Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 99

Thread: OC fails again

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255

    OC fails again

    http://gunssavelives.net/blog/both-s...r-restaurants/

    oh look, add two more to the list. OC still hurting our side of the gun debate. when will you people get the hint?

  2. #2
    Regular Member XD40sc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    425
    What the hell do these idiots think is going to happen when they carry their AR-15 into a restaurant?

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    id say the same for people OCing pistols. they encourage this kind of stupidity. it would be so bad if some of these people didn't act like jackasses.

  4. #4
    Regular Member JustaShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    728
    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post
    id say the same for people OCing pistols. they encourage this kind of stupidity.
    You see, that's where you'd be wrong. People OCing handguns have not to the best of my knowledge ever caused a national chain to issue a statement banning guns in their establishments.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

    Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

  5. #5
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597
    Sonics are franchises. Chili's are not. Former w/b up to local owner not corporate.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaShooter View Post
    You see, that's where you'd be wrong. People OCing handguns have not to the best of my knowledge ever caused a national chain to issue a statement banning guns in their establishments.
    actually theres plenty of youtube videos of OCers acting like complete idiots. if its OC of a rifle or a handgun doesnt matter now. its looked at as the same to the general public. you wanna know what the general public and business thing of OC? well you are starting to see it now with them banning carrying of guns in their stores. the OC community is forcing people to choose a side. they are obviously a business and want to make money. they arnt a battle ground for your opinion. please keep telling me how the OC movment is working, when businesses are taking time out of their day to publicly state they dont allow the carrying of guns in their stores anymore.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,162
    I particularly like public discussion forums on controversial topics, for forcing skunks out into the light of day, so that we can see the color of their stripes, black/yellow/white. Yes, issues must be forced, otherwise the majority remains silent.


    First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Socialist.

    Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

    Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Jew.

    Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  8. #8
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,886
    actually nightmare, i am absolutely amazed, shocked even, G21 hasn't been heard from before this as there are multiple threads out here on this subject, even NM has a thread about the subject...

    might wish to tread carefully G, tolerance is very thin...

    i would liken the subject to a tsunami hitting this forum...

    G21 and Steath would be worth buying popcorn and watching, how bout ChristCrusader and the challenger G21, that would be a title match as no other.

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I particularly like public discussion forums on controversial topics, for forcing skunks out into the light of day, so that we can see the color of their stripes, black/yellow/white. Yes, issues must be forced, otherwise the majority remains silent.

    I like the they came quote as well. In cali they came for your right to OC and it was taken. So what happens now? No one has done anything about it. Oh I forgot. The OC moment is working.

  10. #10
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post
    I like the they came quote as well. In cali they came for your right to OC and it was taken. So what happens now? No one has done anything about it. Oh I forgot. The OC moment is working.
    I find your arguments unconvincing. OC of holstered handguns has obviously helped gun rights. This is easily seen by subscribing to and reading regular email updates from NRA-ILA, handgunlaw.us, keepandbeararms.com, etc, etc. We've seen Ok, Ar, Al, Ms, and Ks (just to name a few) have debates about OC in their legislatures, have the representatives say it's a salubrious thing, and loosen their laws by either legalizing it or clarifying it is perfectly legal to OC. Normalization through desensitization is very effective no matter what the cause is. The anti-gun side sees this. California was/is a lost cause.

    Regardless, you're allowed to be wrong. Further, I don't even care if every private business doesn't want to serve OCers. As long as you don't want state law to restrict OC, I have no quarrel with you.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  11. #11
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627
    Those that doubt or deny that OC advocates are winning the battle and the war need only look at the following map link. I can remember when there were not but a handfull of such states.

    http://my.opencarry.org/?page_id=103
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I find your arguments unconvincing. OC of holstered handguns has obviously helped gun rights. This is easily seen by subscribing to and reading regular email updates from NRA-ILA, handgunlaw.us, keepandbeararms.com, etc, etc. We've seen Ok, Ar, Al, Ms, and Ks (just to name a few) have debates about OC in their legislatures, have the representatives say it's a salubrious thing, and loosen their laws by either legalizing it or clarifying it is perfectly legal to OC. Normalization through desensitization is very effective no matter what the cause is. The anti-gun side sees this. California was/is a lost cause.

    Regardless, you're allowed to be wrong. Further, I don't even care if every private business doesn't want to serve OCers. As long as you don't want state law to restrict OC, I have no quarrel with you.
    So what is the point to OC if every business didn't allow it? What goal did u accoplish?

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Those that doubt or deny that OC advocates are winning the battle and the war need only look at the following map link. I can remember when there were not but a handfull of such states.

    http://my.opencarry.org/?page_id=103
    Yes thankfully states are allowing carry of some kind unlike back in the 90s. The states don't have to make the laws to crush carry of guns anymore. I like I just said above. If ever business decides to not allow the carrying of firearms what did you accoplish? If I can't carry my gun to where I'm going then what did you gain?

  14. #14
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post
    Yes thankfully states are allowing carry of some kind unlike back in the 90s. The states don't have to make the laws to crush carry of guns anymore. I like I just said above. If ever business decides to not allow the carrying of firearms what did you accoplish? If I can't carry my gun to where I'm going then what did you gain?
    There is a difference between private citizens not wanting certain things on their property and asking you to leave VS the police arresting you for rightful behavior. The vast majority of businesses are still indifferent/follow state law.

