• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

June 21 - COS - IHOP

since9

Campaign Veteran
Hello, everyone!

The next event here in Colorado Springs will be at 9 am on June 21, 2014, at the IHOP just off I-25 at North Academy Blvd.

No agenda, except to meet one another, see some friends, and have a good time.

Date: June 21, 2014 - Saturday
Time: 9:00 am
8065 N. Academy Boulevard
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80920-3922

See you there!

- since9

Status Update: We're a GO! Several people have responded privately they will be attending. I look forward to seeing you all!

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
The meeting went well!

Cloudcroft, jskp229 and I arrived early, and spent more than four hours eating a hearty breakfast, followed by some fairly in-depth discussions of various issues.

Good to meet/see you both!

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Yes...and then 308fan dragged himself in a good while later! Well, at least he arrived. :)

308fan & I aren't "morning people" but we made it anyway. A very short drive for me living in The Springs on (N. Voyager Pkwy) but a much longer one for 308fan from Peyton.

And not to mention (but I will anyway) the rather long and POSITIVE conversation we had with our IHOP server about OC-ing. Once again, it wouldn't have happened had we been CC-ing, as he'd never would have known we were carrying. Even "Ed, the Balloon Guy" took notice of us: He made a balloon "assault rifle" (with sound effects) for one of the other tables which was pretty scary to some, I'm sure (right). You know how some people (like our server) feel about OC-ers carrying long guns inside a restaurant -- it appears that "Ed" hadn't gotten the message as he was clearly "brandishing." ;-)

And, as always, besides the IHOP staff & management -- and Ed -- other customers got some "desensitizing training" also...more than usual as we were there during their busy morning rush (vs. mid-afternoon "quiet-time" as per usual).

Regards to all and thanks to since9 for hosting this Saturday's OC event!

Now, must make sure I don't stay up TOO late tonight as I need to go to Castle Rock tomorrow (Sunday) for our OC event there...

Last edited: