Thread: Libertarianism 3.0: The wave of the present? Koch And A Smile.

Libertarianism 3.0: The wave of the present? Koch And A Smile.

By Randy Barnett June 1 at 8:14 pm at The Volokh Conspiracy

"Over on The Daily Beast, Reason editor-in-chief Nick Gillespie has a very nice account of the way Charles and David Koch have contributed to the evolution of Libertarianism 1.0 to 2.0, and now to 3.0: Libertarianism 3.0: Koch And A Smile . Having been present for each stage in this development, his narrative rings true to me, as does his description of each stage: ... "

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/v...f-the-present/

The visionary brothers’ new paradigm will frustrate the left and alter the right by fusing social tolerance with fiscal responsibility. [ ... ] Which brings me to Libertarianism 3.0. The first iteration of the modern libertarian movement was focused on figuring out who we were and what sorts of institutions and outreach were necessary for the movement. The second was about working within existing power structures, sometimes even to the point of keeping mum on matters of serious disagreement. I’d argue that Libertarianism 3.0 will be a phase in which libertarians pursue two parallel political paths.

The first is outlined in The Declaration of Independents, the book I co-authored with Matt Welch: ...
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...anism-3-0.html

A recipe for disaster; social tolerance of abusive lifestyles with fiscal responsibility refusing to pay to cure the lifestyle's ills. Conservatism is a three-legged stool of social, fiscal and policy; kick away any one and the stool is merely a fecal bolus. Progressivism is the political bowel movement to make-things-better willy-nilly and leave US to suffer the unintended consequences. Conserve what we know is good.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Rothbard rolling over in his grave.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Rothbard rolling over in his grave.
    Another dead white guy not too different from the Founding Fathers, a little younger, a bit farther removed from classicism.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Another dead white guy not too different from the Founding Fathers, a little younger, a bit farther removed from classicism.
    +1
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)