• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC fails again

Batousaii

Hmmmm.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

And he's a smug, self righteous one at that. This Guy seems to have a real problem with the true nature of liberty and attempts to burden others by forcing them to placate the hysterical social trend of today. An unfortunate byproduct of media hype and cultural pressure via the propagandists, people like our OP demand suppression of rights through aggressive subversion, and convoluted idealism in an attempt to show why Your Rights are actually wrong. The end game is to keep everyone in a state of reactionary panic, so that they will be as skittish as possible when encountering someone with personal fortitude, internal strength, or dare elevate to expressing true overtones of liberty. Turn liberty in to extremism, and you've won the game: Breed em weak, keep em skittish, divide and conquer - Our new flag could be the yellow bellied frog laying on it's back....

FTG-05

This thread is an excellent example of the difference 70 years makes:

Then: GI's selflessly storming the beaches of Normandy to protect our rights and the rest of the free world

Now: So-called gun owners/OC Fudds: "I can't go to Chipotle (sp), Chili's or Sonic because of OCer's, WAAAAAAAA!"

Big picture with these OCT events:

- No one has died
- No NDs or ADs
- No arrests (that I know of)
- No one ran screaming from the event locations (that I know of)
- Gun banners panties in a wad
- OC Fudds panties in a wad
- NRA protecting their business interests/panties in a wad
- A couple anti-gun/Anti-American restaurants outed themselves
- OC laws are now being seriously examined at the state level for the first time in several years

The first three aren't really a positive, just a lack of any negatives. Having the gun banners and OC Fudds with their panties in a wad is a huge positive, in my opinion. The NRA is protecting their business interests, I get their viewpoint; while I don't agree with it, I get it, follow the $$$.

The biggest negative: A couple fast food restaurants outed themselves. Really? That's what all this hoopla is about? A couple restaurants vs. our basic human rights and some people are bitching about going to a restaurant???? THAT'S IT? :banghead:

So now the question becomes: Will TX go PRK (i.e. ban OC) or Wisconsin (relax gun laws)?

My bet: Wisconsin in a big way.

g21sfpistol

Banned
OCers keep making the gun community look bad. If you guys didn't act like such idiots it would bother me at all. But you guys do act like idiots and bullies. i predicted this when it was just one or two stores banning or making a public announcement about guns being carried in their stores. this is what open carry.org promotes. keep up the good work OCers!

http://buzzpo.com/houston-area-man-recklessly-brandishes-firearm-target/

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OCers keep making the gun community look bad. If you guys didn't act like such idiots it would bother me at all. But you guys do act like idiots and bullies. i predicted this when it was just one or two stores banning or making a public announcement about guns being carried in their stores. this is what open carry.org promotes. keep up the good work OCers!

http://buzzpo.com/houston-area-man-recklessly-brandishes-firearm-target/
One apple from the barrel does not exemplify/represent the entire barrel. To my knowledge the man has no connection to any RKBA or OC community.

By suggesting that he does, you clearly insult all good, responsible gun owners - perhaps making you a bigger problem than that of which you accuse the man of being. I think you paint with a very broad brush.

sudden valley gunner

One apple from the barrel does not exemplify/represent the entire barrel. To my knowledge the man has no connection to any RKBA or OC community.

By suggesting that he does, you clearly insult all good, responsible gun owners - perhaps making you a bigger problem than that of which you accuse the man of being. I think you paint with a very broad brush.

Even the link he provides is an article condemning him and saying he doesn't represent any sort of responsible OC'er.

g21sfpistol

Banned

are you that naive? he has a connection to RKBA and OC because he's doing it. keep telling yourself OCing and acting like a child is helping your cause. these businesses will obviously keep making statements about carrying guns in their stores. sure you can say you won't shop there. but where will you go when every store decides not to let you carry your gun in there? because you people decided to use THEIR store as a protest site? yes the OC movement is working!!!!! actually its not, and it can't be proven that it has.

b0neZ

are you that naive? he has a connection to RKBA and OC because he's doing it. keep telling yourself OCing and acting like a child is helping your cause. these businesses will obviously keep making statements about carrying guns in their stores. sure you can say you won't shop there. but where will you go when every store decides not to let you carry your gun in there? because you people decided to use THEIR store as a protest site? yes the OC movement is working!!!!! actually its not, and it can't be proven that it has.

That's akin to saying that one drunk driver is representative of everyone that gets behind the wheel.

