• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in martinsburg

darrylta

Thanks to this tread, I've joined the WVCDL and burst my open carry cherry last weekend.
Went to several stores and only got smiles from everyone. What a huge change from Maryland!!!
Darryl

2ndAmendmentMom

darrylta

Ah... I don't facebook and surely don't tweet or whatever :)
I think I'll stay somewhat subdued you know, open carry now & then,
just enough to say it's my right and I'm exercising it. I'm a FFL-03 collector,
gotta to keep my nose clean.
Darryl

Last edited:

darrylta

I've always enjoyed an early breakfast at the Waffle House, pretty good food and at reasonable prices.

I stumbled on a post regarding WH's anti gun policy and decided to drive around their parking lot to look
for the NO Firearms allowed sign. Sure enough, it was posted at the rear of the store, near the roofline on the parking lot side.

I'm trying to come to grips why they placed sign in such an obscure spot?

If they really wanted to detour gun carrying folks, you think they would post in a prominent place, as on the door?
Or is it because they don't want to advertise their store as a gun free zone, advertising to all, that it's customers
are easy pickings for the thugs bent on doing them harm?

I wonder what their motive is, it's very coy at the least?
Darryl