Thread: Your favorite local small business restaurant that supports open carry post here

Your favorite local small business restaurant that supports open carry post here

Let's get the word out, give those that support us our money. This is not a boycott of franchises but a tip of the hat to those that go out of the way to support us as well as keep the money in the community and not a large corporation.

In Sanford the two I frequent are Dairy Bar, and Brass Kettle.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I heartily agree! Father's Day is a good day. Remember Mother's Day hijacking by MDA

Father's Day is approaching I and have been putting the bug in my few taverns and restaurants to encourage the gentlemen's groups that meet regularly to go openly armed particularly that day.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Don't forget to rate them on http://2afriendly.com/ as well!
    Advocate freedom please

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    We've got lots of them in my surrounding area (Manassas, Bristow, Gainesville). Virginia BBQ (Manassas), Yorkshire Restaurant (Yorkshire/Manassas), Philadelphia Tavern (Manassas), Adams Pizza (Manassas), Casa Chimayo (Manassas), Beijing Gourmet (Manassas), Foster's Grille (Manassas, Haymarket), Deli Depot (Manassas), Glory Days (Centreville, Haymarket), Ashton Family Restaurant (Manassas), El Rey Tolteca Mexican Restaurant (Manassas), Jukebox Diner (Manassas). If you include fast food places, McDonald's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Burger King, Long John Silver's, Subway, Five Guys, Arby's, Chick-fil-A....

There are quite a few more but I just can't think of them all now.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Unfortunately, OC isn't even being "worked on" here in Illinois. We barely have CC.
    It is a shame, and you guys were so close to constitutional carry.

What is even more depressing is that other states are not learning from your lesson.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Unfortunately, OC isn't even being "worked on" here in Illinois. We barely have CC.
    With what you folks have in office in your state, I assume baby steps are the best you can hope for at this point. At least you can get concealed carry permits now. I freely admit to CC'ing a bit more now, not because I am shy about OC'ing but because there are times and place when CC'ing is the better plan for me.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Not exactly a restaurant, but...

Sherman Perk coffee shop, at 49th & Roosevelt in Milwaukee, WI.
    They do have some food, and some teas, but their main thing is coffee.
    Friendly little neighborhood place, very OC-welcoming, and Bob (the owner) even puts out a bowl of water for the dogs.

All Around Pizza in Va Beach. They are the ones that ended up on CNN a couple of years ago for their 15% off OC policy. We go there after concerts at Farm Bureau Live.

Bellissimos Pizza in Williamsburg. Best NY-style pizza around! And 10% off whole pizzas for OC.

ETA: Both honor the discount if you show them your CC permit as well.
    Last edited by hafnhaf; 06-01-2014 at 09:11 AM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I live in a fairly hippyish/liberal town and the amount of small business that has been supportive or at least not publicly against would be too many to number.

Hardware stores to restaurants. The only place I was asked to leave was Walmart and that was rectified by corporate and Regal shortly after the Aurora shooting. Both stating I can come back without my pistol.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

My favorite breakfast joint is Randy's Southside Diner in Grand Junction, CO; we were new to town and had started eating there, as warm weather was approaching I asked Randy if he had any objections to me open carrying in his restaurant. He looked at me kinda funny and said "Heck no! I love it when you guys carry in here, I've got a weekday group that comes in armed, carry away". If you get there try "Randy's Southside Omelet" and ask for some "Dad's Green Sauce".

Actually the entire Western Slope (west of the continental divide) is extremely OC friendly; just yesterday the manager at Home Depot thanked me for carrying in his store "It keeps the bad guys guessing".

I just had double knee replacements and OC in the orthopaedic clinic (9 docs) and no one even gives it a second look, at the GP's office the nurse just asks me to "Put the hardware on the shelf" for the weigh-in. Heck I've even had cops thank me for carrying
    Last edited by F350; 06-02-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Centurion

Yummy Yummy Chinese Restaurant in Yuma

This is a little "hole in the wall" restaurant run by a man and wife. The husband cooks, the wife waitresses.

I love the food, and the prices are ridiculously low - $5 for a dinner. I have often openly carried there, and the wife/waitress treats me like a valued customer and old friend.

The couple sent their two children through college.

It is in the strip mall on Avenue A, on the east side just north of 24th St. The address is 2241 S. Ave A.

Fredericksburg area, Virginia

Ristorante Renato, The Log Cabin, La Petite Auberge, George's Pizza, Guru Indian Cuisine, El Charro, Pancho Villa, Vinny's Italian Grill and Pizzeria, and Carl's Ice Cream.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I live in a fairly hippyish/liberal town and the amount of small business that has been supportive or at least not publicly against would be too many to number.

Hardware stores to restaurants. The only place I was asked to leave was Walmart and that was rectified by corporate and Regal shortly after the Aurora shooting. Both stating I can come back without my pistol.
    Walmart, here in WA??
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

The other side of the state

Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    This is a little "hole in the wall" restaurant run by a man and wife. The husband cooks, the wife waitresses.

I love the food, and the prices are ridiculously low - $5 for a dinner. I have often openly carried there, and the wife/waitress treats me like a valued customer and old friend.

The couple sent their two children through college.

It is in the strip mall on Avenue A, on the east side just north of 24th St. The address is 2241 S. Ave A.
    If you journey from Yuma to Sierra Vista, stop in at the Country House Restaurant on Highway 92. Open carry is allowed there, the food is good, and the senior cook is cute. Full disclosure, I am married to the senior cook.

Centurion
    I frequently do business (eat) at a local restaurant named RIB CITY located in American Fork, Utah. We have had several local OPEN CARRY/UTAH CONCEALED CARRY dinners at this location. At the last one I presented the owner/manager with this sign.... it is the lower one of the two. She mounted it immediately in front of the entry door where it can be seen by all patrons! The pic was actually posted on the business FB page!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GunsWelcomeRibCityAFUTAH.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	11699

And the food is good too!

Here is a pic with JoeSparky NEXT TOO the sign---
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RibCityJoeSparky.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	11700
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 06-12-2014 at 03:20 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"