    I was recently OCing in Virginia and I went to starbucks and Chipotle, two businesses that "ask" people not bring guns in. Apparently the employees and customers there don't really care about the preferences of management in this regard because everyone was very friendly and no customers freaked out. To the contrary, one young male customer was pleasantly surprised that OC existed and was completely lawful.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  15. #15
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post
    So what is the point to OC if every business didn't allow it? What goal did u accoplish?
    Just what i like an honest troll

    but to talk to your assertion that OC makes people hate guns. there is far more pro gun businesses then antis. also there have been a lot of businesses that have reversed their position.

    also think about just a few years ago how people would have got harassed by the LE, when ever they OCed.
    you just don't hear of it as much. this is because of OC and OCDO
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    Just what i like an honest troll

    but to talk to your assertion that OC makes people hate guns. there is far more pro gun businesses then antis. also there have been a lot of businesses that have reversed their position.

    also think about just a few years ago how people would have got harassed by the LE, when ever they OCed.
    you just don't hear of it as much. this is because of OC and OCDO
    ah the troll defense. its proof that you know nothing. please post the businesses that reversed their decisions and are now posting signs that OC is welcome. starbucks wasnt against it either until they were used as a protest site.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    There is a difference between private citizens not wanting certain things on their property and asking you to leave VS the police arresting you for rightful behavior. The vast majority of businesses are still indifferent/follow state law.

    I was recently OCing in Virginia and I went to starbucks and Chipotle, two businesses that "ask" people not bring guns in. Apparently the employees and customers there don't really care about the preferences of management in this regard because everyone was very friendly and no customers freaked out. To the contrary, one young male customer was pleasantly surprised that OC existed and was completely lawful.
    considering the average citizen is seeing these debates argued in these businesses, i would say your average citizen is going to fourm their own opinion. so if they could care less before or were on a fence they are now fourming opinions. and some are grouping all gun owners with the OC crowded who are acting like kids who need attention. you havnt answered my question either. if you get all the businesses to ban OC then what did you accomplish? you are also angering other gun owners who were once on your side. i was once on your side for OC. after being here and seeing how a lot are acting im starting to change my opinion.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Davis County, Utah
    Posts
    528
    I've seen this argument in quite a few threads: Don't assert your rights, otherwise they'll get taken away!

    It wasn't that long ago that those in the LGBT community couldn't be who they were, in public, for fear of harassment or worse.

    Now look at the rights they have. You can kick a person out of your business for no shirt/shoes or a (not literally) million other reasons, except if you disagree with their lifestyle, no matter how "in your face" it may be.

    They had a decades long fight to get where they are now, we gun rights supporters should expect no less, and fight just as hard and just as long.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona
    Posts
    189
    Important to note that these businesses are asking people not to bring guns in, not actually posting a ban. I open carry into Starbucks a fair amount of the time, and it has never raised a question. It would be interesting to see actual poll data of how this has affected the electorate. Presently we have requests from some businesses, possibly trying to mollify Moms Demand Action. sort of early to know how this may have affected legislation.

    In any case, I have to strongly support the right of people to carry their firearms legally in whatever manner they judge to be safe and most effective. If I recall correctly, OC is not legal in Texas, which is what I would be concerned about and I believe is what these protests are about.

  20. #20
    Regular Member OC Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ADA County, ID
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post
    considering the average citizen is seeing these debates argued in these businesses, i would say your average citizen is going to fourm their own opinion. so if they could care less before or were on a fence they are now fourming opinions. and some are grouping all gun owners with the OC crowded who are acting like kids who need attention. you havnt answered my question either. if you get all the businesses to ban OC then what did you accomplish? you are also angering other gun owners who were once on your side. i was once on your side for OC. after being here and seeing how a lot are acting im starting to change my opinion.
    I was once on the CC side, but I have found OC to be better over all. Its time to come out of the closet G21 and embrace true liberty instead of hiding your gun just like criminals do.

  21. #21
    Regular Member snatale42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    What the hell do these idiots think is going to happen when they carry their AR-15 into a restaurant?
    Exactly! I'm all for OC obviously but at what point do idiots not realize that it would freak people out? If a person is freaked out by a handgun on a hip tough, but you can't even blame them for being freaked out by that.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    [QUOTE=b0neZ;2065151]I've seen this argument in quite a few threads: Don't assert your rights, otherwise they'll get taken away!

    the calis did. and they got taken away

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNSteinmetz View Post
    Important to note that these businesses are asking people not to bring guns in, not actually posting a ban. I open carry into Starbucks a fair amount of the time, and it has never raised a question. It would be interesting to see actual poll data of how this has affected the electorate. Presently we have requests from some businesses, possibly trying to mollify Moms Demand Action. sort of early to know how this may have affected legislation.

    In any case, I have to strongly support the right of people to carry their firearms legally in whatever manner they judge to be safe and most effective. If I recall correctly, OC is not legal in Texas, which is what I would be concerned about and I believe is what these protests are about.
    wouldnt asking you not to bring guns in be pretty much the same thing as banning them from their place of business? whats the difference?

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Freedom View Post
    I was once on the CC side, but I have found OC to be better over all. Its time to come out of the closet G21 and embrace true liberty instead of hiding your gun just like criminals do.
    are you showing a gun to intimidate civilians like a criminal? i can compare you to criminals as well

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Davis County, Utah
    Posts
    528
    [QUOTE=g21sfpistol;2065160]
    Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    I've seen this argument in quite a few threads: Don't assert your rights, otherwise they'll get taken away!

    the calis did. and they got taken away
    I'm actually not surprised that you only chose to quote and comment on just that section of that post.
    Last edited by b0neZ; 06-01-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •