• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I only shop The Home Depot for my drywall business needs & carry there

davidmcbeth

Banned
Why drill when you have a perfectly good .50 cal lying around?

Antis are crying ... awww .. I shall sleep soundly tonight.

arizonaopa

Don't forget the opposition

Home Depot and Lowe's both allow open and concealed carry in their stores. They also allow non-service pets into the stores. They are doing a lot better than some other box stores.

OC Freedom

Home Depot and Lowe's both allow open and concealed carry in their stores. They also allow non-service pets into the stores. They are doing a lot better than some other box stores.

I noticed a yellow sign on each side of the entrance doors at Lowes here in meridian, Idaho that states pets are no longer allowed in the building. The exception, is of course, that service dogs are permitted. My first thought when approaching the entrance, was it would prohibit firearms, but I was relieved to find out that it had nothing to do with that. I am glad Mothers Demand Attention have not persueded HD or Lowes to fold on policy and I am sure they reached out to them even though it has not been reported as far as I know.

wittmeba

I have not verified but our son told us Home Depot no longer honors a VA ID card (plastic Gov issued with photo) for the 10% discount. You are required to complete some form they keep on record. I'd almost bet that the VA ID card is needed to complete the form and used for verification. Anyone heard or experienced this?

I'll stick with Lowe's for the time being.

sheepdog

...I carried my DD214 for a long time...no problem...then the cashiers told me to go get "Veteran" put on my TX driver's license...it would be accepted and no more paper shuffling...I took my DD214 to the Driver's License office and got "Veteran" put on my license...that worked for about a month...then the cashier showed me a memo they'd gotten that week from corporate requiring the DD214 and refusing the "Veteran" designation on the license...

...I went to Staples with my old, beat-up, barely legible DD214 and came out with 2 3 1/2x 2 3/4 laminated copies of my DD214 that fit my wallet and were sharper and easier to read and they accept them w/o comment...cost me almost $9 at Staples but well worth the discount...I much prefer shopping at Home Depot to shopping at Lowes...at Lowes, on larger orders, I've had to wait 15-20 minutes for a Supv. to show up at the register and card-swipe their authorization for the discount...
...no matter the trouble...it's still a real nice gesture on their part...and much appreciated!!!

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I have not verified but our son told us Home Depot no longer honors a VA ID card (plastic Gov issued with photo) for the 10% discount. You are required to complete some form they keep on record. I'd almost bet that the VA ID card is needed to complete the form and used for verification. Anyone heard or experienced this?

I use both Lowes and HD and I use my retired "grey" card. Always works. Nothing in Washington about "keeping it on file".

...no matter the trouble...it's still a real nice gesture on their part...and much appreciated!!![/QUOTE]

This is Truth!

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

Virginia offers a Veteran's ID card for a modest fee, using the DMV database information. It has the same photo as the driver's license and shows the date of issue, date of discharge and branch of service. I use it every time I go to Home Depot or Lowes and I have never been denied the 10% discount at either store.