Thread: OC in McDonalds/Burger King

OC in McDonalds/Burger King

I have gone to the Friend/Foe site to see about OC at the fast food joints and find no info.

Has anyone had any experience OC at a McDs or Burger King in the Tacoma/Federal Way area?
    I go to one about 3X a month but due being at lunch from work can not carry. But on occasion will go eat there on my own time.

I found a statment (dated 9/20/13) by McDonalds corporate spokes person Lisa McComb :

Here's a statement from McDonald's spokeswoman Lisa McComb:

“We recognize that there is a lot of emotion and passion surrounding the issue of firearms and open carry weapons laws.

While we respect the differing views of all our customers, McDonald’s company-owned restaurants follow local, state and federal laws as it relates to open carry weapons in our restaurants.

For franchisee-owned restaurants, operational decisions regarding open carry weapon laws are made by the independent franchisee.

That said, as with all aspects of operating a McDonald’s restaurant, we expect our franchisees and their crew to follow local, state and federal laws.”

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/gun-p...#ixzz33K8r1MaZ
    Last edited by Bill45; 05-31-2014 at 03:40 PM.

OC in the Oly/Lacey area with no issue.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff. Just put your weapon on your belt each morning, and go about your business as usual. If you are not wanted at an establishment, they will ask you to leave (never happened to me, but YMMV). If that should happen, leave and never go back. Don't waste your time looking up friend or foe. Just live your life as usual. Carrying a gun is a natural, normal everyday activity. Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajetpilot View Post
    Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff. Just put your weapon on your belt each morning, and go about your business as usual. If you are not wanted at an establishment, they will ask you to leave (never happened to me, but YMMV). If that should happen, leave and never go back. Don't waste your time looking up friend or foe. Just live your life as usual. Carrying a gun is a natural, normal everyday activity. Relax.
    +1 there is a reason you, I and a lot of others are never asked to leave.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

I've OCd at just about every national fast food chain there is. No problems. Just be polite, and don't drag extra attention to your gun, and carry on like you're doing nothing wrong. The best way to not get negative attention is to look like you belong and you're doing nothing wrong, that will avoid 99% of problems anywhere
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    and don't drag extra attention to your gun
    Exactly, be a citizen who is properly dressed, not a >>>>>GUN<<<<< with a citizen attached.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!

Never had a problem at any FF place in B'ham. Even J in the B.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I've not had any problems at either of the two Mc'Ds or BK's that I go to when visiting my brother nor at the local diner type place we hit twice a week.

My dress is normal slacks and a golf type shirt. And the G30, of course.

My brother won't open carry, but that's his personal decision.

AD

Sent from the Glock Range Bag iPad using Tapatalk and a screwdriver
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor

Perfect.

AD

Sent from the Glock Range Bag iPad using Tapatalk and a screwdriver
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    +1
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Thumbs up!
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Never had any problems in the Lakewood area.
    I carry a Para Ordance 1911 .45 ACP.