• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC fails again

XD40sc

What the hell do these idiots think is going to happen when they carry their AR-15 into a restaurant?

g21sfpistol

Banned
id say the same for people OCing pistols. they encourage this kind of stupidity. it would be so bad if some of these people didn't act like jackasses.

JustaShooter

id say the same for people OCing pistols. they encourage this kind of stupidity.

You see, that's where you'd be wrong. People OCing handguns have not to the best of my knowledge ever caused a national chain to issue a statement banning guns in their establishments.

HPmatt

Sonics are franchises. Chili's are not. Former w/b up to local owner not corporate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

g21sfpistol

Banned
You see, that's where you'd be wrong. People OCing handguns have not to the best of my knowledge ever caused a national chain to issue a statement banning guns in their establishments.

actually theres plenty of youtube videos of OCers acting like complete idiots. if its OC of a rifle or a handgun doesnt matter now. its looked at as the same to the general public. you wanna know what the general public and business thing of OC? well you are starting to see it now with them banning carrying of guns in their stores. the OC community is forcing people to choose a side. they are obviously a business and want to make money. they arnt a battle ground for your opinion. please keep telling me how the OC movment is working, when businesses are taking time out of their day to publicly state they dont allow the carrying of guns in their stores anymore.

solus

actually nightmare, i am absolutely amazed, shocked even, G21 hasn't been heard from before this as there are multiple threads out here on this subject, even NM has a thread about the subject...

might wish to tread carefully G, tolerance is very thin...

i would liken the subject to a tsunami hitting this forum...

G21 and Steath would be worth buying popcorn and watching, how bout ChristCrusader and the challenger G21, that would be a title match as no other.

ipse

g21sfpistol

Banned
I particularly like public discussion forums on controversial topics, for forcing skunks out into the light of day, so that we can see the color of their stripes, black/yellow/white. Yes, issues must be forced, otherwise the majority remains silent.

I like the they came quote as well. In cali they came for your right to OC and it was taken. So what happens now? No one has done anything about it. Oh I forgot. The OC moment is working.

77zach

I like the they came quote as well. In cali they came for your right to OC and it was taken. So what happens now? No one has done anything about it. Oh I forgot. The OC moment is working.

I find your arguments unconvincing. OC of holstered handguns has obviously helped gun rights. This is easily seen by subscribing to and reading regular email updates from NRA-ILA, handgunlaw.us, keepandbeararms.com, etc, etc. We've seen Ok, Ar, Al, Ms, and Ks (just to name a few) have debates about OC in their legislatures, have the representatives say it's a salubrious thing, and loosen their laws by either legalizing it or clarifying it is perfectly legal to OC. Normalization through desensitization is very effective no matter what the cause is. The anti-gun side sees this. California was/is a lost cause.

Regardless, you're allowed to be wrong. Further, I don't even care if every private business doesn't want to serve OCers. As long as you don't want state law to restrict OC, I have no quarrel with you.

g21sfpistol

Banned
I find your arguments unconvincing. OC of holstered handguns has obviously helped gun rights. This is easily seen by subscribing to and reading regular email updates from NRA-ILA, handgunlaw.us, keepandbeararms.com, etc, etc. We've seen Ok, Ar, Al, Ms, and Ks (just to name a few) have debates about OC in their legislatures, have the representatives say it's a salubrious thing, and loosen their laws by either legalizing it or clarifying it is perfectly legal to OC. Normalization through desensitization is very effective no matter what the cause is. The anti-gun side sees this. California was/is a lost cause.

Regardless, you're allowed to be wrong. Further, I don't even care if every private business doesn't want to serve OCers. As long as you don't want state law to restrict OC, I have no quarrel with you.

So what is the point to OC if every business didn't allow it? What goal did u accoplish?

g21sfpistol

Banned
Those that doubt or deny that OC advocates are winning the battle and the war need only look at the following map link. I can remember when there were not but a handfull of such states.

http://my.opencarry.org/?page_id=103

Yes thankfully states are allowing carry of some kind unlike back in the 90s. The states don't have to make the laws to crush carry of guns anymore. I like I just said above. If ever business decides to not allow the carrying of firearms what did you accoplish? If I can't carry my gun to where I'm going then what did you gain?

77zach

Yes thankfully states are allowing carry of some kind unlike back in the 90s. The states don't have to make the laws to crush carry of guns anymore. I like I just said above. If ever business decides to not allow the carrying of firearms what did you accoplish? If I can't carry my gun to where I'm going then what did you gain?

