Thread: Mad Women Against Guns warns Target on 'open carry' guns policy

Mad Women Against Guns warns Target on 'open carry' guns policy

Moms Demands Action for Gun Sense in America, which advocates strong gun regulation and is partly funded by former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg, said Wednesday that "Gun extremists have been using Target stores to promote their agenda of intimidation."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...icism/9945899/

Here is a most attractive shopper. Look at the icon-logo behind.

http://thelastbastille.files.wordpre...-at-target.jpg

http://www.ktuu.com/news/business/Mo...tores/26331192

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...eave-Guns-Home

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5446275.html
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-04-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

That is one sexy lady, bet she is a Mom too.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Im sure she would be intimidating to a potential robber or rapist but not to me.

I like her Fobus paddle holster.
    If you're not ashamed to own it, don't be ashamed to open carry it.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
    I like her Fobus paddle holster.
    I didn't notice the holster, was she wearing a holster?
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I didn't notice the holster, was she wearing a holster?
    Holster? Hmmm...didn't see one.

Oh wait, there it is.

Did notice the lack of rings on the "appropriate" finger, though.

Back to topic: Looks like the Moms Needing A Life are bullying businesses where there is no issue, again.

I wonder if the aforementioned lovely lady is an OCDO member?

You go girl!

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    Im sure she would be intimidating to a potential robber or rapist but not to me.
    She would break your heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ0Yd-Pburs

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    SNIP...Here is a most attractive shopper. Look at the icon-logo behind.

http://thelastbastille.files.wordpre...-at-target.jpg
    Agreed the lady looks VERY attractive to mine eyes (maybe because of the confident look, or the "I am not a victim" gaze); also, note the target is off to the side behind her, not ON her. "She is not a target" or "I am an armed woman, and I am not a target." I should make it a meme.

That is one sexy lady, bet she is a Mom too.
    Agreed. The latter would make it a win X2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    Isn't that funny? An armed lady being intimidating NOT to other armed Law-Abiding Citizens but to the criminal element that may wish to do her harm. Who would have thought?

We need to reach out to all our female family members, friends, and acquaintances to increase the presence of armed ladies, the REAL moms (because a true mother will PROTECT her young, not bury her head in the sand in hopes the danger goes away).
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 06-05-2014 at 04:24 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

OC of long guns, for no other reason than to make a statement, seems just a bit "over the top" to me. On the other hand, I certainly wouldn't condemn it. It's a valid expression of one's RKBA. Personally, I wouldn't do it without good reason (that 'good reason' may not be far off), but I do OC one of my handguns almost daily (there are a few places I go where firearms are disallowed by federal law). I believe that (here in Utah) so doing doesn't create quite the public spectacle that a long gun creates. Maybe these OC'ers were on their way to or from the range, or to or from hunting. Which raises the question: If you are coming from/going to a shooting activity, is it better to carry a long gun into a place of business, than it is to leave it in your vehicle - perhaps exposed? My 2¢... Pax
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Moms Demands Action for Gun Sense in America, which advocates strong gun regulation and is partly funded by former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg, said Wednesday that "Gun extremists have been using Target stores to promote their agenda of intimidation."
    "THEIR agenda of intimidation"?! What about YOUR agenda of intimidation AND bullying?!

Pot, meet kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    OC of long guns, for no other reason than to make a statement, seems just a bit "over the top" to me. On the other hand, I certainly wouldn't condemn it. It's a valid expression of one's RKBA. Personally, I wouldn't do it without good reason (that 'good reason' may not be far off), but I do OC one of my handguns almost daily (there are a few places I go where firearms are disallowed by federal law). I believe that (here in Utah) so doing doesn't create quite the public spectacle that a long gun creates. Maybe these OC'ers were on their way to or from the range, or to or from hunting. Which raises the question: If you are coming from/going to a shooting activity, is it better to carry a long gun into a place of business, than it is to leave it in your vehicle - perhaps exposed? My 2¢... Pax
    LGOC doesn't create a public spectacle either. Watch the Alan Colms interview with CJ Grishom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    LGOC doesn't create a public spectacle either. Watch the Alan Colms interview with CJ Grishom.
    Sorry, I can't listen to Alan Colmes whiny voice for more than 30 seconds a year. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Sorry, I can't listen to Alan Colmes whiny voice for more than 30 seconds a year. Pax...
    Alan Colms was a dick in the interview, but it's still with listening to.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's evidence to the contrary... such as the public spectacles that have occurred.
    Last edited by DaveT319; 06-08-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Start naming those spectacles.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I guess you haven't seen any of the threads lately? Chipotle, Jack in the Box, Home Depot...

Ohhh you mean the invented spectacles by some nut cases out of NY that were never there?

PT Barnum says...
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveT319 View Post
    I guess you haven't seen any of the threads lately? Chipotle, Jack in the Box, Home Depot...
    Ohhh you mean the invented spectacles by some nut cases out of NY that were never there?

PT Barnum says...
    Wow people are dense. I think everyone has "seen the threads lately" considering that someone has created one or more in nearly every subforum on here, except maybe the state subforums. Classifying what actually happened as a "spectacle" is either dishonest (if you've seen the truth and ignored it) or lazy (the truth is not outside your reach).
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 06-08-2014 at 03:21 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT319 View Post
    I guess you haven't seen my posts in those threads pointing out that there were no spectacles at any of those places?

OC of long guns, for no other reason than to make a statement, seems just a bit "over the top" to me. On the other hand, I certainly wouldn't condemn it. It's a valid expression of one's RKBA. Personally, I wouldn't do it without good reason (that 'good reason' may not be far off),
    I'm not sure exactly where I stand on the OC actions in TX - but I would tend to agree that their actions could have been a bit over the top, however, on the other hand, I also feel that it should not matter what kind of firearm we carry, OC or otherwise - Technically, in the hands of a law abiding citizen, there's really not much difference between OCing a handgun or OCing a long gun - neither one is a threat to anyone other than criminals. It comes down to how the sheep have been brainwashed to think 'guns = baaaad', and OC'd handguns tend to go unnoticed more than an OC'd rifle or shotgun (Either that or it's assumed that the person carrying the handgun is an off duty LEO).

Which raises the question: If you are coming from/going to a shooting activity, is it better to carry a long gun into a place of business, than it is to leave it in your vehicle - perhaps exposed? My 2¢... Pax
    My personal opinion is that it's irresponsible to leave a firearm unattended in vehicle, locked up or otherwise. Even if it's locked up, it's possible to steal the vehicle and gain access to the firearm later. And most commercial 'safes' that you might be able to use in a vehicle can be opened so quick n easy they're useless - and there's really no way to properly secure a long gun other than locking it in the trunk, which is only just so useful. IMO, there are only two places that can be considered responsible 'storage' of a firearm - at home in a REAL safe or on your person. My $.02

Some of those youtube videos linked in those mother jones stories really make some gun owners look like dicks. Like the big fat guy shooting through the MDA logo with his Glock and then making a dumb comment about mother's day. Anyone like that in this thread or on this board? If so, tell us why you behave like that.