Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moms Demand Action after Target Now

Moms Demand Action after Target Now

A gun reform group on Wednesday called on discount retail chain Target to ban
    the open carrying of firearms in its stores.

The petition from Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America follows demonstrations by a pro-gun group
    bringing long guns into Target stores.

Following the petition, Target spokeswoman Molly Snyder wrote in an email,
    "The safety and security of our guests and team members is our highest priority.
    Target does not sell firearms or ammunition and is committed to following all
    state and federal laws. However, I don't have any specific information to share
    regarding this organization."
    http://www.nbcnews.com/business/cons...target-n122556
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

After Targets data breach debacle I doubt the new CEO will risk his job to p/o an unknown % of his customer base.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    does not sell guns or ammunition

Maybe not, but these are all over the store.....

Sure looks gun friendly to me!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

The moms go after

Any location the mental giants in Texas post pictures of them being with their long guns.

Thank God they are in Texas and not Virginia, even though their actions are affecting us here.

Open Carry of a long gun is NOT for self defense. mIt is to show off and draw attention and so far, it hasn't been good for anyone but the ANTIs.

Congratulations Texas.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    Any location the mental giants in Texas post pictures of them being with their long guns.

Thank God they are in Texas and not Virginia, even though their actions are affecting us here.

Open Carry of a long gun is NOT for self defense. mIt is to show off and draw attention and so far, it hasn't been good for anyone but the ANTIs.

Congratulations Texas.
    I disagree .... it highlights what companies harbor anti sentiments. I want to know that.

People who complain? Are they offering to pay for the expenses of getting a CCW permit? No. Then shut up! Carry of rifles is legal and free.

Hopefully their actions result in gov't just allowing people to OC w/o any permitting or other BS requirements.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

Hopefully their actions result in gov't just allowing people to OC w/o any permitting or other BS requirements.
    Yeah Right!

It's more likely to make government ban it completely.

In Virginia, we could carry concealed without a permit since 1909, in hand luggage. You could carry in a purse or briefcase or saddlebag.....that was until a monumentally stupid woman named Schaaf decided to take her gun into a Henrico Courthouse....After all, she had a right. The Deputy actually missed the gun while looking into her purse and this woman said "It's in the bottom"....What's in the bottom? I have a gun.

Well the rest is history. Even though case law said it was OK and had been in effect for 70 years, the Henrico Judges disagreed and convicted her.

She appealed to the supreme court who said: Verdict affirmed.

In the real world.....when stupid people go out of their way to piss the government off, the government rarely just sits back and allows it.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Yeah Right!

It's more likely to make government ban it completely.

In Virginia, we could carry concealed without a permit since 1909, in hand luggage. You could carry in a purse or briefcase or saddlebag.....that was until a monumentally stupid woman named Schaaf decided to take her gun into a Henrico Courthouse....After all, she had a right. The Deputy actually missed the gun while looking into her purse and this woman said "It's in the bottom"....What's in the bottom? I have a gun.

Well the rest is history. Even though case law said it was OK and had been in effect for 70 years, the Henrico Judges disagreed and convicted her.

She appealed to the supreme court who said: Verdict affirmed.

In the real world.....when stupid people go out of their way to piss the government off, the government rarely just sits back and allows it.
    I'm confused, if it was legal, how is it her fault?

I would blame the Govt a lot more than I would a woman following the law.

Unless I misunderstood and what she did was illegal.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Legalities are of little concern to the state and their goons.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by ron73440 View Post
    I'm confused, if it was legal, how is it her fault?

I would blame the Govt a lot more than I would a woman following the law.

Unless I misunderstood and what she did was illegal.
    That's the problem with a lot of OC'ers....They don't understand,,,and I mean no offence to you Ron.

Carrying it in her purse was perfectly legal and that court decision benefited everyone in Va.

Carrying it in the Court House was not legal and she knew damn well it wasn't. She was just exercising her rights AKA showing off.

Well, it backfired and adversely affected everyone in Va.

There is no such thing as fighting to keep rights without some discipline. If I'm in a firefight over my rights, I want to try to not get shot in the process.
    If I'm demonstrating a right to gain acceptance, I try not to shock the people that I'm asking to accept that right.

There has been a lot of debate about Djeeper and his AR but the fact is, he looked like the poster boy for fashion today...while those two in Texas looked like the self fertilized offspring between Badger Johnson and his alter ego Sawah.

OC of longarms in the way that OCT is practicing isn't primarily intended as self-defense, or for "attention" - at least not how I percieve you mean it.

They are using longarm carry as political speech, to draw attention to the fact that handgun OC isn't legal. I don't believe it's effective for that purpose, but from a legal persepective I believe it would be protected under both the First and Second amendments. It's political speech.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I disagree .... it highlights what companies harbor anti sentiments. I want to know that.

People who complain? Are they offering to pay for the expenses of getting a CCW permit? No. Then shut up! Carry of rifles is legal and free.

