Thread: Anyone have a glock I can borrow?

Anyone have a glock I can borrow?

I am taking armorers classes again this year. I have taken the AR 15- 191,1 and Springfield XD I will be refreshing on these classes again. I have not taken the Glock class because I do not own one. I do however want to learn how they tick, and be able to hot rod them. I thought it possible that someone on here would possibly lend/trade pistols for a day so I could take the class. The class is Friday August 8th.

I have a 22 that I'd let you borrow for the class.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JJxx101 View Post
    I have a 22 that I'd let you borrow for the class.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    That is awesome. It will come back clean and running hard. let me know if you would like any work done. and I will PM you with my info. I have a FNH FNP in .40 with a right handed holster, if you want to carry/ shoot something different.

I've a 19 Gen 2, and just yesterday I received a brand new in the box 41 Gen 4. I don't even know what I want to do with it yet. Let me know if you need either.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    That is awesome. It will come back clean and running hard. let me know if you would like any work done. and I will PM you with my info. I have a FNH FNP in .40 with a right handed holster, if you want to carry/ shoot something different.
    It's still almost a brand new gen 3 but a little look at it while you are in the class won't hurt at all, it's already got night sights on it so no worries about doing any work on it while your in the class unless they give you free stuff to upgrade the gun with. Shoot me the PM and we can get this organized so we can trade right before the class.

I am taking armorers classes again this year. I have taken the AR 15- 191,1 and Springfield XD I will be refreshing on these classes again. I have not taken the Glock class because I do not own one. I do however want to learn how they tick, and be able to hot rod them. I thought it possible that someone on here would possibly lend/trade pistols for a day so I could take the class. The class is Friday August 8th.
    Not sure if I'll be in Vegas on that date (depends on the wifes AIT) but if I am and the other offers fall through, you're welcome to use my G23.

Glock prohibits personal weapons at the armorers course. They will supply guns for you to work on.
    WTT: Glock 27 for Glock 26

Reading the OP carefully leads me to believe this is not a class from Glock, Inc.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Usually when people come over to borrow things, they bring their own Tupperware -- but you want to borrow the TUPPERWARE!

Thanks Everyone, for offering your Tupperware! I was humbled by the response. It looks like I will be picking up my very own Tupperware (Glock 22) this Saturday due to a trade. Once again, thanks for all of the offers.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    And you're also going to work on an XD? Are you aware that "XD" is a graphic depiction of someone laughing so hard their eyes are clenched shut?

Banned
    Thanks Everyone, for offering your Tupperware! I was humbled by the response. It looks like I will be picking up my very own Tupperware (Glock 22) this Saturday due to a trade. Once again, thanks for all of the offers.
    Good post.....lol

I was going to offer you my wife on one condition: you can't bring her back !

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Good post.....lol

I was going to offer you my wife on one condition: you can't bring her back !
    Presume that would be a choice she would appreciate. I'll probably burn for that, but it had to be said.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Presume that would be a choice she would appreciate. I'll probably burn for that, but it had to be said.
    All in good fun ! I got her all boxed up ... you'll have to be there to sign for the package ! Noted on shipping paperwork as "A Major Award !"
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 06-26-2014 at 04:00 AM.

All in good fun ! I got her all boxed up ... you'll have to be there to sign for the package ! Noted on shipping paperwork as "A Major Award !"
    I'm going to do something I don't usually do, because David gets a lot of unnecessary 'flack' here.

Once or twice I've PM him and said 'so and so's comment was really mean'. Never has he ever done anything but say 'oh, it's just in the spirit of good fun' or 'he didn't mean it that way'.

Basically he's really a good guy, people.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    I'm going to do something I don't usually do, because David gets a lot of unnecessary 'flack' here.

Once or twice I've PM him and said 'so and so's comment was really mean'. Never has he ever done anything but say 'oh, it's just in the spirit of good fun' or 'he didn't mean it that way'.

Basically he's really a good guy, people.
    Have never truly questioned that. Problem is that so much is in the perception - the taste left behind. Sometimes one can make insensitive or ill advised remarks w/o intending harm.

There is no doubt but that he is solidly behind RKBA and is actively so engaged.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

A Major A-Word?

Wow. I didn't know UPS handled packages with special instructions like that.

Anyway, Don't Tread On Me, sounds like your solution was even better - don't have a gun you want? JUST BUY IT/TRADE FOR IT!!!