• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Juror refused right to be a jury over asking about lock box

Dave_pro2a

I don't see where anyone has a "RIGHT" to be a juror. There is a process.

I don't see where the Government has a "Right" to conscript people into jury duty.

But I understand there's a 'process' for that. It would be nice if those who enforce the law would also follow the law.

Dave_pro2a

I do no believe that I suggested the government has a right.

It's called a duty. A person may dismissed that duty for many many reasons.

They can call it dooty all they want, if they threaten you with jail for failure to comply then they better damn well have the Right.

Global warming became climate change. The words the gov uses aren't choosen by mistake. "Duty" is just being used to pull at heartstrings and increase... compliance.

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

I am done with you. Pack on a rifle and a thigh cannon and find attention at Starbucks. It will held your feeble ego.

HA_HA_-NELSON_SIMPSONS.jpg

brad98801

The Wenatchee World news paper has commented on the video and been in contact with the poster and as of an hour ago they posted on their facebook page that they are looking into the issue and will have a story in their news paper on either sunday or Tuesday but I don't expect many people to be able to read it as they have made their website a pay to read site.

sudden valley gunner

EMN and Primus was arguing not too long ago how the system is fair that the prosecutor gets to dismiss jurors because the defense gets too too.

This puts to lie that reasoning.

The defendant has a right to jury trial. For the prosecutor to have peremptory power to choose is atrocious to liberty, for the prosecutor to have a choice at all in jury selection is atrocious to liberty. They are not about justice, they are about the same things EriK and Primus are about statist control and mindless robots who must be punished if they don't follow the states "rules". Which negates why there is supposed to be the right to trial by jury in the first place.

tombrewster421

Classic example of why public school has failed America.

During the 32 years between 1982 and 2011 safety standards for motor vehicles were increased. Many states increased their drinking age, and wide spread anti-DUI educational campaigns were implemented. Oh, and a lot of states passed seat belt laws.

But all the above couldn't have possible contributed to the decline in DUI deaths, huh?

Plus to be fair you should remove all deaths from accidents where all parties were drunk. "Zero sum' lol

+1

Education is key. The same way it is for firearm safety. Accidents decrease when the public is educated on proper usage of tools period. Car gun saw, makes no difference.

EMNofSeattle

Classic example of why public school has failed America.

During the 32 years between 1982 and 2011 safety standards for motor vehicles were increased. Many states increased their drinking age, and wide spread anti-DUI educational campaigns were implemented. Oh, and a lot of states passed seat belt laws.

But all the above couldn't have possible contributed to the decline in DUI deaths, huh?

Plus to be fair you should remove all deaths from accidents where all parties were drunk. "Zero sum' lol

No we should not. I can't see how you're even attempting to argue this with me, because you're not basically arguing that all the lives were saved because of every other law you'd nullify if given a chance.......

Ok, the other victimless crime laws you rail against saved hundreds of thousands of lives. You win :rolleyes:

Dave_pro2a

No we should not. I can't see how you're even attempting to argue this with me, because you're not basically arguing that all the lives were saved because of every other law you'd nullify if given a chance.......

Ok, the other victimless crime laws you rail against saved hundreds of thousands of lives. You win :rolleyes:

I'm saying you can't attribute a drop on DUI deaths, over a 32 year span, solely to the passage of drunk driving laws.

Other factors are involved:

Mandatory seat belt laws
A rise in the minimum drinking age (used to be 18, or even 16 in some states iirc).
Cars have increasingly effective passive and active safety features.
Anti drinking and driving education starts in grade school afaik, and supported by PSAs on radio and TV.
Oh, and fewer kids are driving, and I suspect that's the demographic most subject to DUI fatalities.

Case in point:
http://www.rmiia.org/auto/teens/Teen_Driving_Statistics.asp
A total of 3,023 teenagers ages 13-19 died in motor vehicle crashes in 2011. This is 65 percent fewer than in 1975 and 3 percent fewer than in 2010.

You can't award drunk driving laws the prize for causing the decline in teenage driver deaths. It is a combination of factors that caused the decrease.

Dave_pro2a

Clearly not obviously. Unless like so many he is looking to be a victim. If that's the case blame his parents.

Yeah, what a screwed up individual.

Expecting an officer of the court to follow the law. Totally unrealistic, must be due to a bad upbringing..