• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heroes throw grenade into baby crib

Jeff. State

Banned
The last thing I would ever do is propose a Federal Law, BUT to protect Citizens. I propose the Feds. pass a law stating any "SWAT"/SRT/etc. team that raids the wrong home or injures innocent victims inside is DISBANDED for 5 years. After the first few "mistakes" made around the country, others will ENSURE they are 100% GTG before raiding their next "suspect". My guess would be they would immediately STOP using druggies willing to say anything to save their skin as "informants".

This MUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freedom1Man

None.... They didn't accidently punch them in the face.

Stupid analogy.

Oops.... I didn't know her face would be in the way of my fist flying....

Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.00. They had Intel that no kids were present. The kids were in a place that they couldn't see. There was no intention of harming children.

Its a very s****** situation. But its still an accident.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Who? And how do you figure?

Read your own words.

They swore to a lie to get the warrant.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

None.... They didn't accidently punch them in the face.

Stupid analogy.

Oops.... I didn't know her face would be in the way of my fist flying....

Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.00.

They had Intel that no kids were present. The kids were in a place that they couldn't see. There was no intention of harming children.

Its a very s****** situation. But its still an accident.

These cops used dangerous and deadly weapons on people, with no real due process other than possibly lying on a warrant that wasn't an "accident" don't think I didn't notice the purposeful changing of the wording of my post. Intellectually dishonest, a typical cop tactic in the streets and in the court.

I quoted your use of the word "mistake" in the past. It is never just a "mistake" when a group of constitutional ignoring folks in funny costumes invades someones castle and innocent subjects get killed.

P.S. accident having a very different meaning and your new use of it doesn't make it any better either.

Last edited:

Primus

Read your own words.

They swore to a lie to get the warrant.

Someone else told them there were no kids present. That's called humint. Or human intelligence. So if a CI says there aren't any kids and if they swear in an affidavit "CI 1 has intimidate knowledge based on...... And C1 states that no children are present......" Then the cop certainly didn't lie. And I'd go further and say if the CI legit didn't ever see kids and swore there weren't any then he didn't lie either. That's a mistake. An accident made by multiple people.

Doesn't make it OK by any means. Bit it wasn't malicious.

sudden valley gunner

Someone else told them there were no kids present. That's called humint. Or human intelligence. So if a CI says there aren't any kids and if they swear in an affidavit "CI 1 has intimidate knowledge based on...... And C1 states that no children are present......" Then the cop certainly didn't lie. And I'd go further and say if the CI legit didn't ever see kids and swore there weren't any then he didn't lie either. That's a mistake. An accident made by multiple people.

Throwing volatile things into peoples homes is malicious.

Primus

Throwing volatile things into peoples homes is malicious.

I'd say its intentional. Can and is done without malice.

And there most certainly wasn't any malice towards the child they didn't even know existed.

But keep trying....your doing a great job...

countryclubjoe

Calling out the calvary and grenades for a low level street pusher is a bit excessive.

Marauding and pillaging is not an accident and hopefully justice will be served both in a civil matter and a criminal matter.

An accident is when you fall off you're ladder or rear end you're neighbors pick up truck. Marauding and pillaging in the night is no accident.

My .02

CCJ

davidmcbeth

Banned
Correct. Humans make mistakes.

I doubt that the guy who tossed it made the decision to ... that what systems are for , to be mistake proof.

And there are such systems that work.

Never should have happened.

OC for ME

Habersham County Sheriff Joey Terrell told ABC News, “It felt like somebody just hit me in the gut with a sledgehammer when I heard. I got the call at about 2:25 a.m. and I just didn’t sleep no more the rest of the night.”

“That’s pretty much how the rest of the guys on our team felt… it brings tears quite regularly these days, and I’m not ashamed to admit it,” Terrell said.

The sheriff said that the Special Response Team, SRT, did the best they could with the information they were given.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...ice-grenade-dropped-in-crib-during-drug-raid/
A call for sympathy from the good sheriff.

77zach

Let's retain our humanity and common sense and love for freedom against police apologists, as this kid is now in a coma and has about a 50% to live according to recent reports:

If this home harbored a man holding hostages, or a wanted mass murderer, then the accident could be excused, if a real effort was made in the intelligence gathering process.

But no, these paramilitary raiders were going after a seller of products the state has deemed "illegal". In other times and places, selling such products was not illegal or even necessarily immoral. The man was selling drugs to willing customers and was not in the process of harming anyone. These raiders and their crime boss, the sheriff, and the laws they are enforcing are a much greater threat to society than drug dealers. We need to end the madness/evil of prohibition in all its forms asap. The drug dealers, cartels, and police and banks do not want to end prohibition because it is immensely profitable, but it's time to take a stand, and we are. The first steps in Colorado and Washington give me hope that we can beat the police state in this regard, just as we're beating the crap out of the police state in gun laws everywhere outside the Northeast and California.

sudden valley gunner

I'd say its intentional. Can and is done without malice.

And there most certainly wasn't any malice towards the child they didn't even know existed.

But keep trying....your doing a great job...

I don't even have to "try" with you.

No one said there was specific malice toward the child now did they?

Primus

I don't even have to "try" with you.

No one said there was specific malice toward the child now did they?

If there's no malice or intention of hurting the child then its a...... Wait for it........ Accident/mistake.

Why is that difficult?

But so be it. Waste of breath.

