• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had a break in - Hand gun stolen

Big Boy

I live in the STL area. Clayton/Ladue/U-City.

Last night I had a break in and a hand gun stolen. Police reports have been filed but if anyone should see anything please contact me.

Black FN FNP .45 with Streamlight TLR-1. Serial # is: 61DMN01638

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I live in the STL area. Clayton/Ladue/U-City.

Last night I had a break in and a hand gun stolen. Police reports have been filed but if anyone should see anything please contact me.

Black FN FNP .45 with Streamlight TLR-1. Serial # is: 61DMN01638

Aaron
eightonesix.863.threeoneeightnine

Bummer ... insurance doing you any good with this?

Would your ins. co. raise your rates or drop you -- you know, being a terrorist having a gun an' all.

sheepdog

...sorry to hear of your trouble...this may help you know what to expect if it was pawned/sold to a pawn shop in MO...

http://www.heartlandconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=704254#.U4-0lLkU9LM

...some will actively help you if they can...some follow the requirements of the law...there's usually a wait before they can sell it, giving the locals time to match the buy slip to the police stolen reports...

...hope you get it back soon!

Big Boy

Unfortunately my insurance deductible is too high to cover it.

I had just been in talks last week with my agent about changing some things on my policy...was waiting for him to get back to me.

It sucks.

solus

I had just been in talks last week with my agent about changing some things on my policy...was waiting for him to get back to me.

It sucks.

are you a member of the NRA, if yearly or on year to year renewable basis, you must 'turn on the insurance' but if you happen to be a life member, you are automatically covered for 2.5K theft, loss, etc., firearm insurance.

you can be p1$$'d with NRA political views but sometimes they have some fringe benefits ppl forget about.

ipse

solus

...sorry to hear of your trouble...this may help you know what to expect if it was pawned/sold to a pawn shop in MO...

http://www.heartlandconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=704254#.U4-0lLkU9LM

...some will actively help you if they can...some follow the requirements of the law...there's usually a wait before they can sell it, giving the locals time to match the buy slip to the police stolen reports...

...hope you get it back soon!

the article flatly states, if the police want to check the pawn shop's local database. if a bad guy goes to an FFL and trades the firearm in there is no ability for the FFL to check the stolen firearms list the FBI maintains so LE anywhere can get an instant read if the firearm they have in their immediate possession is stolen, etc.

keep hounding the LE (Det) for your firearm, at least monthly...hey did you check the pawn logs lately? truly the olde adage of the squeaky wheel does pay off, as evidenced by someone in NC who managed to get his firearm back after almost a year.

addendum btw, i just checked with the individual who lost his 5.7, and they said they called FNH USA and gave them the S/N and told them it was stolen, and if it came in for service to notify local police. he also said he then visited every gun range and gun shop in the area and advised them if they saw someone with this type of gun to give the police a call immediately.

Last edited:

Redbaron007

It sucks.

Big bite of crap sandwich!!

However, I know this is water under the bridge but, chat with your agent/broker about a floater/personal article policy for your firearms. Many times, it is without a deductible, up to whatever the value of your firearms that are listed. Usually very inexpensive.

Again, sorry to hear about the thief! Hope your guns gets recovered and the dirt bag gets something too!

davidmcbeth

Banned
Looks like the OP needs to replace a gun ... consider building one custom .... fun project.

My first build, it went click but no bang ... fun figuring out why (stoopid mistake) ... and I make all my guns to be easier takedown for cleaning than any guns on the market . nice.

Last edited:

NKCGunner

Sorry to hear about the loss, especially with the insurance issue..bummer.

davidmcbeth, I'd love to build my own, but it's hard to find people to help with guidance. Talking online is one thing, but actually seeing things is waaaaay different, at least for me.