• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time shooting an AR-15 mixed emotions

OC for ME

The only reason to have a pistol in a gun fight is to be able to get another rifle if you lost your first rifle.

When I shoot my carbine I only hear the sound of the cash register where i must buy more 5.56. :cuss:

MackTheKnife

If you want loud and powerful try shooting a nagant. The AR-15 was designed to be easy to teach and quick to learn with. Low recoil in a mild rifle round, light weight, ergonomic, and not very loud. I can't understand or see any reason for banning any gun.

Concur. OP' s exuberance probably caused a bit of brain freeze babble. Wait until he shoots an AR 10 or a 300BLK.

Sent from my Kindle via the NSA.