Thread: The history of magazines holding 11 or more rounds: Amicus brief in 9CA Dave Kopel

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

The history of magazines holding 11 or more rounds: Amicus brief in 9CA Dave Kopel

"Currently before the Ninth Circuit is an appeal in the case of Fyock v. Sunnyvale, a case which challenges a Californiaís cityís ban on magazines which hold more than 10 rounds. While the State of California outlaws the sale, import, or transfer of such magazines, the Sunnyvale ban goes further, by prohibiting possession of these magazines, with no provision for grandfathering. The District Court upheld the ban; part of the Courtís analysis stated that magazines did not exist at the time the Second Amendment was ratified. Last Friday, amicus briefs in support of appellant were filed, including a brief which I co-authored on the history of magazines and of magazine prohibition.

The brief - 138 KB 39 pages
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

northern wis
    The facts do not matter to anti's they are more then willing to lie and ignore facts and history.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Greater Eastside Washington
    They did not have computers, cars, trains, or airplanes then either. So those judges should be forced to either walk to work, ride a horse, or use and animal drawn cart. They should also be limited to oil lamps/candles, lye soap, manual water pumps, quill pens, hand made paper, etc.

They should also do without electricity.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

earth's crust
    Why petition the gov't to address these unlawful laws .. the gov't made them !

Of course they are going to say that they are OK.

I do not look for vindication of my rights from the gov't. All they can do is trample on them ... or try to at their own risk.