Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 94

Thread: Juror refused right to be a jury over asking about lock box

  1. #1
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Juror refused right to be a jury over asking about lock box

    A juror was informed he was not wanted as a juror, for asking them about a lockbox.......how many of us has had issue with them not following the law!

    http://www.dailypaul.com/320079/wa-j...rearm-in-lock-
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    That is unacceptable I hope he follows through demanding some training at a minimum. The judge needs some education as well.
    Last edited by Jeff Hayes; 06-05-2014 at 12:19 AM.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

  3. #3
    Regular Member ghosthunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    MOUNT VERNON, Washington, USA
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    A juror was informed he was not wanted as a juror, for asking them about a lockbox.......how many of us has had issue with them not following the law!

    http://www.dailypaul.com/320079/wa-j...rearm-in-lock-

    Lots of talk here. HuntWashington Form

    http://hunting-washington.com/smf/in...,154519.0.html

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,277
    Can you say USC 42 section 1983 violation.

    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

  5. #5
    Opt-Out Members BigDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    That is unacceptable I hope he follows through demanding some training at a minimum. The judge needs some education as well.
    Jeff he needs to make them pay until it hurts and then some more. Likely this is the only way to get their attention which will ensure they get the training they really need.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Jeff he needs to make them pay until it hurts and then some more. Likely this is the only way to get their attention which will ensure they get the training they really need.
    Agreed, the language used by the officer was enough for me, then there was the assault.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Can you say USC 42 section 1983 violation.

    CCJ
    You don't have a right to be on a jury....not an individual right anyway...

    But this might change that !

  8. #8
    Regular Member Geerolla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    WA, USA
    Posts
    118
    With each new encounter I'm still amazed at how law enforcement officers can be so ignorant of the laws they're tasked to uphold. And to call an informed citizen a ********* when he actually knows the laws you're supposed to? What a disgrace.


    Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

  9. #9
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    HE should sue them for assault and violating state law.

    Edit

    I got my issue fixed after a couple of phone calls.

    http://youtu.be/D-YxIqB4GEY
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 06-05-2014 at 07:40 AM.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  10. #10
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,277
    My understanding is that jury duty, is a DUTY, though not a right it is more compelling as there is no choice. The officers were wrong to deny him from doing his duty, thereby putting him in violation of the law. They violated his civil rights by denying his duty.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    That is unacceptable I hope he follows through demanding some training at a minimum. The judge needs some education as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    Jeff he needs to make them pay until it hurts and then some more. Likely this is the only way to get their attention which will ensure they get the training they really need.
    +1

    Officials need to start being prosecuted.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    My understanding is that jury duty, is a DUTY, though not a right it is more compelling as there is no choice. The officers were wrong to deny him from doing his duty, thereby putting him in violation of the law. They violated his civil rights by denying his duty.
    You are right my title should have been worded better, was paraphrasing the article.

    The defendant has the right to a trial by jury. Seems to me the courthouse doesn't want this type of juror.......me wonders why.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  13. #13
    Regular Member tombrewster421's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Roy, WA
    Posts
    1,329
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    My understanding is that jury duty, is a DUTY, though not a right it is more compelling as there is no choice. The officers were wrong to deny him from doing his duty, thereby putting him in violation of the law. They violated his civil rights by denying his duty.
    Absolutely!
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

  14. #14
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    I can guarantee that even if they summon him back for jury duty no prosecutor in their right mind would let him actually serve on a jury....

    I think this goon was a corrections officer, not an actual police officer...... But still he should pursue a civil case at least. Just go have the county prosecutor served with the complain they probably won't settle fast enough.....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  15. #15
    Regular Member Difdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by Geerolla View Post
    With each new encounter I'm still amazed at how law enforcement officers can be so ignorant of the laws they're tasked to uphold.
    What gets to me the most about that sort of thing is that all citizens are expected to have sufficient expertise in the law to avoid volating the law. As the saying goes, ignorance of the law is not an excuse. But the thing is, that expectation is based on the standard education and training ALL citizens at least theoretically receive.

