Thread: I only shop The Home Depot for my drywall business needs & carry there

I only shop The Home Depot for my drywall business needs & carry there

They are having an open carry event & posted my support for them

http://www.thepcmdgazette.com/news/l...-gun-giveaway/
    Last edited by rottman43055; 05-30-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Banned
    Why drill when you have a perfectly good .50 cal lying around?

Antis are crying ... awww .. I shall sleep soundly tonight.

Don't forget the opposition

Home Depot and Lowe's both allow open and concealed carry in their stores. They also allow non-service pets into the stores. They are doing a lot better than some other box stores.
    There are four boxes to use in effecting change. The soapbox, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. Please use them in that order.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by arizonaopa View Post
    Home Depot and Lowe's both allow open and concealed carry in their stores. They also allow non-service pets into the stores. They are doing a lot better than some other box stores.
    A plot to kill animals? Deviously clever...

Quote Originally Posted by arizonaopa View Post
    I noticed a yellow sign on each side of the entrance doors at Lowes here in meridian, Idaho that states pets are no longer allowed in the building. The exception, is of course, that service dogs are permitted. My first thought when approaching the entrance, was it would prohibit firearms, but I was relieved to find out that it had nothing to do with that. I am glad Mothers Demand Attention have not persueded HD or Lowes to fold on policy and I am sure they reached out to them even though it has not been reported as far as I know.

Well,,,

I could not tell from the link when or if this thing really happened?
    did anyone go?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

I have not verified but our son told us Home Depot no longer honors a VA ID card (plastic Gov issued with photo) for the 10% discount. You are required to complete some form they keep on record. I'd almost bet that the VA ID card is needed to complete the form and used for verification. Anyone heard or experienced this?

I'll stick with Lowe's for the time being.

...I carried my DD214 for a long time...no problem...then the cashiers told me to go get "Veteran" put on my TX driver's license...it would be accepted and no more paper shuffling...I took my DD214 to the Driver's License office and got "Veteran" put on my license...that worked for about a month...then the cashier showed me a memo they'd gotten that week from corporate requiring the DD214 and refusing the "Veteran" designation on the license...

...I went to Staples with my old, beat-up, barely legible DD214 and came out with 2 3 1/2x 2 3/4 laminated copies of my DD214 that fit my wallet and were sharper and easier to read and they accept them w/o comment...cost me almost $9 at Staples but well worth the discount...I much prefer shopping at Home Depot to shopping at Lowes...at Lowes, on larger orders, I've had to wait 15-20 minutes for a Supv. to show up at the register and card-swipe their authorization for the discount...
    ...no matter the trouble...it's still a real nice gesture on their part...and much appreciated!!!

I have carried in different Home Depot's in my area. Never any problems.

Until Next Time

Couple of months out of date. Let's hope they hold another, nationwide.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
    I have not verified but our son told us Home Depot no longer honors a VA ID card (plastic Gov issued with photo) for the 10% discount. You are required to complete some form they keep on record. I'd almost bet that the VA ID card is needed to complete the form and used for verification. Anyone heard or experienced this?

I use both Lowes and HD and I use my retired "grey" card. Always works. Nothing in Washington about "keeping it on file".

...no matter the trouble...it's still a real nice gesture on their part...and much appreciated!!![/QUOTE]

This is Truth!
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post

Virginia offers a Veteran's ID card for a modest fee, using the DMV database information. It has the same photo as the driver's license and shows the date of issue, date of discharge and branch of service. I use it every time I go to Home Depot or Lowes and I have never been denied the 10% discount at either store.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee