Thread: June 21 - COS - IHOP

June 21 - COS - IHOP

Hello, everyone!

The next event here in Colorado Springs will be at 9 am on June 21, 2014, at the IHOP just off I-25 at North Academy Blvd.

No agenda, except to meet one another, see some friends, and have a good time.

Date: June 21, 2014 - Saturday
    Time: 9:00 am
    8065 N. Academy Boulevard
    COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80920-3922

See you there!

- since9

Status Update: We're a GO! Several people have responded privately they will be attending. I look forward to seeing you all!
    Last edited by since9; 06-16-2014 at 03:39 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

The meeting went well!

Cloudcroft, jskp229 and I arrived early, and spent more than four hours eating a hearty breakfast, followed by some fairly in-depth discussions of various issues.

Good to meet/see you both!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Campaign Veteran
    Yes...and then 308fan dragged himself in a good while later! Well, at least he arrived. :-)

308fan & I aren't "morning people" but we made it anyway. A very short drive for me living in The Springs on (N. Voyager Pkwy) but a much longer one for 308fan from Peyton.

And not to mention (but I will anyway) the rather long and POSITIVE conversation we had with our IHOP server about OC-ing. Once again, it wouldn't have happened had we been CC-ing, as he'd never would have known we were carrying. Even "Ed, the Balloon Guy" took notice of us: He made a balloon "assault rifle" (with sound effects) for one of the other tables which was pretty scary to some, I'm sure (right). You know how some people (like our server) feel about OC-ers carrying long guns inside a restaurant -- it appears that "Ed" hadn't gotten the message as he was clearly "brandishing." ;-)

And, as always, besides the IHOP staff & management -- and Ed -- other customers got some "desensitizing training" also...more than usual as we were there during their busy morning rush (vs. mid-afternoon "quiet-time" as per usual).

Regards to all and thanks to since9 for hosting this Saturday's OC event!

Now, must make sure I don't stay up TOO late tonight as I need to go to Castle Rock tomorrow (Sunday) for our OC event there...
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 06-22-2014 at 01:58 AM.