    A police officer gets that same basic training everyone does -- I have never heard of a department that will hire an officer who lacks a high school diploma (or equivalent). On top of that, most police departments' hiring policies require that an applicant have either graduated from a police academy or have a couple years in college in a relevant field, and a few require both. By that standard, police are better trained in the law and its enforcement than any other citizens except judges and lawyers.

    And yet, while ignorance of the law is not an excuse for anyone else, it IS an excuse for police officers. How does that work, exactly?
    Last edited by Difdi; 06-05-2014 at 11:09 AM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Geerolla View Post
    With each new encounter I'm still amazed at how law enforcement officers can be so ignorant of the laws they're tasked to uphold.
    Because they are law enforcement professionals. They know the most effective way to use handcuffs, the best places to put a pain compliance hold, where (and where not) to strike with a baton, and how to "cuff 'em and stuff 'em", that's their profession. Whether something is a violation of the law is matter for another party to decide; the county solicitor.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Batousaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kitsap Co., Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,234
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Lots of talk here. HuntWashington Form

    http://hunting-washington.com/smf/in...,154519.0.html
    - (reading comments) I love how so many are willing to let the Government (Public Servants) roll off em and go to sleep, ... and just accept it... Sad...

    - I hope that Juror gets a laywer and goes full throttle.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Dave_pro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Geerolla View Post
    With each new encounter I'm still amazed at how law enforcement officers can be so
    evil

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    And yet, while ignorance of the law is not an excuse for anyone else, it IS an excuse for police officers. How does that work, exactly?
    What makes it look worse is the officer is a sergeant that you would expect to know and understand the law better since they usually are involved in training. What do you usually do when you dont like the response from the officer, ask for a supervisor who is supposed to be more knowledgeable and professional. so this supervisor doesnt know the law about providing secure storage in a courthouse or about recording public officials (no he didnt need permission, even if he was a "d-bag" attorney). Then it gets worse, the sergeant gets visibly flustered and starts name calling and degrading the guy, in front of subordinates. The same as saying it's ok to treat the public like "d-bag" because the supervisor does it and if there is a complaint, the supervisor gets to look into it. If that's how their sergeants act, makes you wonder how the rest of the leadership will act if they look into this.
    Last edited by madicarus; 06-05-2014 at 11:56 AM.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Dave_pro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by madicarus View Post
    What makes it look worse is the officer is a sergeant that you would expect to know and understand the law better since they usually are involved in training. What do you usually do when you dont like the response from the officer, ask for a supervisor who is supposed to be more knowledgeable and professional. so this supervisor doesnt know the law about providing secure storage in a courthouse or about recording public officials (no he didnt need permission, even if he was a "d-bag" attorney). Then it gets worse, the sergeant gets visibly flustered and starts name calling and degrading the guy, in front of subordinates. The same as saying it's ok to treat the public like "d-bag" because the supervisor does it and if there is a complaint, the supervisor gets to look into it. If that's how their sergeants act, makes you wonder how the rest of the leadership will act if they look into this.
    Ahh, paramilitary. Attracting the best, brightest and most ethical since.... never?

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    The Brass balls award has been offered to this guy in a PM.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I can guarantee that even if they summon him back for jury duty no prosecutor in their right mind would let him actually serve on a jury...
    But that is the prosecutor's call to make, and he has to do it in the courtroom and use his allowances for dismissing jurors to do it. They can't screen prospective jurors, by ANY method, in the lobby.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  23. #23
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    The Brass balls award has been offered to this guy in a PM.
    +1
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  24. #24
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    But that is the prosecutor's call to make, and he has to do it in the courtroom and use his allowances for dismissing jurors to do it. They can't screen prospective jurors, by ANY method, in the lobby.

    Which makes this even more sickening.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Brass balls award on the way first thing in the morning.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •