• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Outside the Waistband Removable Holster

GHF

I live in Florida. It appears that Open Carry will be legal, based on a court case that is about to end.

My question is this:

I am trying to find a holster that is outside the waist band, but can be removed without taking the pants and belt off, and pulling the belt back through the holster.

I want to be able to remove it just like I can remove my IWB Crossbreed SuperTuck - just pop the clips loose from the belt, and slide it out.

Any ideas - I carry a Beretta PX4 Compact.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
As a lover of paddle holsters I feel kind of dirty recommending this (but full disclosure: I have & use several):

http://shop.blade-tech.com/dos-teklok-p-137.html

With a little bit of thinking and some Chicago Screws you can mount leather holsters to them. Same for just about any other manufacturer's plastic/kydex holsters - although sometimes it involves filling holes with J-B Weld and drilling new holes.

stay safe.

Primus

Bwahaha. Use their more proper name to make clear the fornication of the unsuspecting holster maker. The threads pulled on a sex-bolt used in my first leather OWB. Fool me once is enough.

On a sex bolt?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Bwahaha. Use their more proper name to make clear the fornication of the unsuspecting holster maker. The threads pulled on a sex-bolt used in my first leather OWB. Fool me once is enough.

On a sex bolt?

My guess is that Nightmare has a bit of a fine-motor skill problem, as in threading certain machine screws. (Perhaps if someone were to put a small amount of a certain substance around the hole he might have an easier time?)

Also, if he were to use the appropriate length he might have experienced less problems with pull-out. (Size does matter.)

Also, most folks above the age of puberty have discovered the joys of Lok-tite for preventing things from becoming unscrewed.

stay safe.

Primus

My guess is that Nightmare has a bit of a fine-motor skill problem, as in threading certain machine screws. (Perhaps if someone were to put a small amount of a certain substance around the hole he might have an easier time?)

Also, if he were to use the appropriate length he might have experienced less problems with pull-out. (Size does matter.)

Also, most folks above the age of puberty have discovered the joys of Lok-tite for preventing things from becoming unscrewed.

stay safe.

Lol awesome

JustaShooter

I am trying to find a holster that is outside the waist band, but can be removed without taking the pants and belt off, and pulling the belt back through the holster.

I want to be able to remove it just like I can remove my IWB Crossbreed SuperTuck - just pop the clips loose from the belt, and slide it out.

Any ideas - I carry a Beretta PX4 Compact.

Some holster makers have an option for snap-loops instead of slots so you can do what you are asking. Here's an example I found through google:
http://sideguardholsters.com/holsters/TheSnap.htm

As far as finding one to fit your PX4, that I have no idea. Good luck!

ADulay

I live in Florida. It appears that Open Carry will be legal, based on a court case that is about to end.

That's a new one on me and I follow Florida OC statutes VERY closely.

I also OC daily under the current Florida statutes.

Can you PM me with a link to where you believe our OC laws are about to change?

AD

Sent from the Glock Range Bag iPad using Tapatalk and a screwdriver

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by GHF

That's a new one on me and I follow Florida OC statutes VERY closely.

I also OC daily under the current Florida statutes.

Can you PM me with a link to where you believe our OC laws are about to change?

I would also be very interested in the link
Image is very cloudy - try again later.