• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kid activities that I can carry at? (Las Vegas)

Craftymommy

So I watch kids to make extra cash. Being summer (and getting a bigger vehicle) I want to get out of the house with them and go do some thing to keep us all from going crazy in the house. However I also want free or really low cost since I will have me and 4 kids, but would prefer to not be unarmed.

I have been to parks but I don't carry there(especially when the kids play in the water) and have been to the wetlands park but didn't carry that day as we were not expecting to do anything but go for a drive to drop off a dog (long story) and go home. I don't know what else there is to do out here that would be kid friendly, budget friendly and of course OC friendly:cool:

Really don't want to do anything on the strip either. Kid ages are 2,2.5,3 and 11. So something that would at least appeal to the little kids but allow the 11yo to be involved.

Please and thank you! Yes I did try google but it seems really limited in what I can find.

28kfps

This might sound like a somewhat wimpy suggestion however many of the fast food places have their kids play centers. I believe most would be open to open carry. Once or twice a week go to a different one purchase a kiddies drink and let them have fun in the play center. Inside, small area, cheap I am sure you will quickly find the better ones to go to and learn which ones not to go to.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Kids of all ages like to feed the ducks and geese - loaf of dry bread and off you go.

The Big Guy

Plant World, N.L.V.

They have exotic birds all around, rabbits, turtles, fish pond, cats. Kids love it.

TBG

z28power

The Lied Children's Discovery museum is absolutely awesome for kids. It's 4 floors of exhibits located adjacent to the Smith Center in Downtown Las Vegas just off CHARLESTON/I-15/I95 interchange area. Everything's hands on, and they rotate displays. If you buy a season pass (a bit expensive, but you could easily get value out of it) you can bring I think up to 7 people with you for free every time. And you can go as many times as you want for calendar year for free.

That being said. I am unsure of their stance on Open Carry. We got our pass and did most of our visits there before I started Open Carrying. I would guess it is likely you would be asked to leave or that there is a no firearms policy. Since they host many school field trips and the entire audience here is children, I wouldn't be surprised if they aligned their private policy with the same as School (GFSZ) policies. I'm going to see if I can find anything published to this end.

Last edited:

Craftymommy

We did go to the library but I chose to not carry as I was wrangling an almost 2 year old, 2.5 year old and a 3 year old :eek: I didn't see any signs and there was a guard as we walked in the door. I didn't feel like being asked to leave my firearm in the car and having to get the kids to cooperate with me. I know there have been a few discussions on libraries but I didn't want to take the chance that day. It was the Spring Valley one on Jones and Flamingo I think? Maybe when I return my books I will see how it goes but I am not going to go with all the kids when I do that.

Definitely not dealing with restaurant play places with the kids. I wouldn't mind going but the 2.5 year old doesn't cooperate very well!

I don't know what I am going to do, I hate staying in the house but I think it may just be the easiest option for now with the kids. I guess I need to get a pool. At least they can play in the water:)