• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Ever Drone Footage of DUI Checkpoint

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is a near certainty that a Predator drone has taken video of a DUI roadblock. Just cuz we ain't got access to that video does not mean it is nonexistent.
Drones and unicycles - beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

Contrarian

DUI checkpoint Idaho?

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I thought that Idaho did not conduct such checks.

This website agrees: http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/laws/checkpoint_laws.html

"Georgia Yes Weekly Upheld under state and federal Constitution
Hawaii Yes Weekly Authorized by statute
Idaho No Illiegal under state law
Illinois Yes Several hundred per year Upheld under federal Constitution"

Would someone clarify?

onus

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I thought that Idaho did not conduct such checks.

This website agrees: http://www.ghsa.org/html/stateinfo/laws/checkpoint_laws.html

"Georgia Yes Weekly Upheld under state and federal Constitution
Hawaii Yes Weekly Authorized by statute
Idaho No Illiegal under state law
Illinois Yes Several hundred per year Upheld under federal Constitution"

Would someone clarify?

it appears you are correct. what do you win ?

FreeInAZ

I can see it now - local police go to FAA & get them to declare a 3 mile no fly zone for Onus and his pals around every officer, on duty or not. :eek: Keep up the good work Onus. Crooked cops despise people who catch their criminal acts. :dude:

FlyBoy276

I have two of these. Looks like a fun, side project. :p

What's with the carpet on the ground? Too good to stand on the pavement? :rolleyes:

OC for ME

I have two of these. Looks like a fun, side project. :p

What's with the carpet on the ground? Too good to stand on the pavement? :rolleyes:
Rubber mat to reduce foot/leg/back fatigue I suspect. It would be better to sit on your butt and drive around fighting crime instead of stopping regular folks in the search for revenue.