• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home Depot under fire from the Anti-Rights movement!

OC4me

I just got this in my inbox:

http://gunvictimsaction.org/blog/nra-puppet-of-the-week-the-home-depot/

Please call or visit your local Home Depot and tell them thanks for supporting law-abiding gun-owners.

I imagine, that with the $50,000,000 of Bloomberg's dirty money, there is an anti-gun staffer mindlessly bugging the **** out of every major retail chain in the United States to ban carry on their premises.

We need to win these skirmishes now and nip this new tactic in the bud.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Same old tactic that they have been using for years - throw lots of money down a deep shaft, tell lots of lies and hope the people buy into it.

Problem is the people are tired of the bitter taste of the Kool-Aid they are being served.

WalkingWolf

I just got this in my inbox:

http://gunvictimsaction.org/blog/nra-puppet-of-the-week-the-home-depot/

Please call or visit your local Home Depot and tell them thanks for supporting law-abiding gun-owners.

I imagine, that with the $50,000,000 of Bloomberg's dirty money, there is an anti-gun staffer mindlessly bugging the **** out of every major retail chain in the United States to ban carry on their premises.

We need to win these skirmishes now and nip this new tactic in the bud.

We are to busy pointing fingers at each other, instead of supporting each other.

b0neZ

We are to busy pointing fingers at each other, instead of supporting each other.

Truer words were never said.

The antis most likely monitor this forum and others like it to gauge effectiveness and adjust tactics as needed. Them watching us turn on each other on the important stuff fills their uncomprehending souls with glee.

We need to stand together, no matter how much we may not get along on a personal level. Our common goal is much more important than the petty squabbles anyone here may have with someone else.

In short: Unite as One, or our cause is lost.

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Well, with the anti-gun people getting a number of businesses to cave (or simply be outed as the anti-gun businesses they already were) by making them issue "We don't want gun carriers here" official statements, they're on a roll...why would they NOT try to keep the momentum going?

It remains to be seen how many more businesses they can get to join "The List" we currently have. And we'll probably see shortly if Home Depot is added to it or not.

And Target, too, as it also is under pressure presently...

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Well, with the anti-gun people getting a number of businesses to cave (or simply be outed as the anti-gun businesses they already were) by making them issue "We don't want gun carriers here" official statements, they're on a roll...why would they NOT try to keep the momentum going?

It remains to be seen how many more businesses they can get to join "The List" we currently have. And we'll probably see shortly if Home Depot is added to it or not.

And Target, too, as it also is under pressure presently...

All that will do is narrow the business market down to a few large companies, who will enjoy the added business. I highly doubt Walmart will buckle to those nut cases. And small business owners are probably jumping for joy.

Let them do it, even though none of them have banned guns, and it in no way affects CC. They are also attacking NC Home Depot, and Target, where I have never seen a long gun, but handgun OC. It's time both the CC folks and the handgun OC folks wake up. MAD wants to take your guns!

stealthyeliminator

All businesses will be under fire from the anti-movement. "They've" already stated, essentially, that as a result of losing ground on the legislative front they are relying on tactics which cause private businesses to utilize their private property rights to enact bans. Lying is tactic numero uno, apparently.

"The courts and legislatures won’t solve our gun problem. Maybe the free market can." - Dahlia Lithwick

Interesting statement. It's humorous because they wouldn't know a free market if it bit them in the ass. And that's humorous because a truly free market would bite them in the ass.

I won't link to the article because it contains outright lies and such should not be disseminated.

Top comment is interesting, has nothing to do with LGOC:
"I was grocery-shopping a couple of days ago when I saw a woman pushing a cart with a Glock on her hip. She had a rather unpleasant look on her face, as if mentally preparing to squabble about her 2nd amendment rights if anyone said anything to her. I put down my basket and walked out, pausing to say to the Manager, "Look, I realize that she has the legal right but, if she's so paranoid that she can't walk around a grocery store without being conspicuously strapped - well, who the hell knows what'll set her off?" He agreed with me, but said that there was nothing he could do.

