Thread: Lake Ozark, Mo. is trying to pass an ordinance that would prohibit open carrying

Lake Ozark, Mo. is trying to pass an ordinance that would prohibit open carrying

Lake Ozark is in the process of passing an ordinance against open carrying of a firearm. I attended the council meeting held for the second reading of the ordinance on May 27th. I and a couple of others spoke in opposition of it and I will do so again at the next scheduled meeting June 10th at 6:00 pm. If any of you are around the area it would be great to see you at the next meeting to support our 2nd Amendment rights. Or call the Mayor and voice your concerns> Thanks.

No hunters? No state preemption of local firearms ordinances? Or no teeth?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    No hunters? No state preemption of local firearms ordinances? Or no teeth?

No preemption in Missouri as of yet. However there is a Constitutional amendment that will be on the ballot this November that if the citizens of Missouri approve, it will put some bit into our right to carry!!!! And a bill is on the Governor's desk now that will provide for open carry everywhere in the state as long as you hold a CCW permit.
    Last edited by logunowner; 06-02-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by logunowner View Post
    Lake Ozark is in the process of passing an ordinance against open carrying of a firearm. I attended the council meeting held for the second reading of the ordinance on May 27th. I and a couple of others spoke in opposition of it and I will do so again at the next scheduled meeting June 10th at 6:00 pm. If any of you are around the area it would be great to see you at the next meeting to support our 2nd Amendment rights. Or call the Mayor and voice your concerns> Thanks.
    Thanks for your voice.
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

Quote Originally Posted by kylemoul View Post
    Thanks for your voice.
    You are welcome, my wife Vivian and I are committed to this very important fight.