• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

(Partial) Justice Served. LEO indicted w/ manslaughter x2

WalkingWolf

If we lived in a perfect world with perfect people then perfect things would happen.

But we don't we live in a world where a certain amount people are ******-bags, and some of those wear badges, and look like any other person wearing a badge. In a perfect world these ******-bags would get the death penalty for violating the powers that have been given them.

When the rest of the police community steps up to the plate to condemn these ******-bags, and put them in jail then I might say that minorities have less to fear from said ******-bags.

As it is now there are too many in the police community that try to minimize the pain and suffering they cause by claiming it is "rare".

hhofent

Last night on the news was the first I'd heard of it as well. My emphasis was that while this man and 5 of his supervisors were charged, the chase involved over 100 officers.

Apparently shooting the unarmed guys in the car is ok, and watching a felony by a fellow officer is ok. But when you empty your magazine at point blank range, that's where they draw the line.

Sent from an unspecified mobile phone using unspecified software.

Whitney

Confused

How does one know that any body they meet is not the next mass killer, multiple, rapist or other criminal out there.

^^^^^This rationale paints law abiding citizens, by default as rapists, murderers, prostitutes.......fill in your ad hominem.

What we seem to be arguing about here is accountability. While I am inclined to agree with your ascertation these incidents are rare, accountability for them is even rarer.

Military service is full of bad apples much like law enforcement service. Law enforcement deals with the public and as such is scrutinized by the public for it's actions. Both organizations have a unique culture I would submitt are a direct reflection of the current society. The only way I see to change it is to change attitudes that means complaining about it when it is not congruent with values. I acknowledge my example is oversimplifed and philisophical in nature. At the core of the OP is a system that is clearly not congruent with society but what can we do about it?

Q. Why does it seem so hard to get the good guys to hold the bad guys accountable ?

This applies to both the Military and LEO service.

It seems the general American Public has forgotten about Staff Sgt Bales. ~Wonder why~

~Whitney

sudden valley gunner

Are you attempting to belittle the brutality and the attention it receives by citing all the non victims?

At what point, what *specific* number, does it stop becoming rare?

At what point do you stop seeing numbers and start seeing PEOPLE?

+1 The majority of Germans didn't suffer at the hands of German government. I bet most were smart enough that "resistance is futile" so because they didn't get beat up it must have meant they weren't victims.

Some apologist rationale.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Interesting, if this was a group of high school kids cruising and one friend went in and robbed a store and killed the employee/proprietor and they had no knowledge of the crime they would be sent to prison or even killed by the state as accomplices.

State agents knowingly watch one of their own gang members murder someone and they get a slap on the wrist?

sudden valley gunner

• I've never been in a concentration camp. Was the Holocaust a "hoax"?
  • I've never been on a plane that was flown into a building. Was 9/11 a "hoax"?
  • I've never gotten radiation poisoning. Were Chenobyl and Fukushima "hoaxes"?

Come'n statistically only a few people suffered from those events! (sarcasm).

hhofent

Or Ian Birk...or....or.....or.....or......or.....or.....or.....or.....or.....

I shall fill in your blanks with only Californian contestants.

The cop that pulls you over, could in all likelyhood be the next:

Aug. 95 Ramirez, Villalpando, Damieno, Williams

Oct. 96 Rafeal Perez, Vino Durden

7/6/00 jeremy morse, bijan darvish

12/23/04 ron furtado
1/1/09 johannes mehserle
5/19/09 george fiero
7/5/11 manual rames, jay cicinelli

Or even:
5/4/14 Sergio Alvares

Sent from an unspecified mobile phone using unspecified software.

sudden valley gunner

The apologist are also ignoring that the so called "isolated incidents" are not happening in a vacuum where no one else in their profession don't know they are happening. They also ignore the thousands if not hundreds of bad acts and unconstitutional acts that are performed every year that are not "reported".

Deanimator

The apologist are also ignoring that the so called "isolated incidents" are not happening in a vacuum where no one else in their profession don't know they are happening. They also ignore the thousands if not hundreds of bad acts and unconstitutional acts that are performed every year that are not "reported".
Anybody who says that a home invasion, burglary, and kidnapping ring could operate INSIDE of a police department without other cops knowing is either incredibly naive or a liar. In most cases, I'd go with the latter.

OC for ME

12 shooters were not indicted.

Indicted is not convicted. Show trial, plea deal, no big deal. Justice will not be served. Has yet to be served anywhere.

sudden valley gunner

Anybody who says that a home invasion, burglary, and kidnapping ring could operate INSIDE of a police department without other cops knowing is either incredibly naive or a liar. In most cases, I'd go with the latter.

+1

12 shooters were not indicted.

Indicted is not convicted. Show trial, plea deal, no big deal. Justice will not be served. Has yet to be served anywhere.

Good synapses.