OC for ME

We severely injured a child who might die in a raid mostly set up for our adrenaline addiction, please feel sorry for us......wah wah wah.
No charges forth coming. Did the assault by the book, do it again if need be.....except for the almost killing a toddler part.....they'll do better next time.

One of the toddler's lungs is likely never going to work again. CI, the bread and butter of LE. Why pound pavement, like in the good ole days, when a CI will do all of your intel collecting for you.

Freedom1Man

So, it's only human to break into someone's home, toss explosives in, almost kill a child, oh and cause all sorts of mental health damage to those inside? Where did you learn humanity from? What were the police looking for? Oh that's right something that the state has made illegal through a mala prohibita law. So it's okay for someone to bust into your home and start assaulting you simply because they don't agree with what you are accused of doing?

Why did they not simply knock on the door like in the olden days? A friend of mine who was a Baltimore Police officer does not understand all of these military raids being conducted. He used to get a warrant and then,,,,,, wait for it............ knock on the front door and arrest the person.

So, since it was a group of people committing the crime, it's okay? So you believe that a mob of people committing assault is okay because it was a group of people making a mistake?

Did the cop arm and throw the grenade yes or no?
Did he/she throw it on purpose yes or no?

If the answer is yes to both of these then the injury is not an accident. Did the cop choose to join in the raid? Everyone has a choice....

Did the police bother to do their own investigation? If no, then they filled out a warrant by lying. If yes, then they filled out a warrant by lying and committed malicious damages. So, either way, there is no excuse for the actions of the police.

Do police not read the news or try to learn from their mistakes and/or the mistakes of others?

http://rt.com/usa/swat-billings-burns-fasching-312/
The parents of a 12-year-old girl are asking for answers from the Billings, Montana SWAT team after a flash-bang grenade was tossed into their daughter’s bedroom, sending the preteen to a local emergency room with second-degree burns.

Armed police officers busted down the door of the Fasching family’s West End Billings home on Tuesday to execute a search warrant filed by the City-County Special Investigations Unit as part of an ongoing narcotics investigation. Before they could do as much, though, an agent with the SWAT team on the scene prematurely detonated a stun grenade that is reported to have caused not just substantial damage to the home but its occupants as well, including a 12-year-old girl only inches away from where the device was deployed.

Primus

So, it's only human to break into someone's home, toss explosives in, almost kill a child, oh and cause all sorts of mental health damage to those inside? Where did you learn humanity from? What were the police looking for? Oh that's right something that the state has made illegal through a mala prohibita law. So it's okay for someone to bust into your home and start assaulting you simply because they don't agree with what you are accused of doing?

Why did they not simply knock on the door like in the olden days? A friend of mine who was a Baltimore Police officer does not understand all of these military raids being conducted. He used to get a warrant and then,,,,,, wait for it............ knock on the front door and arrest the person.

So, since it was a group of people committing the crime, it's okay? So you believe that a mob of people committing assault is okay because it was a group of people making a mistake?

Did the cop arm and throw the grenade yes or no?
Did he/she throw it on purpose yes or no?

If the answer is yes to both of these then the injury is not an accident. Did the cop choose to join in the raid? Everyone has a choice....

Did the police bother to do their own investigation? If no, then they filled out a warrant by lying. If yes, then they filled out a warrant by lying and committed malicious damages. So, either way, there is no excuse for the actions of the police.

Do police not read the news or try to learn from their mistakes and/or the mistakes of others?

Moving goal posts all over the place.

I addressed them not knowing the child was there based on a source of intelligence and them then acting of the raid based on that intelligence. Hence the lack of malicious intent and the mistake that was made.

Now your moving it to include the very need for a raid, method , drug laws, warrant acquisition, and anything else you can get to stick to the wall.

Last edited:

Primus

Let us fix the goalposts. Cops individually responsible and liable for malfeasance in office.

—Daugherty v. Ellis, 142 W. Va. 340, 357-8, 97 S.E.2d 33, 42-3 (W. Va. 1956)

Thank you for the cite and fixture.

I believe the would cover this. Unless someone can prove the warrant was made in error. But it appears it wasn't because even the informant came forward and corroborated that they had said no children.

Again I'm open for correction on that since I haven't seen the affidavit or any other documents.

WalkingWolf

Thank you for the cite and fixture.

I believe the would cover this. Unless someone can prove the warrant was made in error. But it appears it wasn't because even the informant came forward and corroborated that they had said no children.

Again I'm open for correction on that since I haven't seen the affidavit or any other documents.

Whenever ANYBODY uses force they had better be damned sure they get it right! It is a matter of responsibility, and if the police are not to be held responsible they are a menace to society. This was gross dereliction of duty, they were so damned sure there were illegal drugs in this home how the hellllll could they not know there was a child.

Claiming they did not know is no excuse, it is no excuse for a civilian, it is no excuse for them. It was unprofessional and criminal, as well as negligent. All officers involved should be punished in the level of the pain they caused. Since we cannot set them on fire, public caning would be the next best solution. Once that happens they will start to take notice. But our courts have to little regard for the safety of the public to make the hard choice to punish these creeps.

ETA I find it disgusting and disturbing that a police officer would defend and make excuses for this carp.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
If there's no malice or intention of hurting the child then its a...... Wait for it........ Accident/mistake...

When you sign off on such a practice where these things are LIKELY to happen, it's not an accident.