Thread: Loaded gun found in Target store toy aisle. Mad Women Against Guns setting the stage?

Loaded gun found in Target store toy aisle. Mad Women Against Guns setting the stage?

Myrtle Beach police are investigating how a loaded handgun ended up left on a toy aisle at a local department store recently.

The gun, a 9mm handgun, was found last week by a Target employee in a toy aisle of the store about 6 p.m. [last] Friday, police said.

Myrtle Beach police Capt. David Knipes said Thursday that detectives are working to find out who left the gun in the store and why.

Police have released a surveillance photo of a man wanted for questioning in connection with the incident.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/06/06/3...vestigate.html

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...QLJ-VZ8wF0u2HM 100 articles ATM

"Pressure Mounts On Target To Ban Firearms After Loaded Gun Found In Toy Aisle"

The gun was in plain view on top of a superhero Playskool toy box when the worker found it; he thought it was a toy. He realized it was real after seeing it was loaded with live ammo. The fact that it was found in an aisle geared toward children makes some shoppers feel this was no accident. “I don’t think someone would accidentally drop off a gun. I think he purposely left it there for a child to pick up and think, ‘Oh it’s a toy gun,’ and accidentally point it at somebody and it goes off,” says Kennedy McClain.
    http://laredosun.us/?p=6650

Authorities said the 9-mm handgun had not been reported stolen and had eight bullets inside. Officers said they would review security camera footage to try to determine who left the gun in the store.

The discovery comes as Target and other retailers face pressure to prohibit customers from carrying guns into their stores. On Wednesday, the group Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America launched a petition asking the company to prevent customers from carrying firearms in Target stores.

The petition is unrelated to the discovery of the gun in the Myrtle Beach location.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/loaded-g...-target-store/

A spokeswoman for Moms Demand Action replied: "The insinuation that an organization devoted to the prevention of gun violence would plant a loaded gun in the toy aisle of Target is utterly ridiculous. Moms Demand Action is solely focused on the safety and security of our families and communities. Only one organization has a history of bringing loaded guns into Target -- it's not us."http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014/06/05/Real-loaded-gun-found-in-Target-toy-aisle-as-activists-pressure-retailer-to-ban-firearms/7541401996046/
    A week without coverage until it suits MDA MWAG.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-06-2014 at 01:07 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Pre arranged drop point for another criminal, set up by the anti gun crowed. Some one being absent minded trying the newest toy gun in his holster sets the real one down or being just stupid.

How come I can never find these misplaced guns, lost guns they be given a good home well fed and cared for with nice safe to rest in.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Not sure you'd have wanted this one, it looked like a Hi-Point in the one article I saw that wasn't using stock photos in their piece.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

I think it'd be a pipe dream if it turns out to be an MDA plant. Credibility would go from Hail Caesar! Heil Hitler! to Jack in the Box, circa 1993.

Banned
    Whew ! Only had bullets inside ...

Maybe a price tag too?

Sounds like a simple case of placing it onto the wrong section. Should be in the guns are fun section of the store.

Sounds like they cannot trace back the gun via its serial #.

Now I am guessing that the BATFE will not be too energetic tracing the gun back to an anti gun person. It could have been a criminal/felon who thought they were being watched and might be confronted. OR and if it is, a anti gunner associated with MDA, which would crush them.

No matter what it was, it was stupid.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

It was one of those guns bought at a gun show without a background check, untraceable, yeah, that's it!

WW one of the articles stated they knew who the last owner was and i am sure when they locate said owner (can't find them after a week??) as well as identify the person loitering in the aisle, police will dispatch a complement of swat swat officers and the persons of interest(s) will 'accidentally' be shot so the truth will never be known...

but i agree w/firearm instructor...if i had found the firearm, it would be given a good home...hi point notwithstanding...

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 06-06-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

$1,000 reward offered

Police have on Thursday released a surveillance photo of a man wanted for questioning in connection with the incident. A picture of a woman who is the last registered owner of the gun was released Friday. The woman also is wanted for questioning.

http://www.islandpacket.com/2014/06/...vestigate.html

Be on the look out
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-06-2014 at 02:42 PM.

The timing of this incident is utterly bizarre. What are the odds?
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    The timing of this incident is utterly bizarre. What are the odds?
    possibly well timed...

just saying

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Impossibly well timed.

Well played on either side.

I can hear the phone conversation now...

"Arthur, I'm calling to warn you that the police have been by here several times looking for you."

"Really, Gladys? I wonder why?"

"I am certain it is some clerical error, Arthur, but, if you have an illegal handgun in your possession, I would recommend that you dispose of it as quickly as possible."

"Where would you recommend, dear?"

"Where are you at the moment, Arthur?"

"I am currently perusing the items in the toy department in Target (pronounced Tar-zhay)."

"You could, if you had such an illegal handgun, and I'm not saying that you do, dispose of it right there."

"Capital idea, Gladys! I shall see you soon at the deluxe apartment where we shall remain incognito!"

No? You don't think it went like that?
    Last edited by Elm Creek Smith; 06-06-2014 at 04:33 PM.
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon

I wonder what they plan to charge them with. Was any law broken.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 06-07-2014 at 06:59 AM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Police have on Thursday released a surveillance photo of a man wanted for questioning in connection with the incident. A picture of a woman who is the last registered owner of the gun was released Friday. The woman also is wanted for questioning.

http://www.islandpacket.com/2014/06/...vestigate.html

Be on the look out
    I called the Det. and told him I did not know the guy....so its some help to him, right?