Really?

Would you mind toning down the aggression just a tad? Your call to silence dissent is ineffective and honestly paints you in a bad light. No one is going to stop disagreeing with you because you yelled at them.

Ron, I'd like to point out that long arms are particularly vulnerable in Va. because they're partially exempted from preemption. The General Assembly let stand outdated hunting laws that have been used to ban loaded long guns in vehicles. Senator Garrett, the man who wants to be User, Sponsored SB368 this year that would allow CHP holders to have loaded long guns, but not lowly OC'ers. He freely admitted he doesn't consider long arm carry a 2A right.
    Support for that bill was the last P4P straw for me.

BTW, I spoke to his office the other day and he already has more stupid legislation in the works for next session. SB stands for "Stupid Bill" to him.

With an anti gun Governor and spineless General assembly, it wouldn't take much to prohibit long gun carry in Va. except while hunting or target shooting, except by permit holders.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Legalities are of little concern to the state and their goons.
    Of course, because some of the people pat them on the back, as long as it does not affect them directly. Problem is, the poop always flows down sooner or later and gets you. The answer is plug the poop hole to begin with.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndsy Simon View Post
    Really?

Would you mind toning down the aggression just a tad? Your call to silence dissent is ineffective and honestly paints you in a bad light. No one is going to stop disagreeing with you because you yelled at them.
    Some things you'll eventually learn about the poster to whom you addressed your post are 1) the poster shows up on nearly every thread to make non-contributory posts, and 2) "getting a clue" is a big, BIG request to make.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Yeah Right!
    .....that was until a monumentally stupid woman named Schaaf decided to take her gun into a Henrico Courthouse....After all, she had a right. The Deputy actually missed the gun while looking into her purse and this woman said "It's in the bottom"....What's in the bottom? I have a gun.

A very interesting read! http://www.virginia1774.org/Schaaf.html
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Except they're not a 'gun reform group', whatever that is. They're a bunch of extremists without a brain among them. You'd think women, a social group that has been abused historically would WANT a means of leveling the playing field and keep predators and abusers at bay.

They've totally missed the fact that it is THEY who should be carrying a firearm to protect themselves and their children.
    Last edited by Maverick9; 06-05-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Except they're not a 'gun reform group', whatever that is. They're a bunch of extremists without a brain among them. You'd think women, a social group that has been abused historically would WANT a means of leveling the playing field and keep predators and abusers at bay.

They've totally missed the fact that it is THEY who should be carrying a firearm to protect themselves and their children.
    The strange part is there are men who are Moms Demanding Action. I can understand their level of pain, childbirth must have been extremely painful.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

The link in the OP only mentions a "pro-gun group bringing long guns into Target stores." I haven't seen any documentation of this actually occurring. Does anyone have a link to a demonstration? Or is this something else the Moms made up?

Nevermind, found it:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthi...pons-in-target
    Last edited by Running Wolf; 06-05-2014 at 02:01 PM.
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Some things you'll eventually learn about the poster to whom you addressed your post are 1) the poster shows up on nearly every thread to make non-contributory posts, and 2) "getting a clue" is a big, BIG request to make.
    That's OK.

Asking someone to tone it down might not actually get them to do it, but it lets outsiders know that we don't accept that level of rhetoric as a social norm.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The strange part is there are men who are Moms Demanding Action. I can understand their level of pain, childbirth must have been extremely painful.
    It's a stalker technique. Assimilate within the crowd. Eventually the "Demand Action" part will present itself.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    They were either surrogate moms or p'haps women-w/o-wombs....
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    I've read it Jim...I was with the state then working with the Judge's daughter who was responsible in Henrico. Things were ...uncomfortable in the office.

Regular Member Liberty-or-Death's Avatar
    ... even though their actions are affecting us here. ....
    Is there any cite available for effects felt in VA from the OCT/MDA issue beyond the heartburn of opinions shared online? Just curious.
    Be active.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty-or-Death View Post
    Is there any cite available for effects felt in VA from the OCT/MDA issue beyond the heartburn of opinions shared online? Just curious.
    Probably not, most reactions are purely emotional based on hyperbole, rumor, and outright lies.

Two things to keep in mind, who would MDA be going after if not open carry? Would they stop their demands if OC people capitulate?

I belong to SLS, a adult site not related to firearms. It has a political forum with with every flavor of politics and believes. The topic of MDA, and OC, has yet to be raised. Here is a link to the offline forums, go to political forums and you will see NOTHING on this issue.

http://www.swinglifestyle.com/forums.../viewforum.cfm
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

From the Chipotle thread

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty-or-Death View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/01...o-guns-policy/

"USA Today said Chipotle implemented its no-gun policy after protests two weekends ago by the gun rights group Open Carry Texas."

"Other places where guns aren’t welcome are Starbucks, Wendy's, Jack In The Box, and Applebee’s."

These are all here in Virginia and follow corporate policy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast