Thread: Outside the Waistband Removable Holster

Outside the Waistband Removable Holster

I live in Florida. It appears that Open Carry will be legal, based on a court case that is about to end.

My question is this:

I am trying to find a holster that is outside the waist band, but can be removed without taking the pants and belt off, and pulling the belt back through the holster.

I want to be able to remove it just like I can remove my IWB Crossbreed SuperTuck - just pop the clips loose from the belt, and slide it out.

Any ideas - I carry a Beretta PX4 Compact.

Anything on a paddle. SERPA e.g.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

As a lover of paddle holsters I feel kind of dirty recommending this (but full disclosure: I have & use several):

http://shop.blade-tech.com/dos-teklok-p-137.html

With a little bit of thinking and some Chicago Screws you can mount leather holsters to them. Same for just about any other manufacturer's plastic/kydex holsters - although sometimes it involves filling holes with J-B Weld and drilling new holes.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Bwahaha. Use their more proper name to make clear the fornication of the unsuspecting holster maker. The threads pulled on a sex-bolt used in my first leather OWB. Fool me once is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Bwahaha. Use their more proper name to make clear the fornication of the unsuspecting holster maker. The threads pulled on a sex-bolt used in my first leather OWB. Fool me once is enough.
    On a sex bolt?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    On a sex bolt?
    I have one of those, but I do not open carry it for hygiene reasons
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    On a sex bolt?

My guess is that Nightmare has a bit of a fine-motor skill problem, as in threading certain machine screws. (Perhaps if someone were to put a small amount of a certain substance around the hole he might have an easier time?)

Also, if he were to use the appropriate length he might have experienced less problems with pull-out. (Size does matter.)

Also, most folks above the age of puberty have discovered the joys of Lok-tite for preventing things from becoming unscrewed.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Your guess is ignorant of my career and its dexterity demands. Surgeons like to brag on tying surgeon's knots at the bottom of a tennis-ball can, that's where I started. A particular component that I frequently serviced was threaded in raw unalloyed aluminum for its stable properties in a reactor's near-field radiation.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    My guess is that Nightmare has a bit of a fine-motor skill problem, as in threading certain machine screws. (Perhaps if someone were to put a small amount of a certain substance around the hole he might have an easier time?)

Also, if he were to use the appropriate length he might have experienced less problems with pull-out. (Size does matter.)

Also, most folks above the age of puberty have discovered the joys of Lok-tite for preventing things from becoming unscrewed.

stay safe.
    Lol awesome

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by GHF View Post
    I am trying to find a holster that is outside the waist band, but can be removed without taking the pants and belt off, and pulling the belt back through the holster.

I want to be able to remove it just like I can remove my IWB Crossbreed SuperTuck - just pop the clips loose from the belt, and slide it out.

Any ideas - I carry a Beretta PX4 Compact.
    Some holster makers have an option for snap-loops instead of slots so you can do what you are asking. Here's an example I found through google:
    http://sideguardholsters.com/holsters/TheSnap.htm

As far as finding one to fit your PX4, that I have no idea. Good luck!
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by GHF View Post
    I live in Florida. It appears that Open Carry will be legal, based on a court case that is about to end.
    That's a new one on me and I follow Florida OC statutes VERY closely.

I also OC daily under the current Florida statutes.

Can you PM me with a link to where you believe our OC laws are about to change?

AD

Sent from the Glock Range Bag iPad using Tapatalk and a screwdriver
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor

I would also be very interested in the link

Look up James Dean Leather. He's in Florida. Ask for the Mad Spaniard model.

He handmakes all of the holsters he sells, and the quality is top notch.

ETA: here's the link: http://www.jamesdeangunleather.com/holsters.html
    Last edited by b0neZ; 06-06-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by GHF

Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    That's a new one on me and I follow Florida OC statutes VERY closely.

I also OC daily under the current Florida statutes.

Can you PM me with a link to where you believe our OC laws are about to change?
    Quote Originally Posted by todd740 View Post
    I would also be very interested in the link
    Image is very cloudy - try again later.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.