Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who are you and what do you carry

Who are you and what do you carry

I thought it'd be interesting to make a thread as a way of introducing new people to the forums and also showcasing what we may each individually be carrying. I know about the meet ups but I honestly barely get a second to myself.

I personally carry a Smith&Wesson M&P9 full size in a Safari land GLS holster.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1401976402110.jpg 
Views:	446 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	11677

Bought a GLS holster at Dana safety supply in greensboro, was surprised they were 32 bux, as I saw the ALS for 60 bux at random places.

Now does anyone know a good place that sells MP Magazines and double mag pouches?
    Last edited by Vagrant; 06-05-2014 at 10:01 AM.

My EDC is a Beretta 96 INOX

Being from Texas, I carry it IWB in a Crossbreed Supertuck

During the winter I will occasionally carry the M&P9 Pro in a Comp-tac OWB holster, but I rarely carry that one since it's my competition gun and I rarely clean it.

Can't wait until we get OC so I can get a nice BBQ gun

EDC Glock 23 in serpa holster or blade tech nano iwb.

BUG is bodyguard .380. Currently looking for ankle holster for it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

I carry a Sig P226 in a Alessi IWB or a Safariland ALS OWB
    Last edited by Tomc51; 06-05-2014 at 03:50 PM.

EDC is a Para-Ordnance P-14 (13+1) ,45 carried in a Ross Leather Pancake using the belt slot for a 45* forward cant.

I also will occasionally carry a GLOCK 19 in a Galco ******* shoulder holster (also have a belt slide and an IWB) if I feel the need I have a GLOCK 20 (10mm) and a Ross Leather Pancake.

If I carry a BUG I have a Grendal (first one I ever saw) and carry left rear pocket, wife has a S&W 642 (internal hammer light weight "J" frame with Crimson Trace grips)

Everything is loaded with Cor-Bon DPX (bullet is the Barns all copper hollow point)

I carry;OCW SA1911A1 .45 in OWB SERPA. CCW H&K USPc .40 VersaCarry II IWB ammo is FEDERAL EFMJ

I am an elite citizen.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I was sort of thinking that Vagrant started this thread here in the North Carolina subforum so as to find out what handguns his fellow Tarheels are carrying. But since several from other states have chimed in, reckon one more wouldn't hurt.

Actually I have a carry gun choice that's specific to North Carolina visits (okay, visits to any state with bears, mountain lions, etc.)...A Glock model 20 in 10mm. Apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way. Two different times when at the National Forest public ranges, I encountered other Glock 20 owners/users. And at a gun shop over in Maryville Tn., I saw a large batch of G-20 police trade ins from a nearby sheriff's department. (The agency was getting the same gun but one generation newer.) The clerk told me that the 10mm was a good seller in general around the Smoky Mountain region, not just the guns but ammo too.

Quote Originally Posted by brian d. View Post
    i was sort of thinking that vagrant started this thread here in the north carolina subforum so as to find out what handguns his fellow tarheels are carrying.[ ... ]
    hth
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant View Post
    i thought it'd be interesting to make a thread as a way of introducing new people to the forums and also showcasing what we may each individually be carrying.[ ... ]

I am me.

What I carry? Depends. But one thing stays consistent - I hope to never have to use it.

And to clarify:
    It is never a question of "are you paranoid?". Its a question of "are you paranoid enough?"

1911, either a compact for weight savings or full size in a Serpa OWB loaded with 200gr soft cast powder coated pentagonal hollow points.
    We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.

Thomas Jefferson

PX4 storm .40 full sized is what i carry. And I'm me.

Oh and I'm always loaded with hollow points.

Banned
    Sounds like a question from a gov't agent ....

I decline to answer ....

Ok guys, it's your right to accept or decline to answer, but if you decline then why even post in the thread?

Also does the avatar picture of myself really seem police like?

