Thread: Late night or 24 hr ranges in Hampton roads

Late night or 24 hr ranges in Hampton roads

Just curious?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I assume from this question, you're new to the area and maybe to Va. Jimmy, so I'll apologize for snapping at your rifle post. The timing was bad and I thought you were trolling.

I doubt you'll find a 24 hour shooting range anywhere down there and late night is a relative term. There is a gunsmith in Matthews which is not too far that may let you shoot late night. He isn't a very good gunsmith and I expect he needs money from any source, He's the only one in Matthews so he won't be hard to find.

Other than that, I can't think of anyplace.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I assume from this question, you're new to the area and maybe to Va. Jimmy, so I'll apologize for snapping at your rifle post. The timing was bad and I thought you were trolling.

I doubt you'll find a 24 hour shooting range anywhere down there and late night is a relative term. There is a gunsmith in Matthews which is not too far that may let you shoot late night. He isn't a very good gunsmith and I expect he needs money from any source, He's the only one in Matthews so he won't be hard to find.

Other than that, I can't think of anyplace.
    Is that they guy who has old hot water heaters in a field of weeds as "targets"?

Might have to keep your headlights turned on to see
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Lafayette Gun Club in Grafton, just off Rt 17. But I think membership is closed due to reaching their maximum membership goal.