• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC fails again

g21sfpistol

Banned
Important to note that these businesses are asking people not to bring guns in, not actually posting a ban. I open carry into Starbucks a fair amount of the time, and it has never raised a question. It would be interesting to see actual poll data of how this has affected the electorate. Presently we have requests from some businesses, possibly trying to mollify Moms Demand Action. sort of early to know how this may have affected legislation.

In any case, I have to strongly support the right of people to carry their firearms legally in whatever manner they judge to be safe and most effective. If I recall correctly, OC is not legal in Texas, which is what I would be concerned about and I believe is what these protests are about.

wouldnt asking you not to bring guns in be pretty much the same thing as banning them from their place of business? :lol: whats the difference?

g21sfpistol

Banned
I was once on the CC side, but I have found OC to be better over all. Its time to come out of the closet G21 and embrace true liberty instead of hiding your gun just like criminals do.

are you showing a gun to intimidate civilians like a criminal? i can compare you to criminals as well

g21sfpistol

Banned
I'm actually not surprised that you only chose to quote and comment on just that section of that post.

people do that here all the time to avoid what they cant argue, and to steer away from what they cant argue to make it about some thing they can argue about. i did it because the rest of what you said was basically worthless, and im pretty sure we know businesses have property rights. i asked a question, which is open to anyone to answer, to another poster and people have avoided it. or they state they carry in those places with no issue. true or not, who knows.

OC Freedom

are you showing a gun to intimidate civilians like a criminal? i can compare you to criminals as well

Criminals, thugs, gang members, etc. do not open carry but, they do conceal carry. So you prefer to hide your gun just like gang members do. Have you ever wondered why Most states do not require a permit for open carry, but for concealed carry you need a permit. Look to history.

g21sfpistol

Banned
Criminals, thugs, gang members, etc. do not open carry but, they do conceal carry. So you prefer to hide your gun just like gang members do. Have you ever wondered why Most states do not require a permit for open carry, but for concealed carry you need a permit. Look to history.

if all you are going to do is divert my questions then there is no point in answering yours. answer mine and ill answer you.

g21sfpistol

Banned
funny. the validity of the story is in question. 1 out of 8 isnts great odds. actually i think theres more than 8

MatieA

ah the troll defense. its proof that you know nothing. please post the businesses that reversed their decisions and are now posting signs that OC is welcome. starbucks wasnt against it either until they were used as a protest site.

Steamboat Steakhouse in Cheyenne, WY posted a "no guns allowed" on the day they opened; it lasted 3 weeks and they removed it, and ran an ad in the paper saying that they welcomed gun-owners in their establishment. The lack of business hurt them severely.

MatieA

Exactly! I'm all for OC obviously but at what point do idiots not realize that it would freak people out? If a person is freaked out by a handgun on a hip tough, but you can't even blame them for being freaked out by that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

I have had TWO people freak out in the 17 years that I have been open-carrying, One was a lady in McDonalds who got in my face screaming about how she was afraid of guns and how terrified she was of me; a lady in her 60's (I'm guessing the age) told her that if an inanimate object scared her she had issues that went beyond my sidearm. The 2nd was a teller in Kmart who claimed to be terrified of my gun but went on ringing stuff up anyway. I have NEVER seen anyone run in terror because I walked in someplace armed. NOR have I seen puddles of liquid on the floor under where someone was standing.

g21sfpistol

Banned
Steamboat Steakhouse in Cheyenne, WY posted a "no guns allowed" on the day they opened; it lasted 3 weeks and they removed it, and ran an ad in the paper saying that they welcomed gun-owners in their establishment. The lack of business hurt them severely.

i need a cite for that

g21sfpistol

Banned
Concealed carry by it's nature is sneaky. Open carry is open, honest. Is it any wonder that criminals conceal carry?

do you have proof it is sneaky? a cite maybe by the NRA stating CC is sneaky and OC is open and honest? you are making a claim that you need to cite.

sudden valley gunner

So what is the point to OC if every business didn't allow it? What goal did u accoplish?

I am well known for wearing shorts and slippahs (flip flops to haoles), some retaurants I know I can't go in because they certain dress code. Your logic fails. Apparently I should stop my normal attire because some don't allow it.....:rolleyes:

I've seen this argument in quite a few threads: Don't assert your rights, otherwise they'll get taken away!

the calis did. and they got taken away

Do you always blame the victim?

If a female is walking down a street alone, as her right to do so, is it her fault if she is attacked, mugged, raped? If you say yes how much of the prison sentence should she serve?

ATM

Campaign Veteran
do you have proof it is sneaky? a cite maybe by the NRA stating CC is sneaky and OC is open and honest? you are making a claim that you need to cite.

How about a court case still frequently referenced?

"...It interfered with no man's right to carry arms (to use its words) "in full open view," which places men upon an equality. This is the right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States, and which is calculated to incite men to a manly and noble defence of themselves, if neccessary, and of their country, without any tendency to secret advantages and unmanly assassinations..."

http://www.guncite.com/court/state/5la489.html

Last edited:

nobama

G21, just for your info,I have my CHP, but I OC in the summer. Here in NC OC is a right, CC is a privilege. Now I don't think the photo of the two was such a good idea, but, I have heard a lot form CC only people how OC is hurting our cause. Whos cause? Yours? You obviousely don't like Liberty, because I hate to break it to you but CC permits are nothing more than a permission slip. What exactly has the CC only group done for your "rights". A permission slip? YIPPIE!! If the blacks had sat in the back of the bus and kept there mouths shut, would they still be free? No. If I go into a store and carry my Bible, I wonder how many Christains will think "Im hurting there cause"? Maybe a few but then they are not true believers. All these have something in common, they stand up for what they believe. Do you believe in Liberty? are you willing to stand up for peoples rights? as a gun owner we ALL need to stand up.

PeterNSteinmetz

wouldnt asking you not to bring guns in be pretty much the same thing as banning them from their place of business? :lol: whats the difference?

In AZ, a sign saying 'no firearms' has the legal effect of constituting a request and if you still enter, you are committing a misdemeanor trespass. A general policy by the chain asking that people not bring their firearms without the sign has no such legal effect. The manager can still ask that you leave, and then you legally need to, but I've never had one at Starbucks make that request.