Thread: Marion Illinois Bank Lets Tellers Carry Guns

Marion Illinois Bank Lets Tellers Carry Guns

A local TV station had a story on their website www.wsiltv.com about the South Pointe Bank in Marion, titled Marion Bank Lets Tellers Carry Guns. They've just put up a sign that says"Notice This Property Protected by Smith and Wesson". The bank president they've never been robbed and he wants to keep it that way. He says employees are armed. He said from their beginning some of the employees were armed but he wanted to make it more public now.

Recently a bank in Cairo Illinois was robbed and two employees killed. The president of a bank in Eldorado said his employees are also armed.

For those wondering these banks are located in Southern Illinois about 300 miles from Chicago so the attitude about carry is a little different here. Concealed carry licenses started being issued this spring, and I don't see that many posting against carry. I haven't seen any banks in my area posted.

It isn't mentioned that any of the bank employees are open carrying, we haven't gotten to that point yet. Maybe a few years down the road.
    Last edited by junglebob; 05-30-2014 at 09:43 AM.

http://www.wsiltv.com/news/local/Mar...261174921.html

LOL Ever read Murder in Little Egypt? The hero cop is a good friend.

http://www.amazon.com/Murder-Little-.../dp/B004IYBBEI
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Thanks for posting this, I posted the info to the The High Road site

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=9493226

I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

Banned
    Is the reason because they have a lot of bank robbers in their town?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Is the reason because they have a lot of bank robbers in their town?

I live in the next county over from where Marion is and I don't recall any bank robberies in Marion in the past year, there might have been but nothing like the Cairo robbery where two were killed. Cairo is about 60 miles from Marion, BTW. My county has had a couple this year. Do any other banks have armed employees? Maybe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by junglebob View Post
    I live in the next county over from where Marion is and I don't recall any bank robberies in Marion in the past year, there might have been but nothing like the Cairo robbery where two were killed. Cairo is about 60 miles from Marion, BTW. My county has had a couple this year. Do any other banks have armed employees? Maybe.
    I said that Marion likely has a lot of bank robbers in town, not that bank robberies occur in town. Think...

I'll use this the next time my credit union has an "owners" meeting.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)