• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who are you and what do you carry

Vagrant

I thought it'd be interesting to make a thread as a way of introducing new people to the forums and also showcasing what we may each individually be carrying. I know about the meet ups but I honestly barely get a second to myself.

I personally carry a Smith&Wesson M&P9 full size in a Safari land GLS holster.

1401976402110.jpg

Bought a GLS holster at Dana safety supply in greensboro, was surprised they were 32 bux, as I saw the ALS for 60 bux at random places.

Now does anyone know a good place that sells MP Magazines and double mag pouches?

Last edited:

canvasbck

My EDC is a Beretta 96 INOX

Being from Texas, I carry it IWB in a Crossbreed Supertuck

During the winter I will occasionally carry the M&P9 Pro in a Comp-tac OWB holster, but I rarely carry that one since it's my competition gun and I rarely clean it.

Can't wait until we get OC so I can get a nice BBQ gun :D

Primus

EDC Glock 23 in serpa holster or blade tech nano iwb.

BUG is bodyguard .380. Currently looking for ankle holster for it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

F350

EDC is a Para-Ordnance P-14 (13+1) ,45 carried in a Ross Leather Pancake using the belt slot for a 45* forward cant.

I also will occasionally carry a GLOCK 19 in a Galco ******* shoulder holster (also have a belt slide and an IWB) if I feel the need I have a GLOCK 20 (10mm) and a Ross Leather Pancake.

If I carry a BUG I have a Grendal (first one I ever saw) and carry left rear pocket, wife has a S&W 642 (internal hammer light weight "J" frame with Crimson Trace grips)

Everything is loaded with Cor-Bon DPX (bullet is the Barns all copper hollow point)

Brian D.

I was sort of thinking that Vagrant started this thread here in the North Carolina subforum so as to find out what handguns his fellow Tarheels are carrying. But since several from other states have chimed in, reckon one more wouldn't hurt.

Actually I have a carry gun choice that's specific to North Carolina visits (okay, visits to any state with bears, mountain lions, etc.)...A Glock model 20 in 10mm. Apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way. Two different times when at the National Forest public ranges, I encountered other Glock 20 owners/users. And at a gun shop over in Maryville Tn., I saw a large batch of G-20 police trade ins from a nearby sheriff's department. (The agency was getting the same gun but one generation newer.) The clerk told me that the 10mm was a good seller in general around the Smoky Mountain region, not just the guns but ammo too.

drsysadmin

I am me.

What I carry? Depends. But one thing stays consistent - I hope to never have to use it.

And to clarify:
It is never a question of "are you paranoid?". Its a question of "are you paranoid enough?"

moonie

1911, either a compact for weight savings or full size in a Serpa OWB loaded with 200gr soft cast powder coated pentagonal hollow points.

Vagrant

Ok guys, it's your right to accept or decline to answer, but if you decline then why even post in the thread?

Also does the avatar picture of myself really seem police like?

Jamesm760

Yes, clearly you are deep undercover. Thought you could fool us!??!? NEVER!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:p

Edit:
My name is James, (if you couldn't tell by the username then...)
My EDC is Glock 23 in a BH Serpa lvl2
when I choose to carry a BUG, it is a Bersa thunder CC in a pocket holster
When I choose to carry A knife, it's a sharp one.
When I carry a vice recorder, it's a cheap one.

Also, to think that the goverment doesn't already know what you own, who you are, where you live, etc, is quite silly. ;)

Last edited:

wimwag

My name is Nathan and I carry a S&W SD40VE usually. Two Sundays from now I will be carrying a super scawy black shotgun with a few friends in Somerset WI. One will be carrying an AR pistol, most will be carrying handguns and some may carry even scawyer weapons, like my mosin which I am borrowing to a pal.

wimwag

Sounds like a question from a gov't agent ....

I decline to answer ....

if that's the case the they already know what you got. The camera systems on those predator drones can even read the writing on the barrel. Satellite cameras are even better.

Whatever you think your government is up to, it's probably much worse.

EGM 69

I carry a stock Glock 19 Gen4 with a Blackhawk Serpa and Double Mag Case. Looking to get some night sights eventually...

Brian D.

I carry a stock Glock 19 Gen4 with a Blackhawk Serpa and Double Mag Case. Looking to get some night sights eventually...

Mind a suggestion? I've been putting tritium on carry guns for a while now and lately figured out that I really only need it on the front sight. Works better for me because it's quicker to get a good enough sight picture in low-to-no light conditions. Been to some classes and matches where we were doing all this stuff on shot timers so the speed thing isn't a guess.

Saves money too, which is good because I'm a cheapskate, sort of.

EGM 69

Mind a suggestion? I've been putting tritium on carry guns for a while now and lately figured out that I really only need it on the front sight. Works better for me because it's quicker to get a good enough sight picture in low-to-no light conditions. Been to some classes and matches where we were doing all this stuff on shot timers so the speed thing isn't a guess.

Saves money too, which is good because I'm a cheapskate, sort of.

Thanks for your input! Your experience is very valuable! That will definitely save me some time and money (I'm a cheapskate too :p ). I'm hoping to get my hands on a couple different night-sigh equipped guns and try it out for myself as well. Which sights did you find to work best for you Brian?

WalkingWolf

Don't rely completely on night sights. Make sure you know your target, and that means illuminating it with a good strong light. I myself have little use for night sights. I prefer a good strong flashlight, at least 1,000 lumen. With the target brightly illuminated I can see the silhouette of my sights without issue.