There is a difference between private citizens not wanting certain things on their property and asking you to leave VS the police arresting you for rightful behavior. The vast majority of businesses are still indifferent/follow state law.

I was recently OCing in Virginia and I went to starbucks and Chipotle, two businesses that "ask" people not bring guns in. Apparently the employees and customers there don't really care about the preferences of management in this regard because everyone was very friendly and no customers freaked out. To the contrary, one young male customer was pleasantly surprised that OC existed and was completely lawful.

papa bear

So what is the point to OC if every business didn't allow it? What goal did u accoplish?

Just what i like an honest troll

but to talk to your assertion that OC makes people hate guns. there is far more pro gun businesses then antis. also there have been a lot of businesses that have reversed their position.

also think about just a few years ago how people would have got harassed by the LE, when ever they OCed.
you just don't hear of it as much. this is because of OC and OCDO

g21sfpistol

Banned
Just what i like an honest troll

but to talk to your assertion that OC makes people hate guns. there is far more pro gun businesses then antis. also there have been a lot of businesses that have reversed their position.

also think about just a few years ago how people would have got harassed by the LE, when ever they OCed.
you just don't hear of it as much. this is because of OC and OCDO

ah the troll defense. its proof that you know nothing. please post the businesses that reversed their decisions and are now posting signs that OC is welcome. starbucks wasnt against it either until they were used as a protest site.

g21sfpistol

Banned
There is a difference between private citizens not wanting certain things on their property and asking you to leave VS the police arresting you for rightful behavior. The vast majority of businesses are still indifferent/follow state law.

I was recently OCing in Virginia and I went to starbucks and Chipotle, two businesses that "ask" people not bring guns in. Apparently the employees and customers there don't really care about the preferences of management in this regard because everyone was very friendly and no customers freaked out. To the contrary, one young male customer was pleasantly surprised that OC existed and was completely lawful.

considering the average citizen is seeing these debates argued in these businesses, i would say your average citizen is going to fourm their own opinion. so if they could care less before or were on a fence they are now fourming opinions. and some are grouping all gun owners with the OC crowded who are acting like kids who need attention. you havnt answered my question either. if you get all the businesses to ban OC then what did you accomplish? you are also angering other gun owners who were once on your side. i was once on your side for OC. after being here and seeing how a lot are acting im starting to change my opinion.

b0neZ

I've seen this argument in quite a few threads: Don't assert your rights, otherwise they'll get taken away!

It wasn't that long ago that those in the LGBT community couldn't be who they were, in public, for fear of harassment or worse.

Now look at the rights they have. You can kick a person out of your business for no shirt/shoes or a (not literally) million other reasons, except if you disagree with their lifestyle, no matter how "in your face" it may be.

They had a decades long fight to get where they are now, we gun rights supporters should expect no less, and fight just as hard and just as long.

PeterNSteinmetz

Important to note that these businesses are asking people not to bring guns in, not actually posting a ban. I open carry into Starbucks a fair amount of the time, and it has never raised a question. It would be interesting to see actual poll data of how this has affected the electorate. Presently we have requests from some businesses, possibly trying to mollify Moms Demand Action. sort of early to know how this may have affected legislation.

In any case, I have to strongly support the right of people to carry their firearms legally in whatever manner they judge to be safe and most effective. If I recall correctly, OC is not legal in Texas, which is what I would be concerned about and I believe is what these protests are about.

OC Freedom

considering the average citizen is seeing these debates argued in these businesses, i would say your average citizen is going to fourm their own opinion. so if they could care less before or were on a fence they are now fourming opinions. and some are grouping all gun owners with the OC crowded who are acting like kids who need attention. you havnt answered my question either. if you get all the businesses to ban OC then what did you accomplish? you are also angering other gun owners who were once on your side. i was once on your side for OC. after being here and seeing how a lot are acting im starting to change my opinion.

I was once on the CC side, but I have found OC to be better over all. Its time to come out of the closet G21 and embrace true liberty instead of hiding your gun just like criminals do.

snatale42

What the hell do these idiots think is going to happen when they carry their AR-15 into a restaurant?

Exactly! I'm all for OC obviously but at what point do idiots not realize that it would freak people out? If a person is freaked out by a handgun on a hip tough, but you can't even blame them for being freaked out by that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk