• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More good news about trading for that guy BERGDAHL - smooth move Ocrama

PistolPackingMomma

If you're happy and you know it then your face will surely show it, if you're happy and you know it clap your hands!

....aww, dammit.

Redbaron007

beebobby hijacked another thread with his poison of distaste for those who don't see things like he does.

As to the OP, I understand the 'code' of not leaving any soldier behind; however, the trade was substantially one sided. If he wants to trade me $10,000 for every dollar I give him, who wouldn't? :eek:

beebobby

I wonder how Bobby feels about Chelsea Manning and Edward Snowden. No, Bobby, you don't have to tell US, it was an rhetorical question to fellow veterans.
As a veteran, I considered them traitors also, but I don't recall them being convicted before a trial.

sudden valley gunner

Some are taught that the Pres, no matter what party, can do no wrong.

So Nixon and Obama have a lot in common in their thinking then?

As a veteran, I considered them traitors also, but I don't recall them being convicted before a trial.

Traitors? No such thing when it comes to a government that is supposed to be based upon "consent".

beebobby

"So Nixon and Obama have a lot in common in their thinking then?"

IMO, all recent presidents have that in common.

DocWalker

He is coming home not as a hero but an American solider that we didn't leave there. He will have to defend his actions of walking away, maybe even have to face the UCMJ system, be convicted as a deserter, removed of all rank and given a Dis-Honorable, sent on his way.
I think the Pentagon said it best in a way.

" At worst he is a Deserter, at best he is a stupid kid"

Apparently, this has been under negotiations for quite a while.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/10/wo...nted=all&_r=2&

IF Bergdahl is guilty of AWOL or desertion then that will be determined by the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) and not by the UCRBS (Uninformed Court of Republican Bull Sh!t).

As a veteran and someone that has been there and have talked to people from his unit I would disagree with your assessment.

"At BEST he is a deserter and at WORST he is a traitor".

Either way real veterans don't want him anywhere near our VA here in Idaho. To your point the Army already determained in 2010 that he deserted.

http://www.redflagnews.com/headline...s-post-stopped-military-efforts-to-rescue-him

You can google more stories from FOX to CNN that say the same thing. But I still believe the guys in his unit as the truth and not someone trying to spin it that he just went for a walk. You just don't go for a walk outside the wire alone, without permission and without your weapon and gear.

I love how people that have never served in combat love to speculate, it just proves them to be small donkeys.

Last edited:

DocWalker

"So Nixon and Obama have a lot in common in their thinking then?"

IMO, all recent presidents have that in common.

Obama is making Nixon look like an amature and at leasts Nixon had the balls to resign when caught.

Voter fruad- Black panter intimidation video and nobody held accountable/ cover up (DOJ refused to procecute)
Fast and Furious- Border Patrol killed and nobody held accountable/cover up (DOJ investigating themselves)
Benghazie- 4 dead Americans and nobody held accounable/cover up (blame a video tape)
IRS targeting- (closest to what Nixon did) nobody held accountable/serious cover up (delete everthing and pretend you know squat)
VA deaths- nobody held accounatable at the level were the deaths happened. (had 6 years to fix problems)
Border crisis- Policy to encourage illegal activity/children and adults coming over the border at alarming rate and nobody is doing anything. (pretend it isn't happening)
Bergdal debacle- need I say more
Iraq- WASTE OF ALL OUR GOOD WORK. (I SERVED TWO TOURS IN IRAQ)

All goverments are corrupt but this one has set the bar at a whole new level.

beebobby

Obama is making Nixon look like an amature and at leasts Nixon had the balls to resign when caught.
He resigned before he could be impeached

Voter fruad- Black panter intimidation video and nobody held accountable/ cover up (DOJ refused to procecute)
http://mediamatters.org/research/2010/07/17/bipartisan-agreement-fox-hyped-new-black-panthe/167847

Fast and Furious- Border Patrol killed and nobody held accountable/cover up (DOJ investigating themselves)
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/0...t-and-furious-killing-us-border-patrol-agent/

Benghazie- 4 dead Americans and nobody held accounable/cover up (blame a video tape)
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/06/17/captured-alleged-benghazi-ringleader-was-report/199771

IRS targeting- (closest to what Nixon did) nobody held accountable/serious cover up (delete everthing and pretend you know squat)
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/05/politics/irs-political-war/

VA deaths- nobody held accounatable at the level were the deaths happened. (had 6 years to fix problems)
Your memory is short:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/oreilly-rove-get-heated-over-va-mismanagement-under-bush-admin/

Border crisis- Policy to encourage illegal activity/children and adults coming over the border at alarming rate and nobody is doing anything. (pretend it isn't happening)
As per the article, people are doing something about it. Nothing about policy encouraging it.
http://azstarnet.com/news/local/bor...cle_f754148a-0ced-5bd0-98bf-3b5ee2f17935.html

Bergdahl debacle- need I say more
http://www.democracynow.org/2014/6/3/former_guantanamo_chief_prosecutor_defends_american

Iraq- WASTE OF ALL OUR GOOD WORK. (I SERVED TWO TOURS IN IRAQ)
Your memory has failed you again, you obviously have given a pass to those who got us involved in the first place.

All goverments are corrupt but this one has set the bar at a whole new level.
The hate is strong in this one. I bet you felt that way before Obama even took office.

DocWalker

The hate is strong in this one. I bet you felt that way before Obama even took office.

Not a dem or repub.

I didn't vote for Obama and feel he was just as bad as Bush was during his second term (who I did vote for). I didn't agree with everything Bush did either, but Iraq was in a good spot when our current crook-in-chief pulled us out without leaving a residual force. Can you imagine if we would have done that in Germany after WW1, WW2, or Korea? The last time I was in Iraq (2005) the understanding was that we were going to leave a force and atleast one or two bases in Iraq for stability. Good friends died for what? I don't care how we got started but the current crooks wasted the American lifes lost for the gains we made.

Joe Biden quote:

"I am very optimistic about -- about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You're going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer. You're going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government. I spent -- I've been there 17 times now. I go about every two months -- three months. I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society. It's impressed me"

http://www.thewire.com/global/2010/02/biden-takes-credit-for-iraq-s-progress/20216/

I know what I did in Iraq and feel good about giving medical care to not only Americans but our allies, Iraqi forces and locals to include children, and yes I even treated enemy combatants.

You can believe what you want and I will believe what I want.

But ALL polititions are like diapers, they need to be changed fequently and usually for the same reason.

beebobby

"You can believe what you want and I will believe what I want. "
I believe that the American people are tired of sacrificing lives and money trying to prevent an inevitable, religious civil war in a country that is no threat to our homeland.
All of you, ALL OF YOU, know there is no winning in Iraq.
This is a religious civil war. The sooner we understand that, the sooner we can stop pretending that we have any real influence over what is going on there.

DocWalker

"You can believe what you want and I will believe what I want. "
I believe that the American people are tired of sacrificing lives and money trying to prevent an inevitable, religious civil war in a country that is no threat to our homeland.
All of you, ALL OF YOU, know there is no winning in Iraq.
This is a religious civil war. The sooner we understand that, the sooner we can stop pretending that we have any real influence over what is going on there.

Yet another know-it-all that has never been there that knows everything as is going to tell people how they must think and live. Why don't you take a trip to Iraq or Iran and check it out for yourself first.

I don't disagree or agree. I'm saying we could have prevented the current situation from happening at least for a while and my brothers and sisters wouldn't have died for nothing.

beebobby

Yet another know-it-all that has never been there that knows everything as is going to tell people how they must think and live. Why don't you take a trip to Iraq or Iran and check it out for yourself first.

I don't disagree or agree. I'm saying we could have prevented the current situation from happening at least for a while and my brothers and sisters wouldn't have died for nothing.

I'm not telling anyone how to think or live, but don't you believe that America is tired of war? I don't have to go to that hell hole to recognize it as a hell hole.
How many more live should we sacrifice to delay the inevitable to make it worth your time over there? 10, 20,500?

DocWalker

I'm not telling anyone how to think or live, but don't you believe that America is tired of war? I don't have to go to that hell hole to recognize it as a hell hole.
How many more live should we sacrifice to delay the inevitable to make it worth your time over there? 10, 20,500?

Would you like to tell the 4,486 mothers that their children died for NOTHING? Not to mention those injured.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Would you like to tell the 4,486 mothers that their children died for NOTHING? Not to mention those injured.

Well, how about telling more than that? These folks hate America, hate Christians ... we go in, fight, kill, get killed ,, and a few days pass and the situation is the same.

Again and again and yet again?

Redbaron007

Part of this problem now was the leaving....there was no solid foundation for the Iraqi people to rebuild on. Was it being developed, yep; but it wasn't time. Once we announced the pull out; those that hate us and wanted control of Iraq could begin their ascent back into the country...ie. right now, it was predicted Obiden and Obama made their announcements.

I'm not sure anybody wants/likes a war, so yes many people don't want to be involved in one, but that should not be your guide to not be involved. In fact, that sounds very European. But whether you like it or not, what happens there, effects us here....therefore, we have to keep our options open.

I know your vitriol against anyone who thinks differently than you, except a liberal, clouds your rational, but not being involved could be worse. Not accusing you of this; however, you tone echos those who scream isolationism; but still wants the fruits of the world. You are either in or out.