Thread: Had a break in - Hand gun stolen

Had a break in - Hand gun stolen

I live in the STL area. Clayton/Ladue/U-City.

Last night I had a break in and a hand gun stolen. Police reports have been filed but if anyone should see anything please contact me.

Black FN FNP .45 with Streamlight TLR-1. Serial # is: 61DMN01638
    Last edited by Big Boy; 06-05-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post
    I live in the STL area. Clayton/Ladue/U-City.

Last night I had a break in and a hand gun stolen. Police reports have been filed but if anyone should see anything please contact me.

Black FN FNP .45 with Streamlight TLR-1. Serial # is: 61DMN01638

Aaron
    eightonesix.863.threeoneeightnine
    Bummer ... insurance doing you any good with this?

Would your ins. co. raise your rates or drop you -- you know, being a terrorist having a gun an' all.

...sorry to hear of your trouble...this may help you know what to expect if it was pawned/sold to a pawn shop in MO...

http://www.heartlandconnection.com/n...4#.U4-0lLkU9LM

...some will actively help you if they can...some follow the requirements of the law...there's usually a wait before they can sell it, giving the locals time to match the buy slip to the police stolen reports...

...hope you get it back soon!

Unfortunately my insurance deductible is too high to cover it.

I had just been in talks last week with my agent about changing some things on my policy...was waiting for him to get back to me.

It sucks.

I had just been in talks last week with my agent about changing some things on my policy...was waiting for him to get back to me.

It sucks.
    are you a member of the NRA, if yearly or on year to year renewable basis, you must 'turn on the insurance' but if you happen to be a life member, you are automatically covered for 2.5K theft, loss, etc., firearm insurance.

you can be p1$$'d with NRA political views but sometimes they have some fringe benefits ppl forget about.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    ...sorry to hear of your trouble...this may help you know what to expect if it was pawned/sold to a pawn shop in MO...

http://www.heartlandconnection.com/n...4#.U4-0lLkU9LM

...some will actively help you if they can...some follow the requirements of the law...there's usually a wait before they can sell it, giving the locals time to match the buy slip to the police stolen reports...

...hope you get it back soon!
    the article flatly states, if the police want to check the pawn shop's local database. if a bad guy goes to an FFL and trades the firearm in there is no ability for the FFL to check the stolen firearms list the FBI maintains so LE anywhere can get an instant read if the firearm they have in their immediate possession is stolen, etc.

keep hounding the LE (Det) for your firearm, at least monthly...hey did you check the pawn logs lately? truly the olde adage of the squeaky wheel does pay off, as evidenced by someone in NC who managed to get his firearm back after almost a year.

addendum btw, i just checked with the individual who lost his 5.7, and they said they called FNH USA and gave them the S/N and told them it was stolen, and if it came in for service to notify local police. he also said he then visited every gun range and gun shop in the area and advised them if they saw someone with this type of gun to give the police a call immediately.
    Last edited by solus; 06-05-2014 at 10:42 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

It sucks.
    Big bite of crap sandwich!!

However, I know this is water under the bridge but, chat with your agent/broker about a floater/personal article policy for your firearms. Many times, it is without a deductible, up to whatever the value of your firearms that are listed. Usually very inexpensive.

Again, sorry to hear about the thief! Hope your guns gets recovered and the dirt bag gets something too!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Banned
    Looks like the OP needs to replace a gun ... consider building one custom .... fun project.

My first build, it went click but no bang ... fun figuring out why (stoopid mistake) ... and I make all my guns to be easier takedown for cleaning than any guns on the market . nice.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 06-07-2014 at 02:24 PM.

Sorry to hear about the loss, especially with the insurance issue..bummer.

davidmcbeth, I'd love to build my own, but it's hard to find people to help with guidance. Talking online is one thing, but actually seeing things is waaaaay different, at least for me.