Thread: Firearm Concealed Carry Act - Carrying MULTIPLE concealed firearms.

Question Firearm Concealed Carry Act - Carrying MULTIPLE concealed firearms.

This is probably a stupid question. But in the "Firearm Concealed Carry Act":

They always refer to conceal carrying a firearm, always using the singular.

Does a CCW license allow me to carry a SINGLE concealed firearm, or MULTIPLE (if I wish)?

Banned
    Carry as many as you like.

Read your rules of construction.

(5 ILCS 70/1.03) (from Ch. 1, par. 1004)
    Sec. 1.03. Words importing the singular number may extend and be applied to several persons or things, and words importing the plural number may include the singular.
    (Source: Laws 1945, p. 1717.)

I am a bit surprised by such a naive question after your authoritative intrusion in Wisconsin. Are the Wisconsin and Illinois statutes rules of construction the same, or different?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLovell View Post
    Well a lot of people have a lot of different interpretations, hence why there's a court to decide. How long have you been back in the US? Any idea roughly how many times that situation has occurred (you've have genuine business on a government property and have open carried in a restricted place)? Or are you just getting into the carrying thing?[my emphasis]
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-07-2014 at 08:42 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Sec. 1.03. Words importing the singular number may extend and be applied to several persons or things, and words importing the plural number may include the singular.

I am a bit surprised by such a naive question after your authoritative intrusion in Wisconsin. Are the Wisconsin and Illinois statutes rules of construction the same, or different?
    Play nice. We are not all caffeinated to the same level.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

You never know When I tell my kids "Have a chocolate" that doesn't mean the whole bag.

Well that was more the case of probing someone who claimed he ignored laws that infringe on 2A - When clearly he didn't. Nobody ignores them all.
    Last edited by MikeLovell; 06-07-2014 at 09:33 AM.