Thread: Monday noon at the Westin/Seattle: gun control campaign kickoff

Monday noon at the Westin/Seattle: gun control campaign kickoff

High noon at the Westin today, another I-594 ‘kickoff’

Today’s noon campaign kickoff for Initiative 594 comes on the heels of yesterday’s Seattle Times report on “skyrocketing” concealed pistol licenses (CPL) in Washington, and ten days after the Isla Vista attack demonstrated that the so-called “universal background check” (UBC) scheme at the core of the well-financed measure does not prevent the kind of crime its backers use as an example for why voters should pass it, gun rights advocates say.

http://www.examiner.com/article/high...-i-594-kickoff

So they've kicked off their campaign what? Six times now? Hey if they want to blow their campaign budget renting out nice hotels for repetitive kick offs I have no problem with this...
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    So they've kicked off their campaign what? Six times now? Hey if they want to blow their campaign budget renting out nice hotels for repetitive kick offs I have no problem with this...
    I'd even serve them the cookies that some of their members offered to bake for us too.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    I'd even serve them the cookies that some of their members offered to bake for us too.

except that was Seattle Raging Grannies, I don't think that the official 594 campaign threatened us with poison cookies...
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

except that was Seattle Raging Grannies, I don't think that the official 594 campaign threatened us with poison cookies...
    I never said anything about poison...
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Unless it's donated space, idk

Yer killin' me. I think I asked the same question about a month ago.

But seriously, these guys raised a boatload of loot Monday at that lunch shindig They sold out the room. Anybody know where we could get 1,200 stylish gun rights activists (i.e. leave your slogan T-shirts at home, wear a sport coat, shine your shoes, etc.) into a room at a downtown Seattle hotel to raise a million bucks?

Here's a follow-up with a question I'm thinking the Seattle press ought to be asking, if not the PDC:

Big money rolls into gun control campaign; who is ‘anonymous donor?’

Yesterday’s latest “kickoff” of the Initiative 594 campaign in Seattle reportedly brought in a $1 million pledge from Nick and Leslie Hanauer – prime bank-rollers of the gun control effort so far – along with what the Seattle P-I.com reported was “a six-figure pledge from an anonymous donor,” and that is troubling to gun rights activists.

http://www.examiner.com/article/big-...nonymous-donor