viewed as a hollow threat and is also not helpful to the cause.

    Students over 21 years of age who want CC on campus is one issue. CC in the buildings is another issue. Both requiring a legislative resolution.

  12. #12
    Accomplished Advocate BB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker74 View Post
    ...It was feared that pending litigation against OSU would be harmed by this impromptu (I call it that because it was planned in just a few days) walk...
    Riiiiight.

    To follow up on CoL's comments, "pending litigation", my @$$.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Batavia
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Riiiiight.

    To follow up on CoL's comments, "pending litigation", my @$$.
    And again, maybe he was waiting till graduation and he had his diploma in hand. Until then, it's pretty darn hard to sue a university you are attending. Nothing like giving them $50,000 for a graduate degree and then they deny you your diploma because you aren't in good standing with them for a lawsuit and you have to sue for your diploma as well. I think one should see action soon since he graduated in May and is probably just waiting for all the paperwork to catch up.
    Last edited by JediSkipdogg; 06-02-2014 at 10:46 AM.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio, ,
    Posts
    155

    My .02

    I do not know enough about the campus walk & some behind the scenes thing enough to comment, but I do know this from my experiences a few years ago: I used to be a an activist & had a paid membership in an Ohio based gun rights group etc. & on a few occasions myself and others where told what not to do by those supposedly "in the know" because of things going on "behind the scenes".

    Well, I always figured if I had the balls to be an out front person for the 2A, promoting OC meets & at that time I feel risking my personal safety with my local PD (as can be seen on video), then I had a right to know what "plans" where in the works. Especially when I was a card carrying paid member and walked the talk.

    So I'm glad these guys had their walk & glad it all went well.

    Oh, BTW, I did eventually find out what some "behind the scenes" work that took place on my behalf years ago, after being harassed by my local gestapo, an e-mail telling the what a good job they did & my actions where not sanctioned by the elite LMAO. Off to get stuff done now...
    Last edited by rottman43055; 06-02-2014 at 11:37 AM. Reason: More info

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Batavia
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by rottman43055 View Post
    I do not know enough about the campus walk & some behind the scenes thing enough to comment, but I do know this from my experiences a few years ago: I used to be a an activist & had a paid membership in an Ohio based gun rights group etc. & on a few occasions myself and others where told what not to do by those supposedly "in the know" because of things going on "behind the scenes".

    Well, I always figured if I had the balls to be an out front person for the 2A, promoting OC meets & at that time I feel risking my personal safety with my local PD (as can be seen on video), then I had a right to know what "plans" where in the works. Especially when I was a card carrying paid member and walked the talk.

    So I'm glad these guys had their walk & glad it all went well.

    Oh, BTW, I did eventually find out what some "behind the scenes" work that took place on my behalf years ago, after being harassed by my local gestapo, an e-mail telling the what a good job they did & my actions where not sanctioned by the elite LMAO. Off to get stuff done now...

    Well, a while back the legality of a law was being hinged on the verdict of a criminal judge and his ruling on a case. If either side would have appealed, it could have made the plaintiff of the civil case lose due to time limits or wait longer for the verdict that affected all citizens in Ohio. All because someone pushed the envelope of a law. Luckily the outcome that was desired came, but it was delayed some.
    Last edited by JediSkipdogg; 06-02-2014 at 12:48 PM.

  16. #16
    Accomplished Advocate BB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,887
    Quote Originally Posted by JediSkipdogg View Post
    And again, maybe he was waiting till graduation and he had his diploma in hand. Until then, it's pretty darn hard to sue a university you are attending. Nothing like giving them $50,000 for a graduate degree and then they deny you your diploma because you aren't in good standing with them for a lawsuit and you have to sue for your diploma as well. I think one should see action soon since he graduated in May and is probably just waiting for all the paperwork to catch up.
    Sure, sure. That must be why.

    And, I was told by the person in question that it's an undergraduate degree.

    Edited to add: Fearless prediction - the "pending" lawsuit will never happen, or if by chance it does (just to prove it was actually real all along), the person in question will "pursue the matter in the legislature".
    Last edited by BB62; 06-02-2014 at 01:29 PM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Batavia
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Sure, sure. That must be why.

    And, I was told by the person in question that it's an undergraduate degree.

    Edited to add: Fearless prediction - the "pending" lawsuit will never happen, or if by chance it does (just to prove it was actually real all along), the person in question will "pursue the matter in the legislature".

    Does it matter what the degree is? Common sense says you don't sue the company that holds the power over your degree unless you have money to start again somewhere else.

    SInce you are so sure it won't happen.... I'll bet you $500 that it does.
    Last edited by JediSkipdogg; 06-02-2014 at 03:44 PM.

  18. #18
    Accomplished Advocate BB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,887
    Quote Originally Posted by JediSkipdogg View Post
    Does it matter what the degree is?...
    Yes, I know, to some people accuracy (or truthfulness) doesn't count for much.


    Quote Originally Posted by JediSkipdogg View Post
    ...Common sense says you don't sue the company that holds the power over your degree unless you have money to start again somewhere else...
    So now The Ohio State University is a company?? Hmmm.

    And "common sense", even to those who ought to know better about the claims they make, says that an institution on whose grounds I led an open firearm carry education walk, recognized as in accordance with Ohio law, would have sense enough not to get themselves into REAL hot water by doing something so extra-legal as withholding a degree. But now that the undergraduate has graduated, no doubt we'll soon see the results of YEARS of promises and "research".


    Quote Originally Posted by JediSkipdogg View Post
    ...SInce you are so sure it won't happen.... I'll bet you $500 that it does.
    I only do bets with those I trust and respect. So for you - no dice.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Chuck!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , Ohio, USA
    Posts
    143

    Now THAT'S a man who is afraid to put his money where his mouth is

    Lol

  20. #20
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Have sincerely tried to show patience with this thread, and honor the OP's request to let it stand.

    My problem - we do not attack other gun rights groups except for their opposition to OC - same applies to members of those groups in their representation of that position.

    There would seem to be some serious personality issues at play here that contribute nothing positive to the forum. These are best relegated to other means of communication than these pages.

    Don't think there is any good reason to allow this thread to continue at this point. Locking it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •