• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saw an open-carrier today

Freiheit417

I saw a guy open-carrying (pistol) today in Windsor. He was coming out of Dunkin' Donuts on Day Hill Road. I was inside Blimpie at the time.

Was it anyone here?

Unicorns really do exist after all :lol:

KennyB

Wasn't me but I go to that Dunkin a few times a week. Also, OC is becoming MUCH MORE common then you think. I've been doing it for about 2 years now and if you check out the Facebook page of CT Open carry, you'd see that there are MANY people exercising their right to OC in CT. BTW, you have to send a friend request to join the group, but once you do you can see and post on the page. I believe there's already over 3000 members on the OC CT page!!!

Last edited:

Freiheit417

Wasn't me but I go to that Dunkin a few times a week. Also, OC is becoming MUCH MORE common then you think. I've been doing it for about 2 years now and if you check out the Facebook page of CT Open carry, you'd see that there are MANY people exercising their right to OC in CT. BTW, you have to send a friend request to join the group, but once you do you can see and post on the page. I believe there's already over 3000 members on the OC CT page!!!

I know it is becoming more commonplace, but it's just the first time I saw someone OC'ing in CT other than at gatherings of like-minded friends.

I'm not on FB, but I do appreciate the invite to check it out.

KennyB

I'm hearing ya. I actually came across two others recently OC'ing. The first one spotted me OC'ing first in the Ellington Big Y and struck up a conversation, the other a female I spotted in Walmart in E. Windsor and I complemented here on her choice of firearm (a Sig 229)!! Believe her name was Jennifer. Anyways, it's nice to see others beside myself exercising their right to OC. Carry one!!