• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Ever Drone Footage of DUI Checkpoint

onus

[video=youtube;IuuvxW67_t4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuuvxW67_t4[/video]

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No buildings 65' tall?

Helicopter?

What is the confirmed indication that a drone was in use? Did the LEA admit to such use or FOIA substantiate it? If so show us.

Cutting and pasting low level and higher level shots together does not in and of itself substantiate the use of a drone.

Last edited:

Jack House

No buildings 65' tall?

Helicopter?

What is the confirmed indication that a drone was in use? Did the LEA admit to such use or FOIA substantiate it? If so show us.

Cutting and pasting low level and higher level shots together does not in and of itself substantiate the use of a drone.
Oh, you weren't sarcastic. :uhoh:

The drone is clearly visible in the video and easily identified from the drone footage. It is very obviously a quadricopter drone fitted with an HD cam that belongs to Onus, or someone working with him. Not the cops.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Oh, you weren't sarcastic. :uhoh:

The drone is clearly visible in the video and easily identified from the drone footage. It is very obviously a quadricopter drone fitted with an HD cam that belongs to Onus, or someone working with him. Not the cops.
Indubitably not.

I still see no drone. I do see an opening pan up footage.

If user onus has such a beastie, show us the bird with a known/recognized, trusted user in the same picture. Then we'll discuss the legitimacy of any footage gained.

I'm not entirely w/o knowledge of such genuine birds as a close acquaintance in Virginia has flown his complete w/HD camera.

Jack House

Indubitably not.

If user onus has such a beastie, show us the bird with a known/recognized, trusted user in the same picture. Then we'll discuss the legitimacy of any footage gained.

I'm not entirely w/o knowledge of such genuine birds as a close acquaintance in Virginia has flown his complete w/HD camera.
You can see the pilot in the video at the 9 second mark. You can see the quadricopter in the sky shortly after that. If you watch it, it spins around. As you watch the footage from the quadricopter, you can see it move in patterns not see with full sized helicopters.

So which do you think more likely, that Onus had a full sized manned helicopter at the scene flying in patterns that would require an ace pilot and is entirely abnormal to make people think he, or someone he knows, owns a drone, all for reasons I can't even begin to speculate on. Or maybe, just maybe, he or someone he knows actually does have a quadricopter?

Call me gullible if you want, but as far as I'm concerned, this is sufficient evidence that Onus, or someone he knows, actually has a quadricopter. :lol:

notalawyer

Indubitably not.

Is your objection the use of the word 'drone' as opposed to the phrase 'hobby rotary-wing aircraft fitted with video camera'?

Or is it something else?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You can see the pilot in the video at the 9 second mark. You can see the quadricopter in the sky shortly after that. If you watch it, it spins around. As you watch the footage from the quadricopter, you can see it move in patterns not see with full sized helicopters.

So which do you think more likely, that Onus had a full sized manned helicopter at the scene flying in patterns that would require an ace pilot and is entirely abnormal to make people think he, or someone he knows, owns a drone, all for reasons I can't even begin to speculate on. Or maybe, just maybe, he or someone he knows actually does have a quadricopter?

Call me gullible if you want, but as far as I'm concerned, this is sufficient evidence that Onus, or someone he knows, actually has a quadricopter. :lol:

We have a BINGO - missed that connection each time. Much appreciated.

Off topic - is that a unicycle behind him.

Jack House

Off topic - is that a unicycle behind him.
No, but I can see why you would think it might be.

In this still, you can see the bike's frame going behind the pilot. The bike appears to be parked at a slight angle with the front wheel turned, which hides the rest of the frame and rear wheel behind him. If you look closely, you can see the rear wheel between his legs.

2014-06-08_062016.png

ADulay

Love the section where the LEO at one of the stop points is flashing his light up into the "quad".

I'm still amazed at just how stable those things are.

Those shots are NOT from a helicopter.

Every time I see those things workout like that, I get closer to convincing myself that I need to buy one now.

AD

Sent from the Glock Range Bag iPad using Tapatalk and a screwdriver

HPmatt

I think it is a helium balloon w a go-pro camera. Or phaps a video camera on a rope being pulled up the side of a building

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Love the section where the LEO at one of the stop points is flashing his light up into the "quad".

Every time I see those things workout like that, I get closer to convincing myself that I need to buy one now.

AD

From $60.00 to $700.00 - something in every price range.
https://www.google.com/search?q=buy...la:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

davidmcbeth

Banned
Indubitably not.

Someone should contact Grape .. its looks like eye95 hijacked his account ....

Sounds like eye .... just saying

JoeSparky

Centurion

AD

GPS based gyro stabilization is available including an ability if the control link is lost to return to a specific GPS coordinates and ALTITUDE.

Yard Sale

Nice, thanks!

FWIW, it's not the first-ever drone footage of a roadblock. Maybe not the first in California, even. There was one posted on YouTube, but I can't find it; it may have been taken down.

NosePicker

Nice, thanks!

FWIW, it's not the first-ever drone footage of a roadblock. Maybe not the first in California, even. There was one posted on YouTube, but I can't find it; it may have been taken down.

unless you can find it it didn't happen.

I say this is first ever !!