Thread: Cluster blank robbery

Cluster blank robbery

I thought this was interesting, a friend called us to tell us of a shootout in the Walmart parking lot, apparently the victim got robbed, followed the robbers, then engaged in a shootout in the crowded parking lot. These yay hoos were standing only feet from each other and nobody could hit anybody. It is a wonder that people in the lot did not get shot.

What baffles me is if the robbers took the man's phone and wallet, why didn't they take his gun? And after he was robbed, and then safe did he endanger his life over a phone and wallet?

The damage to his car is probably much more than the cost of a phone and replacing credit cards and ID's.

http://www.wral.com/man-charged-afte...mart/13701267/
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I thought this was interesting, a friend called us to tell us of a shootout in the Walmart parking lot, apparently the victim got robbed, followed the robbers, then engaged in a shootout in the crowded parking lot. These yay hoos were standing only feet from each other and nobody could hit anybody. It is a wonder that people in the lot did not get shot.

What baffles me is if the robbers took the man's phone and wallet, why didn't they take his gun? And after he was robbed, and then safe did he endanger his life over a phone and wallet?

The damage to his car is probably much more than the cost of a phone and replacing credit cards and ID's.

http://www.wral.com/man-charged-afte...mart/13701267/
    Maybe it was concealed?!? That tactical advantage did not go over very well so he figured he'd give chase...by golly, he is going to shoot someone!
    Last edited by Bernymac; 06-05-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernymac View Post
    Maybe it was concealed?!?
    Well the information was updated, I'll try to post it later. The police stated they found no weapons, though there was lawn furniture with holes in them. It seems all the players knew each other and were meeting at Walmart for an unspecified reason. The police claim the victim did not fire, but we talked directly to a eye witness that stated the robbery victim fired the first shots. It seems the armed robber with a gun, got away, but the victims gun magically disappeared. Betting someone finds a ditched gun in Walmart.

Drug deal gone bad? Sex meeting gone bad? I have no idea, but the whole thing stinks.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

People of Walmart perhaps?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Doesn't read like anything near self defense to me. I've read that some state allow you to chase a felon but (and I'm not saying that is the case here) that doesn't make it a good idea.
    Last edited by willy1094; 06-05-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Funny, wasn't there a ditched gun in a Target just recently?

Quote Originally Posted by willy1094 View Post
    Doesn't read like anything near self defense to me. I've read that some state allow you to chase a felon but (and I'm not saying that is the case here) that doesn't make it a good idea.

Or an ethical one.

I see no reason to kill over a wallet or cell phone. Stupid is as stupid does.

...robbery victim didn't have a gun or shoot at anyone...just chased the robbers and tried to prevent their escape...messed up his car which probably cost more than his wallet and cellphone...common sense is in short supply these days...

http://www.sanfordherald.com/x123586...ing-at-Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    ...robbery victim didn't have a gun or shoot at anyone...just chased the robbers and tried to prevent their escape...messed up his car which probably cost more than his wallet and cellphone...common sense is in short supply these days...

http://www.sanfordherald.com/x123586...ing-at-Walmart
    Eyewitness says different, but either way it was a stupid move.

I haven't looked yet, but a employee when I asked about the furniture that had bullet holes said it was the employee picnic table, WHICH would have been fire coming from the victim shooting.

Not sure why SPD is giving a totally different statement when several people saw the victim start the shooting.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 06-19-2014 at 09:58 AM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump