Thread: I'm going unarmed

I'm going unarmed

For the first time in over a year I'm going unarmed. Circumstances beyond my control dictate I must be in Illinois, mostly Chitcago, for the next two days. Locked, secured and ammo separated from the firearm. Bleh. At least I get to go to Six Flags.

Banned
    You can have your gun in your trunk .. in a locked container....

Just carry your car around with you !

Heck, save on parking.

And watch out for those traffic cameras - they are everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    [ ... ]At least I get to go to Six Flags.
    Priorities, priorities, priorities, but a man's got to know his limitations.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    We thought you were talking about a battle of wits.............
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I thought rollercoasters were a priority?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    You can have your gun in your trunk .. in a locked container....

Just carry your car around with you !

Heck, save on parking.

And watch out for those traffic cameras - they are everywhere.

None in Libertyville so far...but apparently it's 911 worthy to take the kids to the park at 10pm after a 6 hour drive. The cop was all "why are we swinging this late? It's not safe to swing after dark.". Lol I know dude

You may carry a loaded gun in your car and keep it there if you have a privilege card from your home state.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/illinois.pdf
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Does anybody know if fanny pack carry is still legal in Illinois?
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Does anybody know if fanny pack carry is still legal in Illinois?
    Many county DAs will not prosecute for this .. but Crook County is not one ... nor is Lake

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    You may carry a loaded gun in your car and keep it there if you have a privilege card from your home state.

Yep. You beat me to it.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post

I can't find it in the PDF...can you copy and paste?

Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    I can't find it in the PDF...can you copy and paste?
    While mainly addressing unlicensed carry, it's in there. Start on the bottom half of page 9;
    RV/Car Carry Without A Permit/License

NOTE: As the law states below, “is eligible to carry a firearm in public under the laws of his or her state or
    territory of residence. The Illinois State Police in three different emails to people that I have seen are stating
    that you have to have a permit/license from your “Home State.” Handgunlaw.us highly recommends you
    not vehicle carry without a valid permit/license from your state of residence while traveling in your vehicle
    in Illinois. The Illinois State Police also had this addressed in their FAQs but that wording has disappeared
    from there.

Section 40

(e) Nothing in this Act shall prohibit a non-resident from transporting a concealed firearm within his or her
    vehicle in Illinois, if the concealed firearm remains within his or her vehicle and the non-resident:
    (1) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under federal law;
    (2) is eligible to carry a firearm in public under the laws of his or her state or territory of residence; and
    (3) is not in possession of a license under this Act. If the non-resident leaves his or her vehicle
    Unattended, he or she shall store the firearm within a locked vehicle or locked container within the
    vehicle in accordance with subsection (b) of Section 65 of this Act.

Subsection (b) of Section 65 States:

(b) Notwithstanding subsections (a), (a-5), and (a-10) of this Section except under paragraph (22) or (23) of
    subsection (a), any licensee prohibited from carrying a concealed firearm into the parking area of a
    prohibited location specified in subsection (a), (a-5), or (a-10) of this Section shall be permitted to carry a
    concealed firearm on or about his or her person within a vehicle into the parking area and may store a
    firearm or ammunition concealed in a case within a locked vehicle or locked container out of plain view
    within the vehicle in the parking area. A licensee may carry a concealed firearm in the immediate area
    surrounding his or her vehicle within a prohibited parking lot area only for the limited purpose of storing or
    retrieving a firearm within the vehicle's trunk, provided the licensee ensures the concealed firearm is
    unloaded prior to exiting the vehicle. For purposes of this subsection, "case" includes a glove compartment
    or console that completely encloses the concealed firearm or ammunition, the trunk of the vehicle, or a
    firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container.
    Last edited by MAC702; 06-05-2014 at 03:23 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Thanks

"OCing" a fanny pack should be a crime regardless of the contents.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Before South Carolina legalized concealed carry with their Law Abiding Citizens Self-Defense Act of 1996, my local PD taught that males wearing fanny packs were probably illegally concealing - PC/RAS.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    http://www.quickmeme.com/img/f0/f01d...c509394351.jpg

Whaaaat? We need our fanny packs !