Yes, clearly you are deep undercover. Thought you could fool us!??!? NEVER!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edit:
    My name is James, (if you couldn't tell by the username then...)
    My EDC is Glock 23 in a BH Serpa lvl2
    when I choose to carry a BUG, it is a Bersa thunder CC in a pocket holster
    When I choose to carry A knife, it's a sharp one.
    When I carry a vice recorder, it's a cheap one.

Also, to think that the goverment doesn't already know what you own, who you are, where you live, etc, is quite silly.
    Last edited by Jamesm760; 06-17-2014 at 11:04 AM.
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

Depends on my mood what I carry, lately it has been a Glock 22. I used to carry two revolvers, but the Glock is lighter.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

My name is Nathan and I carry a S&W SD40VE usually. Two Sundays from now I will be carrying a super scawy black shotgun with a few friends in Somerset WI. One will be carrying an AR pistol, most will be carrying handguns and some may carry even scawyer weapons, like my mosin which I am borrowing to a pal.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Sounds like a question from a gov't agent ....

I decline to answer ....

if that's the case the they already know what you got. The camera systems on those predator drones can even read the writing on the barrel. Satellite cameras are even better.

Whatever you think your government is up to, it's probably much worse.

I carry a stock Glock 19 Gen4 with a Blackhawk Serpa and Double Mag Case. Looking to get some night sights eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by EGM 69 View Post
    I carry a stock Glock 19 Gen4 with a Blackhawk Serpa and Double Mag Case. Looking to get some night sights eventually...
    Mind a suggestion? I've been putting tritium on carry guns for a while now and lately figured out that I really only need it on the front sight. Works better for me because it's quicker to get a good enough sight picture in low-to-no light conditions. Been to some classes and matches where we were doing all this stuff on shot timers so the speed thing isn't a guess.

Saves money too, which is good because I'm a cheapskate, sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    Mind a suggestion? I've been putting tritium on carry guns for a while now and lately figured out that I really only need it on the front sight. Works better for me because it's quicker to get a good enough sight picture in low-to-no light conditions. Been to some classes and matches where we were doing all this stuff on shot timers so the speed thing isn't a guess.

Saves money too, which is good because I'm a cheapskate, sort of.
    Thanks for your input! Your experience is very valuable! That will definitely save me some time and money (I'm a cheapskate too ). I'm hoping to get my hands on a couple different night-sigh equipped guns and try it out for myself as well. Which sights did you find to work best for you Brian?

Quote Originally Posted by EGM 69 View Post
    Don't rely completely on night sights. Make sure you know your target, and that means illuminating it with a good strong light. I myself have little use for night sights. I prefer a good strong flashlight, at least 1,000 lumen. With the target brightly illuminated I can see the silhouette of my sights without issue.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I was taught to not use any light in defensive shooting. "If it's dark, keep it dark." Preserve your night vision and learn to point-shoot. My good range could adjust each lane's light level from black to bright and I shot COM in low light just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Don't rely completely on night sights. Make sure you know your target, and that means illuminating it with a good strong light. I myself have little use for night sights. I prefer a good strong flashlight, at least 1,000 lumen. With the target brightly illuminated I can see the silhouette of my sights without issue.
    I agree to not completely rely on them, especially when target identification is an issue. I am looking to get a good flashlight for my EDC (even when not carrying, as I will be at a university) although it will probably be in the 200 lumen range. I have shot my friend's Glock 19 with Crimson Trace LightGuard and I did get the silhouette effect you are talking about. I was able to shoot pretty well with it but I belive it would be even better in concert with a glowing front sight (Haven't tried it just a thought). Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I was taught to not use any light in defensive shooting. "If it's dark, keep it dark." Preserve your night vision and learn to point-shoot. My good range could adjust each lane's light level from black to bright and I shot COM in low light just fine.
    i was taught to use light to advantage, and to know the target so innocent people do not get hurt. If you are shooting at a shadow that shadow can be any one of things, hopefully it is a bad guy. But if not you should be screwed.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast