• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

(Partial) Justice Served. LEO indicted w/ manslaughter x2

WalkingWolf

"Police don't know why Russell didn't stop."

I do, the driver did not want to beaten or killed. Many people fear a beat down when chased by police, their fears are warranted.

Firearms Iinstuctor

"Police don't know why Russell didn't stop."

I do, the driver did not want to beaten or killed. Many people fear a beat down when chased by police, their fears are warranted.

No most police stops do not result in the drivers or occupants being beaten .

So what your saying in your career as a LEO it must have been normally.

There are millions of stops that at most the driver receives a citation or warning and goes on his or her way.

The reason that these incidents make news is that they are relatively rare.

50 states hundreds of thousands of LEOs making stops and contacting people on a daily basis and were are still talking about a case that happened in November of 2012.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

So feel free to post all the incidents like this that happen then post out how many stops are actually made.

The math just does not add up to them being the greater number.

I never said that incidents like this are justifiable or a good thing.

But in the over all daily actively of the hundreds of thousands of contacts that police have with citizens the percentage of these kinds of actions is small.

We are not talking good or bad, just math.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

No most police stops do not result in the drivers or occupants being beaten .

So what your saying in your career as a LEO it must have been normally.

There are millions of stops that at most the driver receives a citation or warning and goes on his or her way.

The reason that these incidents make news is that they are relatively rare.

50 states hundreds of thousands of LEOs making stops and contacting people on a daily basis and were are still talking about a case that happened in November of 2012.

What I am saying that people in minorities have certain fears of being beaten or not treated fairly by some police. So they run, and when they are caught they are in fact beaten and in some cases killed. It is becoming more of a problem, especially since some LEO refuse to admit there is or ever was a problem. Even back years ago cases like Rodney King highlighted the beatings by police. Was he wrong? Yes! Did he deserve that beating? NO!

Did this couple deserve? NO! In no case does anybody deserve to be treated this way, unless it is necessary force. The fact is it is getting worse, it hardly is rare anymore. Evidently the difference between some officers and I, is I found it disgusting and always found it disgusting.

WalkingWolf

I would say that 100% of the people I discuss my former profession with have had or had somebody they know had a bad encounter with police.

That is damning, and the cases do come to light back it up that it is a epidemic. WE ourselves encountered one of these officers, who pulled us over for no reason. I told him I was armed and he backed off, later he was arrested for raping Hispanic women. Now in the summer I am very red, some people mistake that for Hispanic. He saw me gas up in a station and then began to follow us. Once down our road he turned on the lights, had I not been there my wife would have likely been another victim for him. This was a state trooper, who most would expect to be more professional, one incident is too much. And officers who cover or make excuses for it do not deserve to wear a badge.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Yes we can agree that when these incidents happen it is a bad thing the officers involved should and need to be punished.

But to say it happens more often then not is just not true.

If it happens 50% of the time it is average it happens 60% percent of the time it happens more often then not. if it happens 40 percent of the time it happen less often then not.

But we are more likely to see this happening 1/100 of a percent or less of the time.

The anti's they to say guns are used more often in crime then not we come back with the truth and as less then not a very small percent are use in crime.

Is one truth better then the other.

Primus

Yes we can agree that when these incidents happen it is a bad thing the officers involved should and need to be punished.

But to say it happens more often then not is just not true.

If it happens 50% of the time it is average it happens 60% percent of the time it happens more often then not. if it happens 40 percent of the time it happen less often then not.

But we are more likely to see this happening 1/100 of a percent or less of the time.

The anti's they to say guns are used more often in crime then not we come back with the truth and as less then not a very small percent are use in crime.

Is one truth better then the other.

Well said. +1

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

I don't care if it is 1 in a million, to make excuses of any kind for it, indicates that some officers are willing to cover it up, and make excuses. It is a lame excuse. And minorities suffer it more then Caucasians, they have real justification to fear police. I am amazed at the denials by LEOs, and disgusted.

And because of those cover ups and excuses the problem is clearly worse than reported. Rouge officers get away with most times, it takes multiple complaints, and often STILL there is no punishment. What is consistent is some officers trying to deny or minimize it as "Ohhh it only happens a few times, so suck it up!"

Last edited:

Saxxon

Your chance of having your rights abused in some manner by law enforcement is in all likelihood greater than your chance of having to fire your weapon in self defense.

The violations my vary, I know as a teenager we got hassled regularly by the police trying to catch us drinking, with drugs or having sex. The number of 4th amendment violations would have been staggering if any of that was ever challenged in court.

During these stops or contacts some kids would make smart remarks, and fairly often get roughed up for it. That right there is abuse. Just like no matter what someone says you can't use that as justification of lethal force (even a threat has to be accompanied by means and jeopardy, ergo not just stating intent but in some manner acting upon carrying it out) it is also not justification for assault.

One of the funniest moments of that time I had got pulled over for speeding (which I was), and during the stop the state trooper thought he had spotted a bag of weed in the glove box of my dad's car. My friend that was with me saw it too, and pointed it out when the officer asked to see "that bag". Well what he was pointing at was a couple screws that were covered in grease wrapped in cellophane from some part of the car my dad had saved to fix or something. I, knowing what the "bag" was thought he must have been referring to something else, saw my friend's leather jacket he had dropped on the floor when he got in - it looked like an old duffle bag. So I reached over and picked it up. The offcer goes "No, that one" pointing to the glove box door that had the contents partly on it after I'd fished out the registration and insurance ID. So I picked it up and gave it to him. He hastily unravels it into his hand and the look on his face was priceless as for a full 5 seconds he started at 2 screws covered in black axle grease laying on his hand.

My friend was trying not to kill himself laughing (was more like choking trying not to), the cop was getting redder by the second. He stuffed the screws back into the cellophane, dropped it on the glove box door and said "Drive slower" and retreated back to his car holding his greasy hand away from his uniform. Now had my friend started actually laughing, or I made some smart remarks we may well have wound up with some serious injuries that day. Lots of other kids did for just that reason. Fortunately we refrained and I got out of a ticket as the cop probably didn't want the story of the greasy screws being retold in court.

PistolPackingMomma

Have you ever been stopped and were you beaten.

Are you attempting to belittle the brutality and the attention it receives by citing all the non victims?

At what point, what *specific* number, does it stop becoming rare?

At what point do you stop seeing numbers and start seeing PEOPLE?

Firearms Iinstuctor

Are you attempting to belittle the brutality and the attention it receives by citing all the non victims?

At what point, what *specific* number, does it stop becoming rare?

At what point do you stop seeing numbers and start seeing PEOPLE?

You throw out it is " they are typically"

If they are typically of the normal contact then any personal knowledge of this happening to you is relative.

No attempt to belittle just the facts that hundreds of thousands of contacts with police if not millions do not result with the person being stopped being attacked and beaten.

By saying it is typically implies it happens more often then not your trying to see numbers on the other side when they are not there.

WalkingWolf

How does one know that any body they meet is not the next mass killer, multiple, rapist or other criminal out there.

Exactly, so as long as there is one maniac with a badge, and no way to identify that maniac. all cannot be trusted. If the current LEA want to be trusted they need to stop acting like asshats trying to minimize rape, murder, theft and assault from those of authority. I have as much hate for those that enable it as those that do it.