I'm starting to really dislike this society." - Michael Strickland

Last edited:

solus

you know you have consistently stated: lier, lier, pants on fire!
yet you apparently feel the need to continue to wander out seeking their propaganda and posting it out here so you can again say lies are being stated.

your second point about strickland's initial comments is quite revealing since strickland's comment is relating a story not related to the article whatsoever and the other comments are strictly directed against strickland's wayward story.

got your concept but who cares about strickland's comment! my point is what was the purpose of your post except to stand on your soap box screaming lier, lier and then put their six day olde regurgitated propaganda back in front of the forum readership and national limelight?

but wait you don't want to disseminate the lies, sorry that pony has left the gate

i truly do not understand what your objective is or what you are trying to accomplish by beating the lier lier donkey.

are you planning to post something for each article on their site prefacing it with the same opening? if so then do it in one fell swoop

ipse

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

you know you have consistently stated: lier, lier, pants on fire!
yet you apparently feel the need to continue to wander out seeking their propaganda and posting it out here so you can again say lies are being stated.

your second point about strickland's initial comments is quite revealing since strickland's comment is relating a story not related to the article whatsoever and the other comments are strictly directed against strickland's wayward story.

got your concept but who cares about strickland's comment! my point is what was the purpose of your post except to stand on your soap box screaming lier, lier and then put their six day olde regurgitated propaganda back in front of the forum readership and national limelight?

but wait you don't want to disseminate the lies, sorry that pony has left the gate

i truly do not understand what your objective is or what you are trying to accomplish by beating the lier lier donkey.

are you planning to post something for each article on their site prefacing it with the same opening? if so then do it in one fell swoop

ipse

My post only mentions that an article contains lies, it most certainly isn't about that some article is posting lies. I believe the point of my post is clear. Thread created stating X Y or Z company under fire from anti-gunners. I make a post noting that all major corporations are likely to come under fire, as the anti-gunners have stated it is a shift in their tactics to begin targeting them heavily. None of what I believe to be lies have been reposted in my post. I make no assertion that Strickland's story is a lie, nor do I believe it is a lie that they'll be targeting business owners with pressure to prohibit firearms as a result of losing ground on the legislative front, which are the only statements I quoted. Moreover, it is certainly not I who creates thread after thread on this topic, so I'm not sure where that silliness came from. The author of a thread is prominently displayed, I don't see how there could be any confusion on the matter. I think that in actuality, you are the wonderer, wondering around trying to find ways to pick at those who you've had significant disagreement with recently. Like I said, I think that the point of my post is perfectly clear. Any supposed confusion, I think, is totally manufactured just to give opportunity to try and criticize.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Note that all this attention is on, and to, national bigbox store chains/franchisees. There never has been a better opportunity to give custom to your local Mom&Pop shops. Shop local, buy local, eat local. Eschew BigBox stores, let 'em stew in their own juices.

Look to, for instance Great Wall Mart of China, under attack now by Moms of Wall Mart demanding $25/hour.
Unions, like Moms, cause prices to rise in direct response to increased income = no net gain.

Individual effort/reward is far more beneficial.

mikeyb

Unions, like Moms, cause prices to rise in direct response to increased income = no net gain.

It's actually worse. If you get a $1 raise, the economy will see the extra $1 and raise their price by $.10. But you don't buy just one thing. You buy many things. Therefore, the raise is still a negative in terms of the economy.

solus

Same old tactic that they have been using for years - throw lots of money down a deep shaft, tell lots of lies and hope the people buy into it.

Problem is the people are tired of the bitter taste of the Kool-Aid they are being served.

worked for jim jones!!

problem is people = john q public and JQP are buying the Public Relation push/News story(ies) (lies and all) hook line and sinker. this coupled with the continued sensationalization of those individuals who perpetuate shootings is convincing JQP not to tolerate OC in public.

ipse

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
worked for jim jones!!

problem is people = john q public and JQP are buying the Public Relation push/News story(ies) (lies and all) hook line and sinker. this coupled with the continued sensationalization of those individuals who perpetuate shootings is convincing JQP not to tolerate OC in public.

ipse
I don't find that to be the case at all. Acceptance of OC is the norm in my neck of the woods.

WalkingWolf

IMO more hatred of OC is spewed by the CC only crowd than the anti crowd.

These guys really HATE OCers, really cannot understand why.