How much booze do you drink before you drive?

Primus

That's akin to saying that one drunk driver is representative of everyone that gets behind the wheel.

Better question, how much booze does he drink before he types/posts?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

stealthyeliminator

Actually, he probably CCs only and just displayed the firearm for the photo only. So, by your logic, CCers are giving the 'entire gun community' a bad name

g21sfpistol

Banned

with all the laws in place for drunk driving i would say you are correct. along with all the training cops get to catch drunk drivers proves that. nice try though.

b0neZ

with all the laws in place for drunk driving i would say you are correct. along with all the training cops get to catch drunk drivers proves that. nice try though.

With all the laws in Texas, where he claims to be at, that prohibit OC of a handgun (excluding Black Powder revolvers), brandishing, and a few other things, I would say that the posted article does not show an Open Carrier anywhere, but someone who conceals behaving badly.

Please feel free to play again.

g21sfpistol

Banned
With all the laws in Texas, where he claims to be at, that prohibit OC of a handgun (excluding Black Powder revolvers), brandishing, and a few other things, I would say that the posted article does not show an Open Carrier anywhere, but someone who conceals behaving badly.

Please feel free to play again.

its his response to OCing in target. he's obviously OCing if his gun is visible. duh please play again

sudden valley gunner

its his response to OCing in target. he's obviously OCing if his gun is visible. duh please play again

Nice dodge, he apparently went from CC to displaying.

So it was a bad action of a CCer.

Otherwise by your own logic every time a CC draws super fast and saves the day he suddenly is an OC'er who saved the day.,

Last edited:

b0neZ

A handgun in hand is not being openly carried, it is being brandished.

Please study the pics in the article you posted carefully and find the empty holster.

Again, and just a reminder, open carry of any handgun except for one that uses Black Powder is illegal in Texas.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk

EMNofSeattle

Clearly this is brandishing not open carry.

This is also not distasteful, it's criminal.

I see no indicator this man oc'd that pistol to the target.

I think it may be more then brandishing, he posts a picture of himself holding a firearm to a chain store after said chain announces they prefer no guns in their store, it may be a terroristic threat....

B

Bikenut

In reference to the part of your post I put in bold for emphasis....

Kindly note that in Michigan folks open carrying into the Central Area District Library... including the open carry of a shotgun... resulted in a Michigan Supreme Court decision that said "authorities" such as a library "authority" or a "transit authority" or a downtown development "authority", do not have the ........ authority.... to enact or enforce any gun control policies or rules more stringent than existing State law.

So contrary to your claim that the OC movement isn't working and that it can't be proven that it is.... please follow the link below and follow the links in the post.....

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/open...-important-michigan-supreme-court-action.html

And then there is the Chronological History of all the CADL v MOC legal action at this link....

http://www.michiganopencarry.org/?q=cadl

Actually what isn't working are the constant attempts to fear monger and discredit open carry by those who think the best way to protect a right is to not use it. How can that be proven not to be working? Well... open carry is what caused the strides forward contained within those links I provided. Please note that concealed carry didn't do squat but open carry, including the open carry of a shotgun, did.

Last edited by a moderator:

WalkingWolf

Clearly this is brandishing not open carry.

This is also not distasteful, it's criminal.

I see no indicator this man oc'd that pistol to the target.

I think it may be more then brandishing, he posts a picture of himself holding a firearm to a chain store after said chain announces they prefer no guns in their store, it may be a terroristic threat....

No it is not open carry, he clearly has a loose shirt and the holster is not visible. This is the problem with some conceal carry people, they think the privilege card gives them carte blanche to be stupid. As far as terror threat, you really are out in space on that one, wayyyyyy out there.

EMNofSeattle

W

No it is not open carry, he clearly has a loose shirt and the holster is not visible. This is the problem with some conceal carry people, they think the privilege card gives them carte blanche to be stupid. As far as terror threat, you really are out in space on that one, wayyyyyy out there.

You don't think an aggressive prosecutor could make that case that posting pictures on a business website brandishing a gun after said business asks for no guns can be reasonably construed as a threat?

Maybe I wouldn't, but I think it can be done...

WalkingWolf

You don't think an aggressive prosecutor could make that case that posting pictures on a business website brandishing a gun after said business asks for no guns can be reasonably construed as a threat?

Maybe I wouldn't, but I think it can be done...

No I don't think a rational sane prosecutor would even attempt it.