• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting in a gun free zone, Seattle Pacific University

rightwinglibertarian

Is the University classed as private or government owned? If the latter there might have been some that would have defied the gun ban if precedent was there even decades ago. Also depends on what is classed as a school in WA.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

hhofent

How are these guys managing to get guns past the signs??

Sent from an unspecified mobile phone using unspecified software.

bebop4one

Is the University classed as private or government owned? If the latter there might have been some that would have defied the gun ban if precedent was there even decades ago. Also depends on what is classed as a school in WA.

My understanding is that it's a private Christian school. If that's the case, does that mean that their no gun signs are completely illegal?

rightwinglibertarian

No it means that as a private establishment they certainly do have the right to ban firearms. If it was publicly funded then yes I would consider the ban illegal.

unknownsailor

I'm not sure about this, hence my asking: Has the WAC authorizing colleges to ban firearms ever been challenged in court?

acmariner99

Latest updates state that 1 person is dead, 2 are injured, and 2 ROTC students subdued the shooter while he was reloading. I see a difficult battle keeping ammo prices low(er), keeping private sales legal, and keeping preemption.

SPU is a private university - therefore they can ban firearms on campus. Public uni's I think can ban them for students per the WAC's.

bebop4one

Unfortunately we now have one fatality. Man oh man the gun grabbers are going to have a field day with this so soon after Santa Barbara.

bebop4one

Latest updates state that 1 person is dead, 2 are injured, and 2 ROTC students subdued the shooter while he was reloading. I see a difficult battle keeping ammo prices low(er), keeping private sales legal, and keeping preemption.

Ugh don't say that...I fear that Initiative measure 594 will have no trouble passing now.

Primus

Luckily he only had a shotgun and had to reload. Hate to say it but it provides the data they need/use to push mag caps.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

rightwinglibertarian

Luckily he only had a shotgun and had to reload. Hate to say it but it provides the data they need/use to push mag caps.

Apart from the fact such is an infringement and thus has no force of law regardless of what any corrupt judge or senator says.

Geerolla

He had to reload a shotgun... I fail to see what that has to do with magazine limits. I know the liberal distortion ray might change that in the public eye, but they're two completely different things.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

Primus

He had to reload a shotgun... I fail to see what that has to do with magazine limits. I know the liberal distortion ray might change that in the public eye, but they're two completely different things.

Well even shotguns can and do have mag/tube limits depending on state.

Just saying it draws attention that someone had yo reload after only firing 4 RDS and then was,subdued because he was reloading.

Geerolla

Indeed, but reloading a shotgun one at a time is completely different from reloading a semi-auto handgun or rifle.

golddigger14s

Activist Member

Just saying it draws attention that someone had yo reload after only firing 4 RDS and then was,subdued because he was reloading.

Why do we need to bring up other states all the time? No limit in WA (except for legal hunting). This is the WA forum, talking about a WA event. Not picking on you in particular Primus. There a lot of people doing it recently.
Here you can put on an Xrail:
https://www.xrailbyrci.com/

Dave_pro2a

WA = 20 round drum for shotguns are legal.

No limit, except no DDs.